Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family an I are doing Wreck it Ralph! My hubby is going to be Ralph, I’ll be Vanellope and my son is going to be Fix it Felix. My daughter was going to do Rapunzel but the dress I bought her does not fit and it’s not returnable. Too bad since it’s really nice! So since I had already bought her a wig and made her Rapunzel ears she agreed to do Rapunzel in her comfy clothing from Wreck it Ralph 2. I’m excited since it’ll be our first family costume! I have photos of the things I’ve made if anyone is interested in seeing them.

As for the party being worth it I think it’s subjective. For my family the $110 price tag is less than what I’d pay for a one day ticket with MaxPass and we get to dress up, trick or treat, and have lower crowds. We plan on going in at 2:00 PM so that’s a full 8 hours which I consider a full day.

I too am anxious to see more info on the Halloween March and food!

My family an I are doing Wreck it Ralph! My hubby is going to be Ralph, I’ll be Vanellope and my son is going to be Fix it Felix. My daughter was going to do Rapunzel but the dress I bought her does not fit and it’s not returnable. Too bad since it’s really nice! So since I had already bought her a wig and made her Rapunzel ears she agreed to do Rapunzel in her comfy clothing from Wreck it Ralph 2. I’m excited since it’ll be our first family costume! I have photos of the things I’ve made if anyone is interested in seeing them.

As for the party being worth it I think it’s subjective. For my family the $110 price tag is less than what I’d pay for a one day ticket with MaxPass and we get to dress up, trick or treat, and have lower crowds. We plan on going in at 2:00 PM so that’s a full 8 hours which I consider a full day.

I too am anxious to see more info on the Halloween March and food!

I would love to see the costume stuff! Such a fun theme. And I love that she will be comfy Rapunzel. Those outfits were the best.

I assume DCA will close early that day to normal guests?

If we’re doing the parks for 2 days I can do 1 single ticket for DL and these tickets for DCA and get in at 3?

I assume DCA will close early that day to normal guests?

If we’re doing the parks for 2 days I can do 1 single ticket for DL and these tickets for DCA and get in at 3?
It depends on which day you are looking at for the party, but yes the tickets do allow you entry to the park a few hours before the party begins, and then they close the park to those who do not have tickets at party time.

It depends on which day you are looking at for the party, but yes the tickets do allow you entry to the park a few hours before the party begins, and then they close the park to those who do not have tickets at party time.

All are the rides still up and running as normal or they stop at 6 as well?

Ok just called Disney. When you go in early you get a bracelet and rides do run until close

Looks like you cannot dress up until 6pm. When the even actually begins

Last edited:

Ok just called Disney. When you go in early you get a bracelet and rides do run until close

I have never been to a party, but I have left DL on the day of a party as people were arriving and people were definitely in costume earlier than the start of the party. I wonder if that is a new rule or a not really enforced rule?

In the past, the majority of rides remain open throughout the party. At Disneyland, there were a few that closed once the party began. They haven’t announced what, if any, rides won’t be available during OBB.

Past years, in both Disneyland and WDW, they allowed party guests to arrive in their costumes before the actual party began, during the mix-in time. I haven’t read anywhere they changed that policy. That would make it tricky for party-goers.

I wonder if that is a new rule or a not really enforced rule?
I think it's one of those rules that they haven't enforced in the past. There was language in previous years that said costumes could be worn during the party, but during normal operating hours, only guests ages 9 and younger could dress up. However, as others have said, once the overlap period starts, I've always seen plenty of party going guests dressed up already.

Well I have my trip planned and tickets purchased. We’re doing oogie boogie on sept 24th. Good thing I got tickets as the 26th is already sold out

Does anyone know if the party will have any effect on Extra Magic Hours? We will be at DLR Oct 9-11, but we will not have tickets for the party on the 10th. Do you think DL will still have EMH/MM on that Thursday, or is there any chance the EMH time will switch to DCA since that park will be closing early to non-party goers that day? I know that no one can be certain until Disney releases the calendar for October; just wondering if anyone had any insight based on past years.

I am hoping they will! I don’t think it’s too late for them to announce it. If I remember correctly, they normally do the blog post announcing all of the Disneyland Halloween treats and merchandise in August. I would expect the WOC Dessert Party to be announced at the same time.

I just came back to this thread looking for the same thing. I really hope they do something for it and/or the parade. Take my 💸

Just decided to hit up DL on our way back from WDW in October, that means both Halloween parties in one week!!! Just bought our DL party tickets for October 3rd. We are going as Up characters, my husband will be Russel and I will be Kevin, we have everything except for my headpiece that I need to make still. So excited, we have never been to a DL party.

Does anyone know if the party will have any effect on Extra Magic Hours?..
I don't remember it having any effect on EMH/MM at DL in the past, so it shouldn't have any effect on that or on EE at DCA.

Just decided to hit up DL on our way back from WDW in October, that means both Halloween parties in one week!!! Just bought our DL party tickets for October 3rd. We are going as Up characters, my husband will be Russel and I will be Kevin, we have everything except for my headpiece that I need to make still. So excited, we have never been to a DL party.
Just to clarify: OBB is in DCA, not DL, this year. (Don't want anyone out there to be disappointed!) Your costumes sound fun! Post photos when they are complete!

I don't remember it having any effect on EMH/MM at DL in the past, so it shouldn't have any effect on that or on EE at DCA.

Just to clarify: OBB is in DCA, not DL, this year. (Don't want anyone out there to be disappointed!) Your costumes sound fun! Post photos when they are complete!

Thanks, yes I know it is in DCA, that's actually most of the draw for us, I was just referring to The Disneyland Resort vs Walt Disney World.

Thanks, yes I know it is in DCA, that's actually most of the draw for us, I was just referring to The Disneyland Resort vs Walt Disney World.
Whew! Glad to hear that. Given that every year there are people who buy party tickets for WDW thinking that they are the same for DLR, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there are people who have already bought OBB tickets this year, but don't yet know that the party is in DCA.
And I'm glad that the party's being in DCA is a plus for you -- some folks were expressing the opposite opinion!

Just bought my tickets for Oct 10th!!!! :cool1: It will just me DH and me. We are going for our anniversary!!!! Cannot wait!!! I'm sure he will not be on board with costumes, but I think I can force matching shirts on him!!!

People keep asking about ride closures during OBB... As far as ride closures... there's not a ton of rides in DCA lol, so I'd imagine just about everything stays open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter