Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
The party merchandise won't be put out until 6 pm.

The check in system is very different. At the front gate, guests enter the park using their party ticket. You get your picture taken and you'll get a card stock ticket. Then you get into the event check-in line (located just inside the ticket gate). You'll get your wristband, map, and bag at the end of that line. So, there are two lines to go through!

Blue Sky Cellar is the in park check in location. You scan your ticket, take the photo, get the card stock ticket, and then get the wristband, map, and bag.

The AP offerings...last week's button is still available, along with the magnet.
IMG_20190922_162450_zps6fhedp0h.jpg

Last edited:

Last night (Sat) we saw Sally Slater (meeting alone) and she switched off with the Three Ghosts.

Based on a couple reports then it seems to be

Friday: Sally and Constance
Saturday: Sally and the ghosts
Sunday: Constance and the ghosts

Monday: ?? Haven't seen a report. If anyone pokes their head in tomorrow night, please report back!

The Oogie Boogie sipper (party exclusive) doesn't come with a drink. It's sold in the stores during the party.

Has anyone tried leaving and coming back into the party yet? I really want a photo with one of the HM ghosts, I don't care which one honestly as long as I get a set. And I'm assuming they'll be out on Halloween proper. But due to arriving on Halloween itself I'm going to have one shot at this. I have an AP I will renew earlier that day so getting into DL isn't an issue since I won't use the party ticket. I guess I'm just worried about reentry.

Regarding OBB specific merchandise, CMs were saying today that there is a new rule that they are supposed to ask to see a party wristband before selling you party merchandise. They hope that this will help make the OBB items last well into October for party guests.
AP Corner was so much better today than it was last week. The line was much more organized and moved more quickly. We got into line around 6 pm and were done in about half an hour.

Has anyone tried leaving and coming back into the party yet? I really want a photo with one of the HM ghosts, I don't care which one honestly as long as I get a set. And I'm assuming they'll be out on Halloween proper. But due to arriving on Halloween itself I'm going to have one shot at this. I have an AP I will renew earlier that day so getting into DL isn't an issue since I won't use the party ticket. I guess I'm just worried about reentry.
I don't have any info...but just wishing for some pixie dust for you! The party and HM ghosts would make for an awesome Halloween day :)

Question for people that have attended the party - we have reservations at Wine Country so that we have reserved parade viewing, but we were wondering can we get a good view of the parade without the reservation? What if we get a space 30 minutes before the parade or so? We just want to save some money, but we really want to see the parade. Also, if we use mobile ordering for food, is it relatively quick and efficient? Appreciate this thread a lot - this is only our second time to California for Disney :)

Question for people that have attended the party - we have reservations at Wine Country so that we have reserved parade viewing, but we were wondering can we get a good view of the parade without the reservation? What if we get a space 30 minutes before the parade or so? We just want to save some money, but we really want to see the parade. Also, if we use mobile ordering for food, is it relatively quick and efficient? Appreciate this thread a lot - this is only our second time to California for Disney :)
The parade route at DCA is almost a mile long -- it's actually a little bit hard not to find good viewing somewhere along that route. If you want to eat at WCT, fine. But there really is no need to eat there just to get good parade viewing. And the Parade Package is now all standing -- you could get curb seating for free. Reports so far would indicate that 30 minutes is fine for finding good spots somewhere along the route. Walk the route earlier in the day to decide where you'd like to view the parade (choose more than one area), then you'll know where to go during the party.
Mobile Ordering is usually pretty quick and efficient. Be sure to go straight to the pick up window when your order is ready. The crowd at the window is not an official line -- people are just hanging around waiting for their orders to be ready.

If anybody was at the parks this weekend and noticed which Haunted Mansion characters met on which days, please post it here. Much, much appreciated!

Friday: Constance and Sally.
Saturday: Sally and Hitchhiking Ghosts.
Sunday: Constance and Hitchhiking Ghosts.

Will tey to peak tonight too.

They have messed up and sold pins in the morning for a good few of the days. One location said the jumbo is sold out.

I would really appreciate if they'd start checking wristbands. That first night was brutal.

Regarding OBB specific merchandise, CMs were saying today that there is a new rule that they are supposed to ask to see a party wristband before selling you party merchandise. They hope that this will help make the OBB items last well into October for party guests.
Good to know!
They have messed up and sold pins in the morning for a good few of the days. One location said the jumbo is sold out.

I would really appreciate if they'd start checking wristbands. That first night was brutal.
Let's hope they continue checking wristbands. I've already seen people other places comment that if you want OBB merchandise without a ticket, just go during the overlap period since they don't check wristbands. Now if they check, that can cut down on that loophole.

Could anyone who has attended a party this year tell me if there are any GotG fastpasses available by the time they allow party guests in (we’re attending a Sunday party and are hoping to grab a fastpass when we enter at 2). Thanks!

Could anyone who has attended a party this year tell me if there are any GotG fastpasses available by the time they allow party guests in (we’re attending a Sunday party and are hoping to grab a fastpass when we enter at 2). Thanks!

I was watching yesterday and saw some available at the beginning of the mix in period but you won’t need them at all once the party starts. After about 6:30 things become basically walk on

So excited for the party! A few quick questions.

When is the best time to do the villain treat trails? Was there an average wait time for those throughout the night?

With now a few parties underway, did any characters change from one party to the next?

Same ? about parade route --- does it always start near Paradise Gardens, or change?

How's the line for the 3-villain meet & greet near Grizzly River Run?

Does your ticket give you MaxPass for the hours prior to the official party start time?

Does Incredicoaster and Fun Wheel stop operating during World of Color?

Thank you! 🎃

I’ve heard from numerous places that MaxPass is included with your party ticket for the mix in times

I’ve also watched Villianous on YouTube and Pixar Pier is completely dark and the Fun Wheel is used for projections. So I’m going to say the attractions are shut down.

Last edited:
I bought tickets in early September for the last available date at the time. It was completely sold out a couple days later. I do know every years I have been able to get tickets day of staying on site. But they are gone by 8am (I think all 3 hotels share 100 tickets.) But I won't guarantee that option.

Good luck.

I would be surprised if it was that low. A couple years ago I was at DLH at when tickets went on sale (6am I think) we had ~20 people in line already. I would assume based on 100 tickets they would sell out between the three hotels within minutes of going on sale. (I highly doubt everyone on the reservation were down in line, I suspect mom or dad came down to buy 3 to 5 tickets each... and there were 20 people in line.)

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if it was like 30% of booked capacity for that night or something. I can’t imagine there are THAT many people in the hotels (maybe a few thousand for all three hotels?) so 500 tickets or something would allow them to basically allow any guests to get tickets that day and probably would hardly put a dent in wait times in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter