Happily Ever After - Live Event on Disney Parks Blog - Yes or No

Watch live event of Happily Ever After debut

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wasn't in the park. I watched it on my computer screen. I thought the fireworks took a backseat to the animated projections. I wouldn't be surprised if they are spending less per show on fireworks compared to Wishes. (Anybody know?)

If I wasn't comparing this show to Wishes, I would think it was fantastic. It's visually stunning, although I think (even maybe objectively, if I can do that lol) that Wishes has a stronger storyline and better music.

I'm not sure if any other fireworks show can pull my heartstrings like Wishes, probably in large part to all the memories I have at Disney with Wishes weaved right in. I sobbed like a baby during the Go the Distance portion as it felt very Wishes like. And during Tink's flight too.

If I wasn't comparing this show to Wishes, I would think it was fantastic. It's visually stunning, although I think (even maybe objectively, if I can do that lol) that Wishes has a stronger storyline and better music.

I'm not sure if any other fireworks show can pull my heartstrings like Wishes, probably in large part to all the memories I have at Disney with Wishes weaved right in. I sobbed like a baby during the Go the Distance portion as it felt very Wishes like. And during Tink's flight too.

i also cried like a baby during the i can go the distance section...

We loved the new show! I was glad that it was so long, colors looked great. I feel like I could watch it several times and still see something new. I am a little sad that you don't get much Mickey. Might have been neat. But overall we loved it.

We immediately watched wishes after (cause my daughter asked to watch it again). Now she is 6... but she liked the new one better. Although I love wishes, I am happy with the new show and music.

I wasn't in the park. I watched it on my computer screen. I thought the fireworks took a backseat to the animated projections. I wouldn't be surprised if they are spending less per show on fireworks compared to Wishes. (Anybody know?)

it was the bad camera work with the extreme close ups on the projections that gave you that impression..
i'm willing to bet that there are lots of fireworks, but we weren't able to see a lot of them because of the terrible camera work of disney's live streaming..

Didn't like it at all...the fireworks weren't coordinated to the music at all. They gave way too much time to unpopular movies. Barely any Cinderella on her own castle and no mickey mouse! Big disappointment. They should have given Illuminations a make over and kept wishes.

A lot of agreement from me. Should have a "crawl" at the bottom saying our movie dvd's on sale thruout the parks (just another movie commercial like CTM was). Fireworks were just background for the most part, generally not themed to the projections, sort of in a couple of segments, but not overall.

Just my $.02

I was in the park with a good view. To me, it was like the Once Upon a Time with fireworks. The show was a lil distracting to figure out what you should look at. I would call it more a Castle Show, than a Fireworks Show.

I was in the park with a good view. To me, it was like the Once Upon a Time with fireworks. The show was a lil distracting to figure out what you should look at. I would call it more a Castle Show, than a Fireworks Show.

where were you watching from? where were you standing in the park?
was it super packed with people?

Here's the video for those who missed the live streaming. Forward to the 15:15 mark to see the show:

They were having problems with signal 30 min before

what i mean is the camera direction...
they had multiple cameras filming from all over the park and some clueless director was deciding what to show those of us stuck at home watching on our computers...
he/she decided to go with extreme close ups for a lot of the show, which definitely hurt the viewing experience...

hopefully the dis, or one of the other bloggers, will put up a video with a good wide angle, full frontal view :)

I'm really glad it's getting good reviews!! I'm trying to wait until we go in December, but I'm not sure I will be able to! I said the same thing about Pandora and that didn't work out so well, as I've already seen pics and videos of it. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter