Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! We loved that, too, the first time we went to WDW. It's really interesting to compare the differences in the rides!

This is interesting because I have always heard that SM at DLR is not great compared to WDW. I was disappointed because it is one of my favorite rides at WDW

You sit side by side in a row of 2 instead of every one sitting single with people in front and/or behind. The DLR version is better.

I don’t like it in the ride photos at WDW where a party of two has separate ride photos because of being in different cars due to the seating arrangement.

We are not small people, not huge, but not small. Any problems with this on this ride, if you know?

It will be down August 26-September 5 according to some cast members I overheard talking about their schedules! They were discussing when they should plan a vacation. Of course, this isn't quite official information, lol, but it seems logical. I guess we will see!
8/26 info & hours are up on the DL website and if you look under attractions it says HM goes down that day. It still isn’t showing up if you just click on the calendar date though.
From another thread -- unofficial and official news on the HM overlay installation dates.

I haven't looked in a few days, but when I just checked, the ticket webpage is showing Thursday, September 26th as sold out.

This is the party we're going to. I wonder what capacity is? I know Disney would never release numbers like that. We had a friend who was contemplating going and now I guess she won't join us. Darn it!

In years past, there was sometimes a lag between when tickets sold out online and over the phone. If your friend knows she wants to join you, I'd call ticketing right now and see if they have any available. If she's willing to risk it, sometimes there are day of tickets available (I think hotel guests have first access), but it's not consistent/guaranteed.

In years past, there was sometimes a lag between when tickets sold out online and over the phone. If your friend knows she wants to join you, I'd call ticketing right now and see if they have any available. If she's willing to risk it, sometimes there are day of tickets available (I think hotel guests have first access), but it's not consistent/guaranteed.

I'll let her know! Thank you!

Crazy that this is the first date that is sold out! I would have guessed a Sunday or Halloween would’ve been first.
I would have guessed Halloween too, but being a Thursday doesn't necessarily surprise me. I was thinking that folks would opt for the Thursday night party because that would only mean being tired at work/school on Friday (assuming they work Mon to Fri) and then recharging during the weekend. If they go to the Sun party, that could mean being tired for the start of the entire work/school week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!