Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parade is going to be at DCA this year since it is a party exclusive. Well I think it’s still a party exclusive...

I wonder how it it will work with WOC? Will there be two showings and two parades?

from the last 2 years its been a party exclusive but I wonder how the route will play out being at DCA. Id assume it would be similar to the "paint the night" route

I also assume it's going to use the normal parade route, which in some ways is a good thing because that's a pretty long route which will make viewing easier. Hopefully they'll do something like they did over in DL, with the first parade, then fireworks (or in this case, WoC), and then the second parade. They've done WoC and a parade in the past, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle the timing of the shows.

We are planning a week long Cali trip in September and are planning on going to this. Been waiting until I see some days start selling out, low and behold one of the two days we are going to be there is the first to sell out!! Why would 9/26 sell out first ahead of the dates of Halloween week??

Hurried and bought my tickets for 9/24. With 9/26 being the first day to sell out, I'm worried crowds are going to be much worse than expected that week!

We are planning a week long Cali trip in September and are planning on going to this. Been waiting until I see some days start selling out, low and behold one of the two days we are going to be there is the first to sell out!! Why would 9/26 sell out first ahead of the dates of Halloween week??

Hurried and bought my tickets for 9/24. With 9/26 being the first day to sell out, I'm worried crowds are going to be much worse than expected that week!
I’m wondering what it is about the 26th too. I looked at the convention calendar and didn’t see anything that really sticks out. We will be there Tuesday to Sunday of that week. I’m expecting crowds, because Halloween time, but I was still surprised the 26th sold out first.

Has anyone attended the party solo? If so, how was it? I am on the fence about getting tickets now. I want to go, but I will most likely be solo. For whatever reason going to Disneyland regularly solo is fine, but going to the party solo scares me lol

Has anyone attended the party solo? If so, how was it? I am on the fence about getting tickets now. I want to go, but I will most likely be solo. For whatever reason going to Disneyland regularly solo is fine, but going to the party solo scares me lol
Hmm, I actually don’t know if I’d do a party solo. I am a night owl and regularly outlast my friends and spend a couple solo hours in the parks late at night, but I can’t envision doing the party that way. It just seems like an event where I’d want some camaraderie! But, I am sure you’d have fun if you went, and maybe you could even make new friends!

I’ve never been alone to Disney but I would think the party would be a lot of fun solo. There’s so much to check out and I found people to be super friendly. I say that as an introvert who wasn’t trying to talk to anyone. We got lots of of compliments on our costumes and chatted with lots of people in lines and waiting for things. Do you like characters? It would be a great chance to meet a lot of different ones and go where you want. Would you want to dress up? A lot of adults get really into this and it could help you chat with people. Would you have fun watching alone? A big draw is the parade and WOC so it might depend on how you feel watching those alone. Again I’ve never been alone but I think the party solo sounds more fun to me than a regular day because there’s so much going on.

Hmm, I actually don’t know if I’d do a party solo. I am a night owl and regularly outlast my friends and spend a couple solo hours in the parks late at night, but I can’t envision doing the party that way. It just seems like an event where I’d want some camaraderie! But, I am sure you’d have fun if you went, and maybe you could even make new friends!
Yeah the party seems like something to experience with others. I’m going to try and convince my friend to come lol we would just have to go on a Sunday, and I wanted to do a Tuesday with the AP price. $120 just seems so steep to me..$100 is less painful
I’ve never been alone to Disney but I would think the party would be a lot of fun solo. There’s so much to check out and I found people to be super friendly. I say that as an introvert who wasn’t trying to talk to anyone. We got lots of of compliments on our costumes and chatted with lots of people in lines and waiting for things. Do you like characters? It would be a great chance to meet a lot of different ones and go where you want. Would you want to dress up? A lot of adults get really into this and it could help you chat with people. Would you have fun watching alone? A big draw is the parade and WOC so it might depend on how you feel watching those alone. Again I’ve never been alone but I think the party solo sounds more fun to me than a regular day because there’s so much going on.
I like characters. Shows I also like, but I don’t like doing them alone. Shows like Mickey and the magical map, and frozen are fine, but for some reason, I don’t like being in large cramped crowded places alone. I’m pretty thin, so people always squish into me, or sit on me (yes it’s happened). So parades, fantasmic, and world of color I have rarely done alone.

I'm regularly going alone. I like it. I love going with my friends too, but it's a different kind of fun. I can go at my own pace, which usually means manically running around from character line to character line. :D One of my friends' husband's was with us one year and he announced he wouldn't go again cause "I tired him out." ;)

I'm regularly going alone. I like it. I love going with my friends too, but it's a different kind of fun. I can go at my own pace, which usually means manically running around from character line to character line. :D One of my friends' husband's was with us one year and he announced he wouldn't go again cause "I tired him out." ;)

That’s what my DH is always saying too! As someone who likes to move around quickly I can see the appeal of being able to check stuff off the list and move around without waiting for people to keep up!

I am arriving to DLR late on Oct 30th so I can enjoy Halloween decorations at both parks on the 31st and attend OBB on Halloween. HOWEVER, I just read there will be Halloween fireworks in Disneyland on 'select nights'. If I change my flight to arrive earlier, what is the chance these fireworks will be done on that Wednesday?

Hmmm ok. I think I might try and go. I'm on a few disney groups on Facebook, so hopefully I'll find someone from those to hang out with. If they offer a dessert party, I think I'll do that to avoid having to camp out. I need to establish a Halloween budget lol.

That’s what my DH is always saying too! As someone who likes to move around quickly I can see the appeal of being able to check stuff off the list and move around without waiting for people to keep up!
We went to MHP with a large group of friends ONCE -- and hardly got anything done (from our perspective) -- and what little we did get done (fireworks, some rides, no M&Gs, part of the Cadaver Dans, some candy) was only because we did all the organizing and work and place holding. Never again unless the friends are committed Disney people who want to DO things, not just drag their feet everywhere and argue about what they don't want to do!

Hmmm ok. I think I might try and go. I'm on a few disney groups on Facebook, so hopefully I'll find someone from those to hang out with. If they offer a dessert party, I think I'll do that to avoid having to camp out. I need to establish a Halloween budget lol.
If we end up going on the same night (like we did last year in the rain!), we should meet up so that we could do WOC together! Maybe we could sit at the same table for the Dessert Party? :)

We went to MHP with a large group of friends ONCE -- and hardly got anything done (from our perspective) -- and what little we did get done (fireworks, some rides, no M&Gs, part of the Cadaver Dans, some candy) was only because we did all the organizing and work and place holding. Never again unless the friends are committed Disney people who want to DO things, not just drag their feet everywhere and argue about what they don't want to do!

If we end up going on the same night (like we did last year in the rain!), we should meet up so that we could do WOC together! Maybe we could sit at the same table for the Dessert Party? :)
Ok! :D I am eyeing September 24. I need to decide soon though since one party that week has already sold out.

I think it would be fine to go alone unless you don't like waiting in lines by yourself. In the first few hours, the trick or treat lines are very long. Character lines are very long at all times. I don't do character lines, but for other lines, I like having someone to talk to while waiting.

A big benefit to going alone is getting an upfront good view of the parade. It's easy to grab a last minute one person spot for parades - at least in DL. I've never watched a parade in DCA, so not sure if it's as easy there.

I think it would be fine to go alone unless you don't like waiting in lines by yourself. In the first few hours, the trick or treat lines are very long. Character lines are very long at all times. I don't do character lines, but for other lines, I like having someone to talk to while waiting.

A big benefit to going alone is getting an upfront good view of the parade. It's easy to grab a last minute one person spot for parades - at least in DL. I've never watched a parade in DCA, so not sure if it's as easy there.
I don't mind waiting in line alone. I often strike up convos with people in line when I go solo (extrovert lol). I want to focus on characters that only come out during the party. The last 2 years when I went with my aunt, she didn't want to wait for characters, so I didn't get to see any. I only saw Constance, and that's because I begged her lol. She sat down and waited for me somewhere else lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter