Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobzking

Mouseketeer
As of August 4th, Disneyland.com now opens with the HalloweenTime image :)Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 3.58.03 PM.png

***First date to sell out, Thursday September 26th, is officially SOLD OUT as of July 15th***
**as of August 2nd these additional dates have sold out: 9/29 and 10/31**
*as of Aug 24th, the following dates are sold out: Sept 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29 and Oct 10, 17, 24 and Halloween.*

***FIRST INFO ON 2019 HALLOWEEN PARTY AT THE DISNEYLAND RESORT ANNOUNCED TODAY 4/17/2019***

Short Recap as of July 10th, 2019:
California Adventures ONLY!
-no park hopper
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before
“Frightfully Fun Parade”
-new "Villainous" World of Color Halloween show
-Mickey’s Trick and Treat show
DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land

Disneyland will however run Halloween Screams fireworks "on select nights"
-Haunted Mansion Holiday will of course return
-As of now, it looks like Ghost Galaxy will NOT return

Take note of these important dates and mark your calendars:

• April 23: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders
  • April 30: Tickets on sale to general public
  • Oogie Boogie Bash in DCA 2019 dates: Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 22, Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Sept. 29, Oct. 1, Oct. 3, Oct. 6, Oct. 8, Oct. 10, Oct. 13, Oct. 15, Oct. 17, Oct. 20, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 27, Oct. 29 and Oct. 31
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev...d-resort/?CMP=ILC-DPFY19Q3wo0411190417190013C

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ure-park-tickets-on-sale-beginning-next-week/

Dates and Pricing (note that there are 20 dates this year compared to I believe only 13 last year)
ALL PARTIES SOLD OUT AS OF 9/11/19

Dates
Passholder Price/ Regular Price
Tues, Sept 17, 2019 $100/ $110 -- SOLD OUT 8/22/19
Thurs, Sept 19, 2019 $100/ $110 -- SOLD OUT 8/12/19
Sun, Sept 22, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/20/19
Tues, Sept 24, 2019 $100/ $110 -- SOLD OUT 8/17/19
Thurs, Sept 26, 2019 $100/ $110 -- SOLD OUT 7/15/19
Sun, Sept 29, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/02/19
Tues, Oct 1, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 9/06/29
Thurs, Oct 3, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/26/19
Sun, Oct 6, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 9/06/29
Tues, Oct 8, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/26/19
Thurs, Oct 10, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/17/19
Sun, Oct 13, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 8/30/19
Tues, Oct 15, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 9/06/29
Thurs, Oct 17, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/24/19
Sun, Oct 20, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 9/10/19
Tues, Oct 22, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 9/06/29
Thurs, Oct 24, 2019 $120/ $120 -- SOLD OUT 8/17/19
Sun, Oct 27, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 9/05/19
Tues, Oct 29, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 9/11/19
Thurs, Oct 31, 2019 $145/ $145 -- SOLD OUT 8/02/19

Highlights of the new separate-ticket event include:

• “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
  • Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek will be tricked out in a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
  • Immersive Treat Trails – Enjoy trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
  • DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films.
  • “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The guest-favorite parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
  • Mickey’s Trick and Treat show – Perfect for young guests, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
  • Character encounters – Meet beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings!

This will be the one and only Halloween Party in Disneyland Resort this year. No official party in the Disneyland Park, only in Disney California Adventure -- No park hopping with this year's party ticket. This is sad news to me, but with all of the Star Wars commotion, it was expected.

News release July 9th, 2019: "And for the first time in nearly a decade, all guests visiting Disneyland will get to enjoy a version of the supernatural projection and special effects show – “Halloween Screams.” This nighttime spectacular adds to the spooky fun on most nights of the season. On select nights, “Halloween Screams” will go sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks."...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-this-halloween-season-at-disneyland-resort/
***Small Update on May 23rd***

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...en-party-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

• DescenDANCE Party – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from Disney Channel. As the DescenDANCE Party begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from all three “Descendants” movies. The original “Villain Kids” might even crash the party through magic mirrors. Once the DescenDANCE crew returns to their realm, the Backlot DJ continues to spin tunes that will make any “Villain Kid” proud, inviting everyone to step onto the dance floor into the night.
  • “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
  • Character encounters – Tweens will love meeting beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, like Dr Facilier, Jafar and Maleficent!
  • Immersive Treat Trails – Trick-or-treating is not just for little kids! There is so much to see at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
  • “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The favorite Halloween parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.

---------------- Initial Post Below--------------

My wife's grandma just asked when Halloween Time was in Disneyland (I love her), so I figured if its ok for HER to ask, then surely its on the minds of some DISboarders already. So here's what to expect based on last years Halloween time:

*May 17th Disney Parks Blog released info, dates, etc

*June 5th tickets went on sale for APH, DVC, etc.

*June 12th tickets went on sale to everyone else

*Sept 7th the Halloween overlay hit the parks

*Party Dates! In 2018 there were 2-3 parties per week in September on seemingly random days of the week. In October the parties fell on Tuesdays and Fridays with the exception of Halloween week (Monday and Wednesday the 31st)

Its safe to assume both Disneyland and DCA will participate in the party again. Prices range from $105-130 for adult (children are same price). 2 and under free.

There is a "place holder" on Disneyland's site, but just sort of generic info at this time (as of 01/27/2019): https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/Halloween-Time-at-Disneyland-Checklist.jpgsyetiutro8169824-1024x576.jpgsyetiutro8169823-1024x683.jpgsyetiutro8169822-1024x576.jpg67876287_10157199555600993_3569456790384934912_o-1.jpg67594431_10157199555620993_6457800933777604608_o.jpg67766166_10157199555585993_4313167018053337088_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PRETTY safe assumption lol. I cant imagine them NOT doing it in Disneyland park and they will certainly need to do it in DCA to draw a little bit of the crowd away from Star Wars G. PLUS (a big plus), on the disneyland.com site it says... "
Happy Hauntings in Both Parks –
Scheduled to Return September 2019"
Will both parks be decorated? Sure. Will the parties take place in DL? Not likely.

Will both parks be decorated? Sure. Will the parties take place in DL? Not likely.

I'd bet ya money that you're wrong ;) But that would be interesting! No Halloween party fireworks? Or would we get them in DCA somehow? Cadaver Dans? The parade? Meet n greet w/ Jack... Some moveable to DCA, others I'm not so sure. But like all things at the part, nothing is guaranteed to last forever, or remain unchanged.

And I think its doable, and people would complain, but they'd for the most part get used to it, or get over it. This would definitely be the year to make the switch though. So Cal-Pie... in that case, Haunted Mansion Holiday this year, or no?

Go ahead and start it! I'll update the title for you. Just keep adding the updated news as Disney posts it -- you KNOW everyone here is waiting for it! :)

I'd bet ya money that you're wrong ;) But that would be interesting! No Halloween party fireworks? Or would we get them in DCA somehow? Cadaver Dans? The parade? Meet n greet w/ Jack... Some moveable to DCA, others I'm not so sure. But like all things at the part, nothing is guaranteed to last forever, or remain unchanged.

And I think its doable, and people would complain, but they'd for the most part get used to it, or get over it. This would definitely be the year to make the switch though. So Cal-Pie... in that case, Haunted Mansion Holiday this year, or no?

I'm with Cal-Pie on that one. Decorations both parks yes, definitely. But I am convinced the party goes to DCA, and actually would be surprised if Disneyland Park entrance is included for some hours beforehand like it was with DCA this year.

The party used to be at DCA for the first few years I attended, so it does work. It was smaller and no parade back then, but it is possible.

Cadaver Dans could go up on the stage in Paradise Gardens or on that bandstand in the WOC area. There is a parade route. Halloween fireworks could be done, or entirely replaced by World of Color Halloween version.

And the character meets, yeah, they may change. First year I attended there was a Toy Story Meet back on the Pier for the party and I actually met Bo Peep. Wouldn't say no to a repeat of that. ;) A lot of the meets in Disneyland Park had changed last year already, they may do it again. Jack could easily become a daytime only meet in Disneyland Park, and maybe Oogie Boogie instead in DCA? He'd fit in perfectly near the Horseman statue. And for other meets they could as well do it with more or less cute little backdrops. Back in old times Mickey and Minnie were meeting in the Hyperion queue area. The princesses had a backdrop near Ariel's Grotto.

Haunted Mansion Holiday is in no way tied to the party. This will continue in the Disneyland Park no doubt. Otherwise there'd be a riot, and I'd likely be the one handing out pitchforks. ;)

I'm not sure they'll move it, but it will be a big tactical error if they don't. They need to do all they can to get crowds moved over to DCA. It's going to be a crazy lopsided year for those parks. Moving the party is doable and within their control. And didn't they develop a Halloween WOC last year that just didn't show because they weren't done repairing the mechanics yet? The party was actually in DCA a number of years ago.

Super excited for the Halloween party. This will be our first one for DL. We are big WDW goers and made our first trip to DL in December and absolutely loved it. Looking forward to all the updates so we can plan our parties(2). :D

Super excited for the Halloween party. This will be our first one for DL. We are big WDW goers and made our first trip to DL in December and absolutely loved it. Looking forward to all the updates so we can plan our parties(2). :D

We alternate between DL and WDW for Halloween every year and Halloween Time at Disneyland blows WDW out of the water. Like... no comparison... The giant Mickey pumpkin that greets you, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Halloween Scream fireworks with Jack Skellington, the ambiance lighting, the Halloween tree, and so much more. AND THEN... there's the Halloween stuff at DCA which is SUPER COOL TOO! Lighting McQueen and ToMater in in costume (yes, big cars that drive around and interact), the headless horseman statue, Oogie greeting people into the park on the speakers.

I enjoy Halloween at WDW, but on a scale of 1 to 10, DL gets an 11 and WDW gets a 6 lol.

Cant believe WDW started selling Halloween tickets on January 15th!!! That just blows my mind. And poor poor us, we probably have at least 2 months (May-ish) before we even hear a peep on Halloween Time in Disneyland. :(

Cant believe WDW started selling Halloween tickets on January 15th!!! That just blows my mind. And poor poor us, we probably have at least 2 months (May-ish) before we even hear a peep on Halloween Time in Disneyland. :(
I agree that WDW is C.R.A.Z.Y (!) to be selling their party tickets so early. But I don't pity us in the least about not having to worry about MHP for a while yet. Once the insanity and stress start over here, it will just keep snowballing until November! Much as I love Halloween Time and MHP, I can live without that for a little while longer. ;)

I think WDW is doing whatever they can to boost attendance in that pre SW:GE time frame and enticing guests however they can. I'm sure you have many that are pushing their trips back to late Nov/early Dec there

Whereas with DL we have a more concrete idea of when GE opens and it's considerably earlier than WDW.

I'll be in the parks on Halloween this year and plan on going to a party if there is one that day! We went to a party a few years ago and I thought it was fun, but not necessarily worth it for us. But with being in the parks on Halloween, i'm willing to give the party another shot.

so im that crazy halloween person that started planning this years halloween trip right after last years trip...this is what ive heard or noticed, and its not much sadly :(

on disneylands site where they talk about halloween time/mickeys halloween party they dont mention halloween screams anymore (i will be DEVASTATED if this is true), and its also not mentioned where other firework shows are listed, like christmas and new years..it says to check back in spring for party info and isnt it spring now? why are they torturing us.

when i called disneyland the other day to straight up ask if they had any information on halloween time and if the party will be moved, the cast member said they dont have any information as of now, but that he highly doubts the party will be moved to DCA bc they cant move the frightfully fun parade, it has to be at DL.

maybe they will just get rid of the parade all together and move the party? i hope not. ive gone every year to the halloween parties for the last 10 years..been to the DCA parties and they dont even compare to the party at DL. im sure it would still be "fun"...but you cannot beat the rivers of america all foggy..with the cadaver dans! ugh, so good. and the fireworks...ill be weird and keep calling and update if i hear anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!