Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the parties all falling on school nights this year, they may not sell too many parties out. Halloween will for sure and probably the Sunday before but other than that I'd say its a gamble. But as someone who is going I love the idea of parties not selling out. I hope the place is dead when we go!

With the parties all falling on school nights this year, they may not sell too many parties out. Halloween will for sure and probably the Sunday before but other than that I'd say its a gamble. But as someone who is going I love the idea of parties not selling out. I hope the place is dead when we go!

Me too!!! I’m so excited it’s being moved to DCA and for the new Oogie Boogie theme! In fact that’s the only reason we are making a trip out this year.

There may not be as many attractions but I think that DCA has way better decor than most places in DL (HELLO Cars Land!!) and there’s more space to move/walk around. We don’t really care about the nighttime entertainment in either park so for us we are paying for the atmosphere, short lines, costumes, and treats!

I’m excited to see if there will be a pre-party and and party exclusive merch/treats!

Me too!!! I’m so excited it’s being moved to DCA and for the new Oogie Boogie theme! In fact that’s the only reason we are making a trip out this year.

There may not be as many attractions but I think that DCA has way better decor than most places in DL (HELLO Cars Land!!) and there’s more space to move/walk around. We don’t really care about the nighttime entertainment in either park so for us we are paying for the atmosphere, short lines, costumes, and treats!

I’m excited to see if there will be a pre-party and and party exclusive merch/treats!

Us too - not really into the nighttime stuff, but the rest sounds great! I'm getting more and more excited about going even though initially we only decided to attend because we were going to be there anyway.

Disneyland usually starts giving out info on the Halloween treats in late August so we are two months away from treat info. Halloween has the most amazing treats of the entire year. I can't wait!! I love the pumpkin bread pudding at the Wharf. I love pretty much anything pumpkin !! Hopefully Flo's brings back the arachnoid chicken pot pie this year. They had it in 2017 but didn't have it last year. It is fantastic.

As OP said, this is the reason we haven’t bought tickets (and maybe for other families too, thus no sell-outs yet): For folks who fly in and have kids who can’t miss a school day, the parties this year are impossible since they are all on school nights. I wish we could go, but no matter what flights we take, they will miss a Monday school morning to come back after the Sunday party, or will miss an entire day if we did the Thursday night party. Blah.

As OP said, this is the reason we haven’t bought tickets (and maybe for other families too, thus no sell-outs yet): For folks who fly in and have kids who can’t miss a school day, the parties this year are impossible since they are all on school nights. I wish we could go, but no matter what flights we take, they will miss a Monday school morning to come back after the Sunday party, or will miss an entire day if we did the Thursday night party. Blah.

My kids miss a week of school every October for Disneyland Halloween. LOL, its kind of a joke with the school now cause we've been doing it so long (one kids in 4th and the other in 9th have both gone to same elementary since kinder)... so now its like "oh, September is almost over, the King kids will probably be sick next week" :)

I'm a teacher, so the only reason we can go is because my district is giving us a 4 day weekend in October. It's kind of common practice in my area of CA for schools/districts to do something in October - a random day off attached to a weekend, a 4 day weekend, or sometimes even an entire week for "fall break." I'm grateful for it, for sure.

That said, I agree that it's irritating that Disney has none of these on weekend nights, and is therefore primarily only catering to locals and those willing to pull their kids out.

On the surface I'd say you have a good shot at it being dead! Tickets starting at $110 for the general public with no access to Disneyland Park... Don't think Disney is going to have a demand problem with this year's party. As such I hope all of you going get to enjoy a dead park!! (I just now see the pun and I love it!)

That said, I agree that it's irritating that Disney has none of these on weekend nights, and is therefore primarily only catering to locals and those willing to pull their kids out.
Respectfully disagree. The whole month of Oct is known to be very busy at Disneyland both weekdays and weekends since Fall Breaks have increased in popularity across the country. Tons of people will be able to attend Sun/Tues/Thurs party without living locally or pulling their kids out of school because of their Fall Breaks. Whether they chose to attend the party is another matter...

Respectfully disagree. The whole month of Oct is known to be very busy at Disneyland both weekdays and weekends since Fall Breaks have increased in popularity across the country. Tons of people will be able to attend Sun/Tues/Thurs party without living locally or pulling their kids out of school because of their Fall Breaks. Whether they chose to attend the party is another matter...
I agree, it will be busy. At this point we are planning to be in DL instead of going to a Sunday night party. The inspiration for us to go in September is HMH and its in DL where the party is not. I wish we would have been there one of the years when both parks were included in the party.

I agree, it will be busy. At this point we are planning to be in DL instead of going to a Sunday night party. The inspiration for us to go in September is HMH and its in DL where the party is not. I wish we would have been there one of the years when both parks were included in the party.
TBH DCA was crazy for the cross-over hours anyway. HMH is SO cool!!!

I'm a teacher, so the only reason we can go is because my district is giving us a 4 day weekend in October. It's kind of common practice in my area of CA for schools/districts to do something in October - a random day off attached to a weekend, a 4 day weekend, or sometimes even an entire week for "fall break." I'm grateful for it, for sure.

My school district this year decided to schedule a fall break the first week of October. Which I'm not too upset about (some people are :rolleyes:) except that we scheduled our October trip for the weekend after and planned to have the kids miss two days of school! I'm holding off on buying party tickets until we figure out if we're going to change our dates or not.

Halloween screams is going nightly with fireworks on select nights.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...neyland-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q4wo0704190025A

Interesting, I figure fireworks will only be Fri-Sun nights since it’s “off season”? That work for me, but I think my friend is flying in a day later for me (Mon-Thur, Tue Party) so she’ll probably miss the fireworks... I’ll be rather annoyed if they decide to do it on party nights or something.

What’s the show like without the fireworks? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it without fireworks... where does it take place?

Interesting, I figure fireworks will only be Fri-Sun nights since it’s “off season”? That work for me, but I think my friend is flying in a day later for me (Mon-Thur, Tue Party) so she’ll probably miss the fireworks... I’ll be rather annoyed if they decide to do it on party nights or something.

What’s the show like without the fireworks? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it without fireworks... where does it take place?
It’s projections in the usual spots so Main Street, rivers of America, the castle and small world. They were already doing this last year on party nights they weren’t able to launch the fireworks.

Halloween Screams without fireworks sounds interesting (although, I'd always rather see the show with fireworks!). I'm glad that they'll be presenting the show (it's my favorite)!

Ugh I’m starting to get tempted to buy tickets! If I do decide to go, I’ll just go the first party in September when it’s cheapest. I’m going to be out of town in October, and a few weekends I’ll be busy doing stuff outside of Disney. Going to the party might be my only way to do something Halloween related at the parks....decisions decisions...

With the crowds at Oogie Boogie’s do you guys think it is worth it to do the WoC Dessert Party the night of the party or better to do it a night with out OBB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter