HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen adult guests in costume in the park before the early party hours? Last year we entered before 3pm/4pm, wearing our full costumes, using our passes and had no problem. Checked in at the Frontierland table when the early hours started. Would that be possible this year or are they being strict about this? I haven't read any reports either way.

I think I am over thinking things as I get ready to leave in two days. I've been putting together a fun Cruella Deville Costume and I stayed up way too late last night lace adding a veil and gluing feather onto a hat (now I am wondering how I am going to take it on the plane). It is okay to dress as a Disney Villain for MHP right?....Yesterday my bank teller said she wasn't sure you can dress as a villain given the new guidelines. Anyway, to relieve my mind, I thought I'd ask.

[QUOTE="Yesterday my bank teller said she wasn't sure you can dress as a villain given the new guidelines. Anyway, to relieve my mind, I thought I'd ask.[/QUOTE]

Way over thinking, Cruella is a very good choice, the best costumes are the characters, you will be very happy you came in a costume, I would not be so over worried about the rules, they are more of a cover your buns thing against the naughty nurses but there was really no one like that. I did not see anyone getting turned away, in fact the CMs seem to love the whole night. As far as getting there early you will not be the only one, they open at 4 but a lot of season passers will be there before.

Has anyone seen adult guests in costume in the park before the early party hours? Last year we entered before 3pm/4pm, wearing our full costumes, using our passes and had no problem. Checked in at the Frontierland table when the early hours started. Would that be possible this year or are they being strict about this? I haven't read any reports either way.

I had no trouble entering the park in costume at 4ish and there were a ton of adults who got into the park an hour or more before me in costume with no problem. I did see a ton of adult in costume at 8:00am as I have in a the past but I did see 1 for sure.

I think I am over thinking things as I get ready to leave in two days. I've been putting together a fun Cruella Deville Costume and I stayed up way too late last night lace adding a veil and gluing feather onto a hat (now I am wondering how I am going to take it on the plane). It is okay to dress as a Disney Villain for MHP right?....Yesterday my bank teller said she wasn't sure you can dress as a villain given the new guidelines. Anyway, to relieve my mind, I thought I'd ask.

I definitely saw adults dressed as villains and I also saw about 100 costumes that I would have though were against the new guidelines with large props and dresses that reached the ground, layered hoop skirts and the whole nine yards. I was there M-f so I saw party guests for 3 parties and every party seemed to have a lot of costumes that seemed as though they were beyond the guidelines an yet the only thing I saw confiscated or turned away was selfie sticks.

We saw two costumes that really caught our attention as to how they allowed them into the parks... one was a slutty marvel character... I think the girl thought she was going to a frat party with her friend dressed the same way... and an adult man dressed as Kylo Ren, full with mask... my daughter asked if she could go take a picture with him until we told him that he was not the real one but a party go-er. There was another one that was full on dressed with a cape and a mask that fully covered his face and I was pretty certain he was over the age of 12...

We also saw more than a few masked adults and even my 13 year old mentioned that some of the ladies were dress entirely too revealing for Disney. He leaned over to me at one point and said "Wow I didn't know this was Mickey's not too slutty halloween party" and then I had to give him a warning about his language-even if he was a bit right.

But he always notices when something of questionable appropriateness happens. His first words after watching "Elf the Musical" in San Francisco when he was 10-mom they said like 2 bad words in that show and they didnt even bleep them out. Don't they know kids come to this show?

Some thoughts from the 10/7 party:

Really fun! Way better than the old parties at DCA. Sad that we didn't catch Jack and Sally (with a 4 year old in tow, spending over an hour in that line knowing we wouldn't make it to midnight anyway was just too much.) But the line for Tigger and Rabbit was super short in critter country. The treat trails were great (the ones through the Golden Horesehoe and Star Wars were excellent). Really enjoyed being able to get on rides (vs the old DCA version). Parade was really good, and a really good length; same for the fireworks.

Only major disappointment was the MHP party exclusive ornament was already totally sold out. Seems like that went extremely early. I did get one of the t-shirts, though.

Really fun! Way better than the old parties at DCA. Sad that we didn't catch Jack and Sally (with a 4 year old in tow, spending over an hour in that line knowing we wouldn't make it to midnight anyway was just too much.) But the line for Tigger and Rabbit was super short in critter country. The treat trails were great (the ones through the Golden Horesehoe and Star Wars were excellent). Really enjoyed being able to get on rides (vs the old DCA version). Parade was really good, and a really good length; same for the fireworks.

Only major disappointment was the MHP party exclusive ornament was already totally sold out. Seems like that went extremely early. I did get one of the t-shirts, though.

Thanks for your updates! I kinda want one of those ornaments, I'll have to look early. And I'll make a note to be sure we hit up Golden Horseshoe & Star Wars Launch Bay.

According to the cast members we talked to (which included a supervisor), the ornaments are gone entirely. Which shocks me, as they're not even half way through party season. The first two we talked to didn't even know they existed; I had to pull up the Parks Blog and show them the picture.

According to the cast members we talked to (which included a supervisor), the ornaments are gone entirely. Which shocks me, as they're not even half way through party season. The first two we talked to didn't even know they existed; I had to pull up the Parks Blog and show them the picture.

How frustrating! I mean the merch update just came in my October Passholder email today and they are sold out. Sad.

How frustrating! I mean the merch update just came in my October Passholder email today and they are sold out. Sad.

Indeed. The one thing we've gotten from every Disney trip is an ornamnet, and I was hoping to get the party one this time around.

Sold out merch was a drawback for me too. I never did find the poison apple mug (did luck out on the mickey popcorn bucket though) and to my knowledge (and my chagrin because I never stopped asking and looking) they never did restock it. How can they sell out of halloween themed merch before October even starts? That is totally poor planning.

Sold out merch was a drawback for me too. I never did find the poison apple mug (did luck out on the mickey popcorn bucket though) and to my knowledge (and my chagrin because I never stopped asking and looking) they never did restock it. How can they sell out of halloween themed merch before October even starts? That is totally poor planning.
And it happens every year! >:(

One more sleep and I was so excited last night I didn't fall asleep until 1:30 and had to be up for work in less than 5 hours...still have to work tomorrow--will have suitcases in my car and I'm heading straight to the airport.

One more sleep and I was so excited last night I didn't fall asleep until 1:30 and had to be up for work in less than 5 hours...still have to work tomorrow--will have suitcases in my car and I'm heading straight to the airport.

See I'm so tired I put this in the wrong thread---I meant to put it in the October one :)

I highly suggest taking a melatonin or some NyQuil or something to help you sleep. I only got about 3 hours the night before our trip and I never felt like I got caught up on sleep through the whole trip (the rope drop mornings didnt help). That little bit of fatigue continually slowing me down was a bit of a bummer. DO what you gotta do and get some sleep tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter