Hannah Montana 3D Concert: How early to arrive?

mjantz

DIS Veteran
We have tickets for the movie/concert on Saturday afternoon. DH & I were discussing how early to arrive. He suggested 2 1/2 hours early, at least. I'm thinking he's right but I'm wondering if that might not be early enough, especially since its not reserved seating.

So, I was curious as to how early everyone else planned on arriving. Also, are they going to be selling stuff at these shows? I can't see them passing up an opportunity to sell more overpriced t-shirts & such but I don't know where they'd put them in the movie theatres.

Thanks!

Why would you need to get there that early? They probably aren't even going to start letting people into the theater until much closer to the start time. I would be interested in seeing others' responses, but 2.5 hours seems like a LOT.

WOW...I know it is going to be a packed house, but I surely won't be arriving that early!! I was thinking an hour before TOPS and that is just to find parking and get in there...the showing before will likely let out 30 minutes or so before the next showing.

We have tickets for Saturday too. I was planning on getting there early enough to get parking and the glasses, but hadn't thought about getting good seats. I will plan on getting there a little earlier than I thought. Probably 45 minutes or so.

tHATS way early. I would do about 45-hour early. Its 3d so every seat will be a good seat.

Around here, though ours isn't for a few more weeks, no one is talking about it and many people have balked at the price -- so I certainly think that 2.5 hours is excessive --

I would get there early enough to not have to sit in the first few rows, but that is it.

I plan on going a hour in advance. We had to buy tickets online and pick them up at the window, which I'm assuming everyone else has to do to. Is there anyway around that? Can you pick them up before the day of the show ?

Well all of them except for the 9:40 one. I have my tickets, went to the theatre and BOUGHT them in person. Cash and carry!!! And it is going to be a zoo. I was thinking about an hour before. Need to find a parking spot you know and get snacks and a seat, Oh boogers, maybe I should leave now....

callie

OMGosh this is so crazy.
We did the Hannah concert when they came to our town. LUCKY enough to get seats w/o having to pay a scalper. Of course, we had to pay for the Hannah fan club site so we could get our special secret code to buy tickets early only to find out only a certain number of early tickets would be released. We all got to sit in the same section but my oldest daughter and her friend sat together and my youngest and I had to share a seat a few rows away from my my oldest. My biggest disappointment was that Billy Ray never was on stage. Yeah, I know it's all about Hannah but come on, give us moms a little something to look forward to!!!!:rotfl2:

Truly, this is so ridiculous that we now are having to show up to a movie theater so early just to get good seats??? What is the deal with this girl?? She is far too popular. Don't get me wrong, we like Hannah but everything that surrounds her is overkill to say the least. I was shocked at the prices for the movie as well. Just wait until the concert dvd comes out, wonder how much blood they want for that!! Get ready for a 2 week camp out to get in line for that release..:rotfl:

I feel an anti-Hannah mood has come over me.... ;) :rotfl2:

I was going to bring my toddlers since I took my older daughter to the concert but I think I might just wait till it comes out on DVD lol

We didn't go to the concert that early. I can't see the movie being that crowded. They won't oversell the tickets and since it's 3-D and most theatres all the seats are pretty good. They may not even let you in that far in advance. Another show may be playing. Out theatre only lets you in 30 min. early, of course there's a game room and snacks to buy!

I plan on going a hour in advance. We had to buy tickets online and pick them up at the window, which I'm assuming everyone else has to do to. Is there anyway around that? Can you pick them up before the day of the show ?

I just went in yesterday and picked mine up. I ordered them through Fandango. They had a computer right inside the door. I put in my confirmation and the tickets printed out right there.

Laura

I bought mine through Moviefone.com & printed them at home. None of the shows in my area are sold out. I'll probably get there 1 hr before showtime but that is pretty normal for me when I'm going with my kids.

We ordered ours the day they went on sale (online) for 2/1, and picked them up before Christmas.

I doubt we'll go very early- except maybe to the mall for dinner.
I'm not sure if it's sold out or not, but we'll be treating it like a regular movie. I think the earliest they'd even let you in is 30 mins before. Our theater does allow you to start lining up outside, prior to that though. Since it's a $15 ticket, I'm sure they'll be checking tix at the door, too. My kids, and their friends who are going with us, ended up being able to go to the concert anyway, so I don't think they'll be too heartbroken if the seats aren't the best.

wow that early for a movie? we didnt go that early to even see the concert. I guess Im glad I dont have to worry about the movie now. I didnt even bother with getting tickets when it came out since we saw the concert. Its getting out of control. :confused3

According to Fandango runtime is 1 hr/40minutes.

THANKS...of course my dad came to me on Sunday and said that they needed to be picked up that night at the airport...with the run time of the movie it should work out perfectly.

I can see th OP point though...Star Wars, Harry Potter, and other big franchise films have people line up hours early so they can get that "perfect" spot in the theatre or be the first to see it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter