Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone last year posted a pic of someone dressed as Pennywise. That would've scared me if I saw it lol
I appreciate the wholesome atmosphere of the Halloween parties. I enjoyed going to Hollywood Horror night last year, but I screamed the whole time lol. I don't have to scream at Disneyland lol.
I remember that photo -- and I remember someone posting that their little girl saw the photo and burst into tears on the spot! We like Halloween Time and the Disney parties for the fun scary vibe and leave the creepy, gory stuff to the other theme parks. If we scream at a Disney party, it's because we're having fun!

I remember that photo -- and I remember someone posting that their little girl saw the photo and burst into tears on the spot! We like Halloween Time and the Disney parties for the fun scary vibe and leave the creepy, gory stuff to the other theme parks. If we scream at a Disney party, it's because we're having fun!

I remember our shock when we went to our first Party in Paris - so many Horror Clowns and blood. They did a scary version of the party for a while in their Studios Park - funny enough with characters like Woody and Buzz - but when that died everyone came back for the "normal" party again.

I think that’s expected and honestly a good thing. Lower crowds and special events shouldn’t allow dining packages
But there was a dining package at Blue Bayou several years running for MHP at DL. It was hosted by Dr. Facilier, came with a generous sized bag of candy, a special gift, parade and fireworks viewing at the Hub. So people were expecting dining packages for this year's party at DCA and were willing to pay for the experience.

I think they only did the Dr. Facilier dining event one year (2015). They've a parade-only viewing package at the Blue Bayou in previous years, which included the bag of candy, a light-up lanyard, and the reserved viewing for the parade. Given that, I was also kind of expecting some type of parade or WoC viewing packages this year, but perhaps they decided that the parade route is long enough that reserved viewing isn't necessary and/or there wouldn't be enough demand to justify it. In terms of WoC, that one surprises me.

Does anyone know if they had out trick or treat bags to use or do you need to bring something? Do they frown upon adults trick or treating at all?
As othrs have said, they've provided bags in the past. It usually features the next up-coming animated movie release. The bags are not large (they're about 9” tall, by 7” wide, by 3” deep). Children and adults are both encouraged to trick-or-treat! My group of three adults ended up with over 11 pounds of candy last year!

So question for the party veterans: So as far as costumes go, do you see a lot of non Disney costumes or is everyone draped in Disney?
As others have said, you'll see a mixture of costumes, but I feel like they're more skewed towards Disney characters. Almost all of the costumes are family friendly, but there is usually at least one person wearing something that would be better suited for Universal or Knot's Berry Farm (if they allowed costumes). I think they're more noticeable because they look out-of-place.

Hi everyone! This will be my first trip to Disneyland but we are leaving on the 7th. What can I expect to see Halloween at the parks on the 6th? I know the website says it starts on the 6th. Will haunted mansion be open? I hate that we won’t be attending a party.
Yes, Haunted Mansion Holiday should be up and running on the 6th. The merchandise should also be available (it'll probably be released mid-to-late August). The HalloweenTime souvies and foods should also debut on the 6th. They've said that they'll present Halloween Screams as the fireworks show during HalloweenTime, so that should also debut on the 6th.

Last edited:

I’m on a Facebook group for Passholders. someone posted a picture of new Halloween merchandise at the parks!! Yay!! There’s new ears, a new spirit jersey, and a backpack. Be on the lookout for these items to go online if you aren’t able to get to the parks. They sell fast!

Edit to add: Sabrina lizette, who is a Disney blogger has a ton of pictures on her instagram of all the new merchandise !

Last edited:
I think they only did the Dr. Facilier dining event one year (2015). They've a parade-only viewing package at the Blue Bayou in previous years, which included the bag of candy, a light-up lanyard, and the reserved viewing for the parade. Given that, I was also kind of expecting some type of parade or WoC viewing packages this year, but perhaps they decided that the parade route is long enough that reserved viewing isn't necessary and/or there wouldn't be enough demand to justify it. In terms of WoC, that one surprises me.

As othrs have said, they've provided bags in the past. It usually features the next up-coming animated movie release. The bags are not large (they're about 9” tall, by 7” wide, by 3” deep). Children and adults are both encouraged to trick-or-treat! My group of three adults ended up with over 11 pounds of candy last year!

As others have said, you'll see a mixture of costumes, but I feel like they're more skewed towards Disney characters. Almost all of the costumes are family friendly, but there is usually at least one person wearing something that would be better suited for Universal or Knot's Berry Farm (if they allowed costumes). I think they're more noticeable because they look out-of-place.

Yes, Haunted Mansion Holiday should be up and running on the 6th. The merchandise should also be available (it'll probably be released mid-to-late August). The HalloweenTime souvies and foods should also debut on the 6th. They've said that they'll present Halloween Screams as the fireworks show during HalloweenTime, so that should also debut on the 6th.
For Halloween Screams- are you thinking Friday and Saturday nights or just Saturday?

For Halloween Screams- are you thinking Friday and Saturday nights or just Saturday?
My guess is Fri, Sat, and Sun. That would be generally consistent with when fireworks are presented during non-peak season.

Be on the lookout for these items to go online if you aren’t able to get to the parks. They sell fast!
Agreed, but one caveat. When you're ordering online make sure to double check to see if the park branded merchandise says "Disneyland Resort" or "Walt Disney World" on it. Lately both resorts have the same design, but Shop Disney seems to have WDW stuff more often.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it looks like another date sold out - September 19th.

What is the likelihood of seeing halloween decorations up in Disneyland and the hotels on November 1st? We'll be going to the halloween party on October 31st and I would really love to see Disneyland's decorations but hopping between the parks on party day seems like it will be a hassle. We'll be checking into the Grand Californian on Nov. 1st and I really hope the halloween display is still up!

My guess is Fri, Sat, and Sun. That would be generally consistent with when fireworks are presented during non-peak season.

Agreed, but one caveat. When you're ordering online make sure to double check to see if the park branded merchandise says "Disneyland Resort" or "Walt Disney World" on it. Lately both resorts have the same design, but Shop Disney seems to have WDW stuff more often.

Do you think Halloween Screams will run during the weekend after halloween / dapper day weekend (Nov. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)?

Do you think Halloween Screams will run during the weekend after halloween / dapper day weekend (Nov. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)?
I doubt it as they start removing anything Halloween related the day after Halloween accept for the Nightmare before Xmas as that stays up until New Years.

What is the likelihood of seeing halloween decorations up in Disneyland and the hotels on November 1st? We'll be going to the halloween party on October 31st and I would really love to see Disneyland's decorations but hopping between the parks on party day seems like it will be a hassle. We'll be checking into the Grand Californian on Nov. 1st and I really hope the halloween display is still up!
It was still up last year but by the time we checked out on the 4th it was gone. I'm not sure what day they removed it but I believe it was right after the 1st.

That's a good question. If I had to guess, I would say probably not. HalloweenTime ends on 10/31, so I'd guess that might be last night when Halloween Screams is presented (assuming they'd present it on a Thu). They will probably have fireworks on 11/1-3, but it might be something like Mix Magic or maybe Disneyland Forever (the show that's being presented now) or they might just roll into the Holiday show (given that the holiday season starts on 11/8).

I’m on a Facebook group for Passholders. someone posted a picture of new Halloween merchandise at the parks!! Yay!! There’s new ears, a new spirit jersey, and a backpack. Be on the lookout for these items to go online if you aren’t able to get to the parks. They sell fast!

Edit to add: Sabrina lizette, who is a Disney blogger has a ton of pictures on her instagram of all the new merchandise !

WOW! Thanks for that...tons of new stuff!!

Can you please post a link or repost the pictures?

Can you please post a link or repost the pictures?
What I did - google that person's name and the word "Instagram". Once on her page click on the pics, and click arrows to see more in that series.
I know the pictures were already posted but here is the link to her Instagram. She goes a lot so I am sure she will post on her story when she tries food or sees decorations.
https://instagram.com/sabrinalizette_?igshid=166fids5ycmtd

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter