Handicap seating for RoL

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
How is the seating for the new River of Lights show. Are they different for dining and FP

I know wheelchairs and ECVs are parked at the top of the stairs and then their parties on the bench below that. It is similar to fantasmic in that there is no ramp just stairs. I don't believe there is anything else besides wheelchair/ecv.

I have seen the theaters from a distance, but the show was not running when we were at AK last.
I appeared (and I have read) that there might be a small amount of accessible seating in the front row in theater, reached by a switchback ramp. That is how the small number of accessible seats in other theaters, like Nemo and Indiana Jones are accessed.

Whether or not there are any seats in the front, both the Fastpass and Standby theaters have wheelchair/ECV seating near the top. Easywdw has some good pictures on this page:
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/a-...-tree-barbecue-watermelon-salad-review-42316/

Even though this may be an older story it has great pictures of the seating. Thanks SueM!
Yes.
The pictures are great on that. The theater didn't change, just the show, so it should still be good.

We have the RoL Dining Package and hoping there is wheelchair seating in the dining package section too.

I know wheelchairs and ECVs are parked at the top of the stairs and then their parties on the bench below that. It is similar to fantasmic in that there is no ramp just stairs. I don't believe there is anything else besides wheelchair/ecv.

just an FYI, there is WC accessible seating in the front of the Fantasmic theatre. It is accessible by a long ramp all the way over by the trees to the left of the theatre. Have been up/down that ramp multiple times.

just an FYI, there is WC accessible seating in the front of the Fantasmic theatre. It is accessible by a long ramp all the way over by the trees to the left of the theatre. Have been up/down that ramp multiple times.

Thanks! I have to admit I have only ever seen the stuff at the too so didn't even realize there is a ramp.

We've sat in the front at Fantasmic with a wheelchair too.
It's quite a way down to the front and you are very likely to get wet from water spray.

If there is any kind of breeze blowing the wrong direction, yes, you will probably get wet. During steamy hot summer nights, we found it slightly refreshing. During chilly fall or winter nights, it can cause you to get down right cold!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter