Handicap Viewing Area for Parades????

They still exist in each park as before - Fastpass Plus and the handicapped parade viewing areas serve different purposes.

I posted this in a thread a few days ago regarding a Magic Kingdom.
There are 3 handicapped viewing areas:
- at the train station on a Main Street
- by the castle on a Main Street
- in Frontierland, across from the Hall of a Presidents.

The one by the castle hub was previously on the side of the circle, sort of across from the walkway to Tomorrowland. It is now on the side of the hub that faces down Main Street toward the train station.
From what I have read, the Fastpass Plus parade viewing area is on the opposite side of the castle hub, facing the castle.

As the other posters mentioned, plan to be there in plenty of time. The areas can fill up quickly and be crowded. They line up the wheelchairs/mobility devices were close together across the front of the area. Additional family members stand behind.

Last week we were waiting for the handicap seating for the 3pm parade. The area we went to was inside the circle facing the tomorrow land entrance. Unfortunately the parade was canceled :(

They still exist in each park as before - Fastpass Plus and the handicapped parade viewing areas serve different purposes.

I posted this in a thread a few days ago regarding a Magic Kingdom.
There are 3 handicapped viewing areas:
- at the train station on a Main Street
- by the castle on a Main Street
- in Frontierland, across from the Hall of a Presidents.

The one by the castle hub was previously on the side of the circle, sort of across from the walkway to Tomorrowland. It is now on the side of the hub that faces down Main Street toward the train station.
From what I have read, the Fastpass Plus parade viewing area is on the opposite side of the castle hub, facing the castle.

As the other posters mentioned, plan to be there in plenty of time. The areas can fill up quickly and be crowded. They line up the wheelchairs/mobility devices were close together across the front of the area. Additional family members stand behind.

OP, hope you don't mind me adding a few questions on!

Sue, how long before the parade is plenty of time? I'm thinking the Festival of Fantasy parade specifically (in November if that matters). Is 30 minutes ok, or more like 60?

Also, you you need a pass or anything to get into the area? My mom will be in a scooter but we don't need a DAS card since she can transfer for attractions. She just can't stand for long or walk long distances.

Also how many people can accompany her in the handicapped area? I don't mind finding my own spot - I like to sit on the curb anyway - but I don't want her to watch by herself. Other than my mom there are 4 more of us.

Thanks!

Sue, how long before the parade is plenty of time? I'm thinking the Festival of Fantasy parade specifically (in November if that matters). Is 30 minutes ok, or more like 60?
. . . 45-60 minutes
. . . any later, and the spaces will be gone

Also, you you need a pass or anything to get into the area? My mom will be in a scooter but we don't need a DAS card since she can transfer for attractions. She just can't stand for long \or walk long distances.
. . . no pass
. . . just be in the scooter or wheelchair

Also how many people can accompany her in the handicapped area? I don't mind finding my own spot - I like to sit on the curb anyway - but I don't want her to watch by herself. Other than my mom there are 4 more of us.
. . . in most cases, the handicapped person and one (1) other
. . . the remaining party must wait elsewhere
. . . more than one extra person would reduce the amount of space for handicapped persons

OP, hope you don't mind me adding a few questions on!

To be safe, 60. Generally, 45 minutes will be OK, but we have gotten to viewing areas between 45 and 50 minutes ahead and found them full.
Even though the parhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3296555ks might not be as busy in general, it is a time when guests with disabilities often like to visit because it is cooler and less crowded.
The number of guests with disabilities visiting may vary a lot from day to day.
Also, you you need a pass or anything to get into the area? My mom will be in a scooter but we don't need a DAS card since she can transfer for attractions. She just can't stand for long or walk long distances.
She won't need anything as long as she is using an ECV.
DAS is only for lines.

Thanks!
The general guideline is up to 6 - five plus the person with a disability and that is what is usually allowed, although that can vary with how busy it is.
They will always accommodate her plus one other person; more than that would depend on how busy it is.
For most of the areas, the guests with wheelchairs, ECVs and other seated mobility devices are lined up very close together across the curb side of the handicapped viewing area. There will be space behind each mobility device for one or two companions to stay with.
If there are more in your party, they will stand farther back, in the back of the viewing area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts