Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance - I've never seen Halloween Screams, or done a Fantasmic! dining package -

We're in the parks the first weekend of Oct, Friday and Saturday (party Sunday). We'd like to do Fantasmic with a BB dining package (I see those aren't listed to reserve yet) and Halloween Screams the same night, because we want to do regular WOC the other night. Is it important to be on Main Street for that particular fireworks show? It seems that you can't pick early or late Fantasmic! showing with the dining package, so we might be stuck with the earlier show and sticking around to view the fireworks from the ROA. Would that be ok? I'd rather do the fireworks and then the late Fantasmic! showing, but looks like maybe we won't have a choice. I'd love if someone could help clarify my confusion!

I’m on a Facebook group for Passholders. someone posted a picture of new Halloween merchandise at the parks!! Yay!! There’s new ears, a new spirit jersey, and a backpack. Be on the lookout for these items to go online if you aren’t able to get to the parks. They sell fast!

Edit to add: Sabrina lizette, who is a Disney blogger has a ton of pictures on her instagram of all the new merchandise !
That backpack is seriously cute!

... Is it important to be on Main Street for that particular fireworks show? It seems that you can't pick early or late Fantasmic! showing with the dining package, so we might be stuck with the earlier show and sticking around to view the fireworks from the ROA. Would that be ok? I'd rather do the fireworks and then the late Fantasmic! showing, but looks like maybe we won't have a choice. I'd love if someone could help clarify my confusion!
First of all, usually (unless the dining packages are sold out for some reason, e.g. July 4th first show this year) you are allowed to request which F! show you would like to see -- just ask your server. We've been able to do this (ask for FPs for the second show when we had a reservation for the first show) many times without any trouble. But just be aware that it may not always be possible.
Second, if at all possible, try to see Halloween Screams from Main Street or the Hub area. You will want to be in a spot where you will have a clear view of the castle (not blocked by trees), especially the left side above the castle (where the Jack globe will rise) and the area above the castle on the right where Zero will fly (which is where Tinkerbell flies, if you've ever seen any other fireworks shows at DL). It is worth investing the time for a good spot to see this show! Second choice for us is viewing by IASW. The projections will be shown on the building facade. If you don't mind spoilers, look for a good YouTube video of Halloween Screams at the castle and at IASW just for comparison of the views so you'll have an idea of what you'll be looking at/for.

Do you think Halloween Screams will run during the weekend after halloween / dapper day weekend (Nov. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)?

Sat, Nov 2nd is Día de Muertos so they might keep some Halloween stuff up to celebrate, otherwise, I think they will be switching things fast.

Sat, Nov 2nd is Día de Muertos so they might keep some Halloween stuff up to celebrate, otherwise, I think they will be switching things fast.
That's a good point; they did keep the Día de los Muertos displays up through November 2 last year (according to the Parks Blog).

Forgive my ignorance - I've never seen Halloween Screams, or done a Fantasmic! dining package -

We're in the parks the first weekend of Oct, Friday and Saturday (party Sunday). We'd like to do Fantasmic with a BB dining package (I see those aren't listed to reserve yet) and Halloween Screams the same night, because we want to do regular WOC the other night. Is it important to be on Main Street for that particular fireworks show? It seems that you can't pick early or late Fantasmic! showing with the dining package, so we might be stuck with the earlier show and sticking around to view the fireworks from the ROA. Would that be ok? I'd rather do the fireworks and then the late Fantasmic! showing, but looks like maybe we won't have a choice. I'd love if someone could help clarify my confusion!
As theluckyrabbit said, Halloween Screams is best viewed from Main Street because of the non-fireworks effects. The main one (to me) is seeing Zero. The orb is used for projections and those projections are replicated, along with a digital image of Zero, on the mist screens in the F! viewing area.

Here's an example of the castle, the orb, and Zero (view is from the end of Main Street, just past the last building).

One of the fireworks sequences.

If you do opt to watch the fireworks from the F! viewing area, you'll want to try to move to place where you can see the mist screen and BTMRR in the same line of sight. Otherwise, the mist screen will be in one direction and fireworks in another. I've watched regular fireworks from over near Cafe Orleans/French Market area and that view was pretty good for seeing the mist screen and fireworks (but you won't really be able to see any of the fireworks shot from the castle - like the pinwheels).

Another blogger, Natasha’s magical life, shared on her Instagram that at world of Disney you can get a haunted mansion fanny pack for $25 with any purchase. Not sure how long that deal lasts though.

I had pretty much the same question except my reservation is for RBT on the 6th, the first night they may do the fireworks....what time do the fireworks usually start? I definitely want to see fantasmic but don’t want to miss fireworks either because we will be leaving on the 7th and Halloween is my favorite time of the year at the parks!!!! This is my first visit. We are WDW pass holders and I’m excited to DL but don’t have that much time! Any advice for me?

That's a good point; they did keep the Día de los Muertos displays up through November 2 last year (according to the Parks Blog).

As theluckyrabbit said, Halloween Screams is best viewed from Main Street because of the non-fireworks effects. The main one (to me) is seeing Zero. The orb is used for projections and those projections are replicated, along with a digital image of Zero, on the mist screens in the F! viewing area.

Here's an example of the castle, the orb, and Zero (view is from the end of Main Street, just past the last building).
View attachment 425397

View attachment 425400

If you do opt to watch the fireworks from the F! viewing area, you'll want to try to move to place where you can see the mist screen and BTMRR in the same line of sight. Otherwise, the mist screen will be in one direction and fireworks in another. I've watched regular fireworks from over near Cafe Orleans/French Market area and that view was pretty good for seeing the mist screen and fireworks (but you won't really be able to see any of the fireworks shot from the castle - like the pinwheels).

What time do they start GotG Monsters After Dark? We are going mid October.
I think it started around 5:00 pm last year, but I don't recall for sure.

I had pretty much the same question except my reservation is for RBT on the 6th, the first night they may do the fireworks....what time do the fireworks usually start?
Lately fireworks have been around 9:30 pm, but they haven't posted the schedule after HalloweenTime starts yet.

First of all, usually (unless the dining packages are sold out for some reason, e.g. July 4th first show this year) you are allowed to request which F! show you would like to see -- just ask your server. We've been able to do this (ask for FPs for the second show when we had a reservation for the first show) many times without any trouble. But just be aware that it may not always be possible.
Second, if at all possible, try to see Halloween Screams from Main Street or the Hub area. You will want to be in a spot where you will have a clear view of the castle (not blocked by trees), especially the left side above the castle (where the Jack globe will rise) and the area above the castle on the right where Zero will fly (which is where Tinkerbell flies, if you've ever seen any other fireworks shows at DL). It is worth investing the time for a good spot to see this show! Second choice for us is viewing by IASW. The projections will be shown on the building facade. If you don't mind spoilers, look for a good YouTube video of Halloween Screams at the castle and at IASW just for comparison of the views so you'll have an idea of what you'll be looking at/for.

Thank you! That's good to know. I wish they'd just let you request the F! showing when you make the reservation! Sounds like we really can't be totally guaranteed the later show. Does it matter whether we do lunch/dinner? Or how late the reservation is?

View attachment 425397

View attachment 425400

This is very helpful, thank you! We like to avoid spoiler videos, but I do appreciate the images so I have a better idea of what we'd want to be in the hub/MS area to see.

We're probably trying to do too much I guess; I'm just really hoping to fit Fantasmic!/fireworks/original WOC into 2 nights. I love the original WOC too much to just see the party version.

So - I'm guessing at this point I need to stop holding out hope for a dessert party for the Halloween WoC? :sad:

People here have posted that they called Disney and were told that there would be no Dessert Parties for "Villanous."

I saw that and was holding out hope that Disney wouldn't leave money on the table by not offering Dessert Parties, but I guess I'll set my expectations better next time.

Oh well.

I saw that and was holding out hope that Disney wouldn't leave money on the table by not offering Dessert Parties, but I guess I'll set my expectations better next time.

Oh well.
We were hoping, too -- at least for a Dining Package at CCR -- how could Disney not want our money?? But I do wonder if there will be more offerings next year based on how well (= profitable) things are this year.

We were hoping, too -- at least for a Dining Package at CCR -- how could Disney not want our money?? But I do wonder if there will be more offerings next year based on how well (= profitable) things are this year.

It's something they are already used to offering nightly ... and I didn't even think about Dining Package - with preferred viewing of the parade or Villanous? Yeah, it's definitely not like Disney to not take this kinda money from us ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter