Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all the WOC shows going to be Halloween version? I am going to book a dessert party on a non Oogie Boogie Bash night if it will be a Halloween show.

The spirit jars must already be sold out because I don’t see them now 😭

Are they still in the parks?

Regarding characters: Jack and Sally start an hour after park opening, at least that's what I was told this morning. Frollo was on the app for my Android, but not for iPhone. Maleficent is really a bit crazy, she even had 2 security guards when I found her today. I also walked into Caotain Phasma which delighted me almost more.

The ghosts are definitely only on Friday to Monday. Checked both Wednesday and Thursday and nothing. They came out closer to 6 pm yesterday and today because 'it wasn't dark enough for the seance to commence' earlier. Yesterday were Constance and Sally, today Sally and Hitchhiking Ghosts. Lines for the Ghosts were crazy. They were basically begging people to go and see Sally.

As for random sightings, Foulfellow has been out and about. Gideon was at Plaza yesterday.

I think I remember reading here that safety pins were not allowed on costumes. Do I remember that correctly? Currently, there is one safety pin on our costumes, holding on a badge. I suppose I could fabric glue the badge on, but that is more permanent and I was trying to avoid that. Anyone with accurate insight into this? :thanks:

Warning: spicy. Really spicy. I was complaining 2 hours later about my burning mouth, and at that point had eaten several dairy products to try and get relief.
I think your batch was very different than the ones we got, then. We had several people trying them and no one mentioned that they were spicy! My husband has also gotten them on a separate occasion and says they weren’t spicy. I wonder if something was wrong with yours...

On the Disneyl blog page they mention they'll have trick or treat on certain afternoons at each of the hotels for hotel guests so maybe you can register for that here's the info (On select afternoons in October, overnight guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are invited to enjoy exclusive, complimentary trick-or-treat festivities. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, the Disneyland Hotel, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will have a treat map of locations, so little ghosts and goblins (and their parents) can visit all three hotels. Hotel guests are encouraged to sign up at the Guest Services desk upon check-in.) There's this also, free, And experience what it might have been like to be a Disney Ink & Paint artist! During select days this Halloween season, join us as you paint Ursula or Captain Hook and learn about the history on the Disney hand-drawn animation cel process. This complimentary, one-hour class at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is for guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and is recommended for ages 6 and older. Supplies are provided; space is limited and registration is required.
I've been following the Disney blog page for weeks now leading up to our trip to get the latest info. Hope this helps.

On the Disneyl blog page they mention they'll have trick or treat on certain afternoons at each of the hotels for hotel guests so maybe you can register for that here's the info (On select afternoons in October, overnight guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are invited to enjoy exclusive, complimentary trick-or-treat festivities. Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, the Disneyland Hotel, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will have a treat map of locations, so little ghosts and goblins (and their parents) can visit all three hotels. Hotel guests are encouraged to sign up at the Guest Services desk upon check-in.) There's this also, free, And experience what it might have been like to be a Disney Ink & Paint artist! During select days this Halloween season, join us as you paint Ursula or Captain Hook and learn about the history on the Disney hand-drawn animation cel process. This complimentary, one-hour class at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel is for guests of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort and is recommended for ages 6 and older. Supplies are provided; space is limited and registration is required.
I've been following the Disney blog page for weeks now leading up to our trip to get the latest info. Hope this helps.
Great ideas! Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for sharing. I hope others will update with more info. I'd love to know which afternoons they are having trick-or-treating.

I think I remember reading here that safety pins were not allowed on costumes. Do I remember that correctly? Currently, there is one safety pin on our costumes, holding on a badge. I suppose I could fabric glue the badge on, but that is more permanent and I was trying to avoid that. Anyone with accurate insight into this? :thanks:
Where did you read that? We've had safety pins somewhere or other on just about every costume we've worn to just about every party! The pins were hidden, but never caused any trouble. And I always bring in my "emergency repair kit" (safety pins, double sided tape, band aids, etc.), and security has never had any issues with that. How large is your safety pin? Unless it is unusually large or scary looking (could it be used as a weapon?), I doubt anyone will even notice it.

For anyone looking for AP Corner and the Halloween Time AP gift: the Expo Center is inside Launch Bay. The line was pretty long this afternoon, so if the line is outside the building -- grab a snack and budget the time into your schedule.

You can use Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over to temporarily apply the patch. I suggest you try using this on a rag first to get the thickness of glue needed. I had to water it down a little bit so I could remove the patch I put on.

I’ve never heard that, and we use tons of safety pins to put light strands on costumes every time we watch the Electric Parade or PTN (RIP). I can’t imagine it being an issue... maybe it sets off the metal detectors? I’d just keep it in your bag and attach the badge when you get through security to prevent that.

Today:
Didn’t try the fries at galactic grill. I was kind of full after eating at rancho del zocalo.

What I did try:
Pumpkin ale from the Hollywood lounge. Pretty good. You can taste the pumpkin in it.
Random thoughts:
  • the AP corner line is all kinds of crazy. I arrived at 11am and the line was 2 hours long!!! Decided to come back on my way out. Line was still an hour at 4 pm. Didn’t not want to wait in that. I heard from gothic Rosie that they are now doing DAS return times for it because the line is so bad. If you go, be prepared to wait.
  • Line for jack and sally was about 20 minutes.
  • Maleficent wasn’t out today :( I got a picture with the queen of hearts though!
  • Saw honest John? I think that’s his name
  • Merchandise: there are still plenty of popcorn buckets and jack sippers around. I think the spirit jerseys are low on stock
  • The line and mobile ordering for mint julep bar was also crazy. I was going to order beignets but it the return time for the mobile ordering was far out, and I had to go to the other side of the park. The line was also very long, so I will get beignets another day.

I think your batch was very different than the ones we got, then. We had several people trying them and no one mentioned that they were spicy! My husband has also gotten them on a separate occasion and says they weren’t spicy. I wonder if something was wrong with yours...

Got there straight when lunch opened. My friend who hates spicy took one bite and was 'no' immediately. I continued and suffered. Lol

For anyone looking for AP Corner and the Halloween Time AP gift: the Expo Center is inside Launch Bay. The line was pretty long this afternoon, so if the line is outside the building -- grab a snack and budget the time into your schedule.

Was there yesterday, and I didn't realize how much of the line is inside the Launch Bay - there's a fair amount inside the building before you go upstairs. So when I saw a line outside that looked short, I thought I was lucky... but ended up waiting 45 minutes or so (and I skipped the photo op, which a CM estimated would have been another 25-30 minutes of waiting). So yes, make sure to plan ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter