Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
9/22 just sold out too, which is unfortunate, because that was my plan B. I was going to book it last night, but I figured I'd follow that cast member I talked to advice about waiting a few days and trying again
I would definitely call and try to buy the tickets since if it just sold out if you can. It's your best chance of getting the ticket.

I already did, they were completely out. Oh well, I'm just going to call it $200 saved. Maybe I'll splurge on park hoppers or something instead
If you know someone local, see if they can ask for you at the ticket booths. Sometimes there are still tickets available at the booths, too, after they sell out online.
As for more tickets becoming available, I wouldn't necessarily think that Disney will add more tickets, but that these might be comp tickets that weren't used and now will be sold instead.

Finally decided to go for it with the 10/6 party....I'd kick myself if it sold out while I was still fence sitting and its really the only one that we could possible go to.

Haven't been to the Halloween party in like 6 or 7 years but I love Villains and I love WoC so really wanted to catch the new show. Kids are super excited about the DescenDANCE party too. Time to think about costumes....

So, I see on the calendar that MSEP is shutting end of Sept, any word on what parades they are doing the rest of Halloween time?

BTW I also called about Fantasmic dining today, she said they are 21 days behind, and to keep watching the calendar, and when the date loads with park hours the things like Fantasmic dining will be bookable. I said, ummm, you all know it’s gonna be busy, and probably 8 am to midnight park hours... she laughed and said, yep!

Never been to a Halloween party before at Disneyland and the only one we can attend is the very first one so I have no idea what to expect since I see this is the first year for it to be held at DCA. Question - during the party where might they show the Halloween Fireworks?

Never been to a Halloween party before at Disneyland and the only one we can attend is the very first one so I have no idea what to expect since I see this is the first year for it to be held at DCA. Question - during the party where might they show the Halloween Fireworks?

There won't be fireworks specific to the parties this year. Fireworks probably will be Fri/Sat/Sun nights, but in their normal spot over at Disneyland. Specific for the party they are doing a Halloween World of Color show.

Oh oh. Darn. We were supposed to leave the morning of September 17th. Then we found out there would be no fireworks the entire time we are there. So, we paid to have our flights changed and are staying one extra day and bought tickets for the Halloween party just so my daughter would get to see fireworks. She is not going to be impressed with this Momma. Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row one wanders off....

Oh oh. Darn. We were supposed to leave the morning of September 17th. Then we found out there would be no fireworks the entire time we are there. So, we paid to have our flights changed and are staying one extra day and bought tickets for the Halloween party just so my daughter would get to see fireworks. She is not going to be impressed with this Momma. Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row one wanders off....

Which days are you going to be there?

She should enjoy the Halloween party though! World of Color is one heck of a show and sounds like it'll be great for Halloween, hopefully it's special enough that it makes up for the lack of fireworks!

We are going to be in Anaheim beginning on September 8th through to the 18th now. Before we planned our trip I had understood that fireworks were on the weekends in September but nothing is showing up in the calendars and I emailed Disney and was told no fireworks at all during that time.
I hope she does love the party because it cost a lot!! $100 each to change our flights, the price of the party ticket and an extra night at the hotel (and the hotel is now charging twice as much per night as when we originally booked). At least our first 9 nights were at a good rate :)

I was just on a chat session with Disney and this cast member said there are definitely Halloween fireworks starting on September 6th for the weekends. He said it shows on the cast member calendar. Don't know why Disney would have given me an email stating there wouldn't be any. I'm HAPPY!!

We are going to be in Anaheim beginning on September 8th through to the 18th now. Before we planned our trip I had understood that fireworks were on the weekends in September but nothing is showing up in the calendars and I emailed Disney and was told no fireworks at all during that time.
I hope she does love the party because it cost a lot!! $100 each to change our flights, the price of the party ticket and an extra night at the hotel (and the hotel is now charging twice as much per night as when we originally booked). At least our first 9 nights were at a good rate :)

I would be very surprised if there are NO fireworks during September. All previous years that I can remember it’s been “off peak” fireworks which means Fri/Sat/Sun. They may get canceled before or even during due to wind speed or direction, which might happen more frequently during September/October due to changing seasons, but I’m fairly certain you guys will get to experience them!

I really fouled up... I had ordered tickets for the first day on Monday... or so I thought!... but realized I hadn't gotten a confirmation so when I saw it was sold out I went and logged back into my account and saw the tickets were still in my cart, yikes! Not sure what I did and of course when I tried to complete the purchase the tickets were removed. The really sad part is I had spent a couple weeks talking my family into it and then told them I got the tickets and oh boy is it a sad day today. Now my family doesn't even want to go at all, crazy. I feel so bad... can't believe I messed that up, if only I hadn't been so convincing - when I first mentioned it they all thought it sounded not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!