Hand surgery update!

Did it get you out of cooking Christmas dinner? I hope so-hope you had a nice dinner, cooked by someone else.

Yes, as a matter of fact, it did! Also, I got to pick our meal, and so we had pan-seared filet mignon, (paired with a lovely local red wine) homemade garlic mashed potatoes, homemade mashed sweet potatoes, Hawaiian rolls, green beans, corn and for dessert were my favorite cookies!

I offered to help...! 😉

I hope your dinner was lovely as well!

Did you “exercise “ your hand by pointing out to the cooks, that could use a bit more butter, the meat needs turning, etc.

Glad healing is moving along.

I won't scare you with the gnarly pictures, but I got my stitches out TODAY! Yay!!!

Overall, my hand is relatively flexible, although there is still an enormous amount of swelling internally.

So far, so good! :-)
Great news! Hopefully the new year will be a much better year for you and you family.

Hauoli Makahiki Hou (Happy New Year)!

Yes, as a matter of fact, it did! Also, I got to pick our meal, and so we had pan-seared filet mignon, (paired with a lovely local red wine) homemade garlic mashed potatoes, homemade mashed sweet potatoes, Hawaiian rolls, green beans, corn and for dessert were my favorite cookies!

I offered to help...! 😉

I hope your dinner was lovely as well!
What cookie is your favorite?

Did you “exercise “ your hand by pointing out to the cooks, that could use a bit more butter, the meat needs turning, etc.

Glad healing is moving along.
LOL I did indeed “exercise” my hand! That’s why we are friends - great minds think alike! 🤣

At least I don’t accidentally “fly the bird” anymore when I try to make a “thumbs up”!!!

Great news! Hopefully the new year will be a much better year for you and you family.

Hauoli Makahiki Hou (Happy New Year)!
Thank you! Happy New Year Y’all! (That’s Okie 😂)

What cookie is your favorite?
It’s an ooooooold family recipe; originally it used shortening and oleo, but it’s been updated, and I can vouch for the yummy! If they are not over baked, these will be soft and brownie-like, with caramel notes from the brown sugar and butterscotch chips!

Aunt Ellen’s Best Blondies

Ingredients:
2/3 cup softened butter
16 oz. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon almond extract 2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt
8 oz. chocolate chips
8 oz. butterscotch chips
Pam cooking spray (to grease pan with)

Baking instructions:
Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, almond, and beat well. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add slowly to creamed mixture. Add chocolate and butterscotch chips. Press into a greased 9x13 pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
Makes about 24 bars.

LOL I did indeed “exercise” my hand! That’s why we are friends - great minds think alike! 🤣

At least I don’t accidentally “fly the bird” anymore when I try to make a “thumbs up”!!!
But now you lost a great talent.......how many of us can insult and agree with someone at the same time??????

Thank you! Happy New Year Y’all! (That’s Okie 😂)

It’s an ooooooold family recipe; originally it used shortening and oleo, but it’s been updated, and I can vouch for the yummy! If they are not over baked, these will be soft and brownie-like, with caramel notes from the brown sugar and butterscotch chips!

Aunt Ellen’s Best Blondies

Ingredients:
2/3 cup softened butter
16 oz. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon almond extract 2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt
8 oz. chocolate chips
8 oz. butterscotch chips
Pam cooking spray (to grease pan with)

Baking instructions:
Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, almond, and beat well. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add slowly to creamed mixture. Add chocolate and butterscotch chips. Press into a greased 9x13 pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
Makes about 24 bars.
Thank you for sharing. Hugs to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!