Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun! I love Bo's new look. I bet one of those retro elastic belts would work well.

I am still trying to decide between just a Halloween themed t-shirt and some sort of Disney bounding. My little will be dressed as Maleficent, so I feel like I should do something to match her.
I'm dressing as Mrs Potts. I bought her dress on shop Disney on sale. My daughter is going to dress as Belle.

Interesting - I've never heard the word "bound"/"bounding" used in relation to dressing up in costume. Is this a west coast thing?
Disney Bounding is used all over the world! Leslie Kay's site (https://disneybound.co) has super ideas and photos from fans -- and the archives are a wonderful resource for Halloween!

... I just did a Google search and found that bounding is synonymous with cosplaying, which I guess is pretty much synonymous with dressing in costume. Would you say that's correct? I'm in NY, and that is not a term I've ever heard!
This video does a great job explaining the concept of Disney Bounding and the difference between that and cosplay:

Bounding is not a full costume. It is clothes that suggest a character but not a full costume.
Correct -- the above video has some great examples!

Disney Bounding is used all over the world! Leslie Kay's site (https://disneybound.co) has super ideas and photos from fans -- and the archives are a wonderful resource for Halloween!

This video does a great job explaining the concept of Disney Bounding and the difference between that and cosplay:

Thank you, those are awesome!

I think there is a FB group, too -- Disneybounders Unite (??) -- that is supposed to be very good.

It appears to be a closed group - I don't know if I should ask to join, or if you have to know someone...I don't know what the protocols are with those things.

It appears to be a closed group - I don't know if I should ask to join, or if you have to know someone...I don't know what the protocols are with those things.
Someone in the group told me that it is okay to ask to join. They just want to screen for the crazies -- you should have no problems with your request!
I love looking at the photos of all the creativity -- so inspiring!

This was a great video. Thanks for sharing. It really is a good way to play along without breaking the rules!

I have a coworker who is just the cutest dresser and sometimes she looks like she's Disney bounding to me. She gets a kick out of her accidental bounding. Once she was Gaston, red dress, brown tights, mustard sweater. I legitimately thought she had done it on purpose, but she's not that into Disney. But it made my day and the office felt a little more like DL.

I saw this is 110 a person early sept/October. That would be 440 for the family. Are these parties worth the high cost? I know it’s subjective but I’d like to get opinions

It really depends on if the extras appeal to you. We’ve done it the last two years and even knowing what to expect it was hard to decide last year. We had a great time and I’m glad we went but it is really expensive for families. I am having the same problem now and leaning against because of the move to DCA. I’m not a big fan of WoC and neither are my kids but if you like it then it’s getting a new show I think only available on party nights. No fireworks of course which was the add on at DL and now you can see that show on select nights at DL. There is a special parade but I’ve heard they might be changing it and it looks like for the worse which concerns me. The biggest plus is meeting unique characters and dressing up for adults. It’s a fun atmosphere but again it just depends on whether or not what they are offering makes it sound worth it. My son’s favorite holiday is Halloween and he loves villains so it was worth the high price tag for family memories while he’s young enough to really enjoy it all. It might depend on how old your kids are. With Disney I know the magic is fleeting so I end up spending more to do things that won’t be special to them when they’re older.

I saw this is 110 a person early sept/October. That would be 440 for the family. Are these parties worth the high cost? I know it’s subjective but I’d like to get opinions
I think they are worth it. I told myself I wasn't going to go this year. But then I started thinking how much I had fun the last 2 years. I loved the unique characters, dressing up, and the whole atmosphere. So I went ahead and bought tickets lol. It is very expensive, and keeps getting more expensive each year. But I never felt I didn't get my money's worth. People are in a good mood, and I feel like it's less stresful than a normal day at DL. You just have to go in with the right expectations.

Was going through the kids' scrapbooks the other day and I'm not sure if anyone here went to the first few parties, but I have my tickets and it was $19. LOL! I wish!
Yes....we went to the first one but I think I paid $25 each....lol We had so much fun. The prices went up every year from there. :rolleyes: It's been years since we've been but I'm considering again this year.

Ugh - I hate to ask this, but do y'all think there will be a add-on dessert party for WoC during Oogie Boogie Bash?

I mean, surely they would've announced it by now if there would be one, but I love the regular WoC dessert party so ...

Ugh - I hate to ask this, but do y'all think there will be a add-on dessert party for WoC during Oogie Boogie Bash?

I mean, surely they would've announced it by now if there would be one, but I love the regular WoC dessert party so ...

I am hoping they will! I don’t think it’s too late for them to announce it. If I remember correctly, they normally do the blog post announcing all of the Disneyland Halloween treats and merchandise in August. I would expect the WOC Dessert Party to be announced at the same time.

I am hoping they will! I don’t think it’s too late for them to announce it. If I remember correctly, they normally do the blog post announcing all of the Disneyland Halloween treats and merchandise in August. I would expect the WOC Dessert Party to be announced at the same time.

Oh that's excellent about the treats and merchandise! I love that we'll be able to figure out in advance what we want and where to go for it. :earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter