Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this will be a problem as long as this is not an issue of re-selling or transferring the ticket. Disney understands that things like this happen in life. Just make sure that the person who goes through the gate with the ticket is the person whose name ends up on the ticket. You can always call Disney just to double check on this -- I think Guest Services might be able to change the name on the ticket or in the app for you once you know for certain who will be using the ticket. If you find out anything that differs from this information, please update here!
great thanks.. I'll know for sure if they end up not coming and ill call in at that point and let everyone know what they say.

So, because Disneyland is basically in a neighborhood, my guess is they will do the laser version of Halloween screams on weekday nights... probably around 9:30. And Fri-Sunday night will have the pyrotechnics... during the regular course of the year, they only do fireworks nightly during the busiest times. And now that they have figured out the projections and lasers can opt to do those on weeknights and be quieter for the surrounding area. We also saw the laser version last year because it was just dumping rain on our MHP nite.

Thank you! Just what I needed to know!!

Thought there was a special Halloween event that you bought separate tix for Disneyland. I looked at the website and it sound like there is something being advertised for California Adventures. Huh????

Anyone know anything about this? Was considering going this fall!

Jenn

Thought there was a special Halloween event that you bought separate tix for Disneyland. I looked at the website and it sound like there is something being advertised for California Adventures. Huh????

Jenn
Yes, the Halloween Party is at California Adventure this year. Go to page 3 and find the thread that starts "Halloween Time Superthread..." for more info on the party and other goings-on.

Jenn

This year Disney has made the switch from DL to DCA for the Halloween Parties.

The Halloween Time Superthread 2019 will have lot of information.

Along with the details on the Disney website for the Oogie Boogie Bash.

So far only one night has been sold out. If you go to the Disney website link you will see the calendar for purchasing tickets.
The days are Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Party tickets range from $110 to $145 depending on the date you choose.

For this year you can find information at 2019 Calendar of Events & School post #3.
If you would like an idea of when tickets sold out last year check out the 2018 Calendar of Events & School post #3.

Geemo

Jenn
Yes, the Halloween Party is at California Adventure this year. Go to page 3 and find the thread that starts "Halloween Time Superthread..." for more info on the party and other goings-on.
OP's question has been moved to the Halloween Time Superthread. No need to look on page 3 now!

I'm trying to figure out my costume. I'm thinking about going as Bo Peep, but her outfit from Toy Story 4, not the older ones. I already have her pink bow, and the Toy Story Dooney. I just need to find a pink belt, and maybe some shoes...hmmm...

I'm trying to figure out my costume. I'm thinking about going as Bo Peep, but her outfit from Toy Story 4, not the older ones. I already have her pink bow, and the Toy Story Dooney. I just need to find a pink belt, and maybe some shoes...hmmm...
Fun! I love Bo's new look. I bet one of those retro elastic belts would work well.

I am still trying to decide between just a Halloween themed t-shirt and some sort of Disney bounding. My little will be dressed as Maleficent, so I feel like I should do something to match her.

Last edited:
Fun! I love Bo's new look. I bet one of those retro elastic belts would work well.

I am still trying to decide between just a Halloween themed t-shirt and some sort of Disney bounding. My little we be dressed as Maleficent, so I feel like I should do something to match her.
You should bound as briar rose!

You should bound as briar rose!
Oooh! Good idea!!! I'm going go look at Pinterest for ideas!

Interesting - I've never heard the word "bound"/"bounding" used in relation to dressing up in costume. Is this a west coast thing?

I don't know if it's a west coast thing. I was only introduced to it as a concept a few years ago. I have a Snow White bounding outfit I wear at work for Halloween, we walk over to the Children's Hospital and hand out candy. It's a yellow dress, blue sweater, red shoes and red bow. You get the idea that I'm Snow but I'm not in a huge dress.

I don't know if it's a west coast thing. I was only introduced to it as a concept a few years ago. I have a Snow White bounding outfit I wear at work for Halloween, we walk over to the Children's Hospital and hand out candy. It's a yellow dress, blue sweater, red shoes and red bow. You get the idea that I'm Snow but I'm not in a huge dress.

So does bounding have s spev

I just did a Google search and found that bounding is synonymous with cosplaying, which I guess is pretty much synonymous with dressing in costume. Would you say that's correct? I'm in NY, and that is not a term I've ever heard!

Interesting - I've never heard the word "bound"/"bounding" used in relation to dressing up in costume. Is this a west coast thing?
I don't think it's a west coast thing because I've seen guests Disney-Bounding at WDW. It's been a while, but I recall seeing articles about it online. Bounding isn't dressing up in a costume per-se. It's wearing every day clothing that, when put together, invokes the look of a character. Disney has even been posting some ideas on their "Oh My Disney" website.

It might be that "bounding" and "Disney-bounding" have two slightly different meanings. I tend to think of cosplay in terms of anime/Comic Con style conventions, where people make their own costumes and attempt to look as close to the character as possible. Whereas, Disney-bounding means to remind people of the character, but the outfit is not meant to be an exact replica of the one worn by a character.

Last edited:
So does bounding have s spev

I just did a Google search and found that bounding is synonymous with cosplaying, which I guess is pretty much synonymous with dressing in costume. Would you say that's correct? I'm in NY, and that is not a term I've ever heard!

Yeah, I guess I do see it used a lot in Cosplay conversations, so that makes sense. I've never done any bounding other than Disney but I suppose it applies to anything. Pinterest is FULL of ideas!

I don't think it's a west coast thing because I've seen guests Disney-Bounding at WDW. It's been a while, but I recall seeing articles about it online. Bounding isn't dressing up in a costume per-se. It's wearing every day clothing that, when put together, invokes the look of a character. Disney has even been posting some ideas on their "Oh My Disney" website.

It might be that "bounding" and "Disney-bounding" have two slightly different meanings. I tend to think of cosplay in terms of anime/Comic Con style conventions, where people make their own costumes and attempt to look as close to the character as possible. Whereas, Disney-bounding means to remind people of the character, but the outfit is not meant to be an exact replica of the one worn by a character.

Oh wow, thanks! I must live under a rock and don't even know it!

Yeah, I guess I do see it used a lot in Cosplay conversations, so that makes sense. I've never done any bounding other than Disney but I suppose it applies to anything. Pinterest is FULL of ideas!

Thanks. I'm going to have a look!

I think one of the motivations for Disney bounding has been that, aside from the Halloween party, the parks prohibit visitors over 14 to come in full costume (to make sure nobody mistakes them for cast members). Bounding allows adults to dress up, be playful, and give a nod to favorite characters without violating that policy.

I never heard of it until I got a pass and started going to the parks all the time. Every time I go I’ve seen people bounding. I feel like it’s also a way for adults to dress in “costume”, since you aren’t allowed to wear one unless it’s the Halloween party.

I went as Briar Rose a few years ago! Pretty easy.
E4BD5B34-C9AE-4A83-A84B-A253D1A47D20.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter