hanauma bay

Stormtrooper mum

Mouseketeer
I understand there's been a lot of change since the reopening and we will need to drive and not walk up to get in. It'll be our first time going in Feb (fingers crossed) and travelling with two young kids so hoping to make this as painless as i can by planning well. If they open at 7:45am does anyone know what time you need to get your car in line to get in? What time can you be let into the parking lot? Do they turn you away if you are too early? Appreciate any advice and hoping for some good car seat naps!

We were there yesterday and drove by around 1 pm and there were still parking spaces.
Thank you! What time did you get there and how long did you have to wait to get in? We’re thinking we want to go for opening but don’t know if that means getting there at 6 and waiting in the car until it opens to get a spot or if we could be there closer to 7:30 and be fine. I know it’s all a bit day dependant too so we’re thinking weekday.

It depends on what you want to see at Hanauma Bay. More of the ocean's wildlife tend to feed in the bay in the mornings. That's why it is crowded at opening. After Noon, the morning crowd starts to leave and therefore parking opens up. So while it looks more available in the afternoon.. there's a reason why. You can definitely see fish in the afternoon, so it's not like it is barren. There's just more in the morning.... work less to see more.

Also, not sure if things changed or are changing, but after it opened, it was easier to park your car down the hill and walk up to the entrance. They were letting walk ins come in first before those that wanted to park. Not sure if this is something that still happens. I assume probably not as I'm sure there would be backlash with residents in that area, traffic backups and people upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter