HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be weird for me this year. I'll actually be spending Halloween in Florida, go figure. But I am coming over to Anaheim then for Christmas season, so I'll mostly be around in the other thread this year.

My family and I are looking forward to our 3rd Halloween party. I'm hoping to avoid the insane crowds we encountered last year. The whole week was at 9s or 10s, I believe due to some school breaks. While it wasn't totally unmanageable, it was too busy for most of my family. We thought about trying the end of September this year but I worry about the heat, too.

I have not read all 67 pages of this thread! So I apologize if this has been covered, but to what extent does Halloween Time affect crowds? We are thinking about going September 10 - September 15. Will it be crazy busy? Or are the insane crowds referenced in a few of the latest posts in this thread mostly seen at the actual Halloween parties as opposed to dates that happen to fall within Halloween Time? For reference, our last three trips have been either the last week of April or first week of May. How will early September crowds compare to those in late April/early May?

Thanks!

It will be weird for me this year. I'll actually be spending Halloween in Florida, go figure. But I am coming over to Anaheim then for Christmas season, so I'll mostly be around in the other thread this year.

We had a great time at Halloweentime at WDW in 2015, how long are you there for?

We had a great time at Halloweentime at WDW in 2015, how long are you there for?

October 29th til November 7th. Just catching the tail end of Halloween, but I wanted to cover the first Christmas party with my stay (hopefully) and I am signed up for the Epcot 5k runDisney. It's going to be a whole new adventure. :) I've done Star Wars Weekends three years ago. Really looking forward to going back, although I will miss my favorite season at my favorite park dearly. but WDW got some characters out through the day meanwhile I haven't met yet and there's characters I have never met at the parties too. I'm dying to meet Jane from Tarzan.

October 29th til November 7th. Just catching the tail end of Halloween, but I wanted to cover the first Christmas party with my stay (hopefully) and I am signed up for the Epcot 5k runDisney. It's going to be a whole new adventure. :) I've done Star Wars Weekends three years ago. Really looking forward to going back, although I will miss my favorite season at my favorite park dearly. but WDW got some characters out through the day meanwhile I haven't met yet and there's characters I have never met at the parties too. I'm dying to meet Jane from Tarzan.

We did a similar trip in 2015 to catch both Halloween and Xmas it was awesome!

Ditto. It will be very weird for me to since it's my first time being at the other Disney.

We did a similar trip in 2015 to catch both Halloween and Xmas it was awesome!

It's been our plan for the longest time too. I've done Christmas in Anaheim once and really liked it. My two travel mates got a stickler shock and swore they'd never do Disney at Christmas again. So now I am hanging out with someone else for Christmas. A friend of mine who's coming to Florida is a DVC member, so I'll get to go to their Halloween Event too. That's something I am really looking Forward to as well cause last year they had Oogie Boogie there for a meet.

Ditto. It will be very weird for me to since it's my first time being at the other Disney.

It's different, but a fun difference.

We took a friend of ours who had only been to Anaheim to Paris once. Layout is very different there. She kept trying to use shortcuts she was used to from Anaheim that don't exist in Paris. I don't think I ever saw her with a map out that much ever before. The same Thing happened to me in Magic Kingdom during our last WDW trip a couple of times and I am sure it will happen again. :D

I have not read all 67 pages of this thread! So I apologize if this has been covered, but to what extent does Halloween Time affect crowds? We are thinking about going September 10 - September 15. Will it be crazy busy? Or are the insane crowds referenced in a few of the latest posts in this thread mostly seen at the actual Halloween parties as opposed to dates that happen to fall within Halloween Time? For reference, our last three trips have been either the last week of April or first week of May. How will early September crowds compare to those in late April/early May?

Thanks!
I'm gonna guess busier in September. We did 9/18-9/20 last year and it was crowded and hot. We walked back to the hotel for a pool break when it was wall to wall people mid day. Parties didn't start until after our trip. I think AP days was going though. It was less busy than early August and hotel rates were better.

they had Oogie Boogie there for a meet.

He is on my bucket list!

She kept trying to use shortcuts she was used to from Anaheim that don't exist in Paris. I don't think I ever saw her with a map out that much ever before. The same Thing happened to me in Magic Kingdom during our last WDW trip a couple of times and I am sure it will happen again.

This happens to me all the time, as we alternate DLR and WDW each year I get all turned around at Magic Kingdom/DL

Will Sherrie be updating this thread for Halloween 2017? I hope so. If not, I hope someone will soon take the lead and update the thread for Halloween 2017. I sure miss Sherrie and wish she would come back to the boards and post. Her photos are amazing as well as her knowledge of the holidays.

I have my fingerscrossed for the 22nd
I mean if we go from last years dates I feel like the 22nd will be when it starts.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go this year. I really enjoyed my time last year so I'm heavily considering it, and I'd be interested to see if there will be anything new added to the party or if it will be the same.

I'm having problems with Photobucket, so it might take a couple of more days before I can upload anything on photobucket. If anyone knows any other site like photobucket to upload and share photos let me know.

I mean if we go from last years dates I feel like the 22nd will be when it starts.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go this year. I really enjoyed my time last year so I'm heavily considering it, and I'd be interested to see if there will be anything new added to the party or if it will be the same.

There has been speculation that it might move to DCA this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter