Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the details.

At the WDW parties, people line up for almost all the characters well before they appear. (Lines for Jack and Sally routinely start by 2:00pm.) Is it your experience that they don't have/allow this at Disneyland?

I also was planning to get in the villains line well before the party.
Well, I was at the first party so maybe it’s changed, but people were marveling that some lines had started “by like 5:00!” That makes it seem like hours in line isn’t so much a thing? Maybe someone who’s done more parties can chime in.

For world of color, where is a good spot to stand? I don't want to be in a splash zone and get wet
Look over the viewing area map in the first post of this thread: World of Color Superthread. Everyone has their preferences for a favorite spot: up close, further back for a big picture view, on the bridge, etc. Choose several spots, then walk around Paradise Bay during the day to see which spots you like best. You'll know where to go when it's time to view the show.

Well, I was at the first party so maybe it’s changed, but people were marveling that some lines had started “by like 5:00!” That makes it seem like hours in line isn’t so much a thing? Maybe someone who’s done more parties can chime in.
I know at MHP, CMs would try to discourage guests from lining up for M&Gs during the pre-party hours. The only M&G that was the exception was for Jack & Sally, but even then, CMs would really try to keep people from lining up until 5 pm or later. You could line up for the pre-party in TT, but there was a designated area for that -- and this year there isn't a pre-party, so that isn't even an issue.

character photos as requested. Sorry it's screencqps, the site doesn't like the downloads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921-200630_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921-200630_Gallery.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20190921-200624_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921-200624_Gallery.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20190921-200607_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190921-200607_Gallery.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 57

So I know it's early, and things can change, BUT the forecast is showing rain for next week on Friday-Sunday. For those going to the party on Sunday make sure to check the weather before heading out. Last year I went during the big rainstorm, and thankfully checked the weather before and brought a jacket and umbrella. Only mentioning b/c I know people were upset (understandably). Plus rain isn't super common this time of year

Unfortunately I am not. Still got a chance at the ticket booth? Or can I go to the front desk at a hotel and buy it?

I think you have to prove you are a guest at the hotel.
You can check at the ticket gates first thing in the morning, or ask late at night the day before? Have you called Disneyland directly to see if there are any tickets? Some people have gotten lucky at getting tickets this way, even after it shows sold out.

... Still got a chance at the ticket booth? Or can I go to the front desk at a hotel and buy it?

For anyone trying to get tickets to a sold out Halloween Party:

1) Call the ticket line ASAP to see if there are any tickets available for the date you want. Maybe or maybe not -- but you won't know until you call.
2) If you are local, try asking at the ticket booths. Sometimes when a party sells out online, there are tickets still available at the booths, not many, but some. Again, worth a shot. But, be aware, some parties have been sold out for while now (see the first post on page one of this thread for the dates each party sold out online), so there may not be any tickets left for those dates.
3) Stay on site the day of your party. In the past, the on site hotels have reserved some (not a lot) of day of party tickets for their guests to be sold first thing in the morning (early!) first come, first served.
4) Choose a different date that is still available and move fast to buy your tickets -- this option may only work over the phone now.
5) Don't do DCA with the OBB, but do a day at DL which will still have all the Halloween Time decorations, special food items, HMH, and Halloween Screams fireworks.

Whatever you do, do not buy OBB tickets through a third party vendor. Disney does NOT authorize Halloween party ticket sales through third party vendors, so the risk of getting scammed and ripped off is real. We get reports every year of people being turned away from the gates with scam tickets. Don't be one of these people and don't support the scammers.

I specifically asked Thursday and was told no, they wouldn’t close down and were given permission to run Incredicoaster through WoC during the party.
Interesting! Will be interested in how this goes.
Unfortunately I am not. Still got a chance at the ticket booth? Or can I go to the front desk at a hotel and buy it?
You need to be a guest at one of the resort hotels to get tix. A few years ago, they limited it to club level guests.

I would call and see what they advise.

Just a few quick Sunday morning notes:
1. There are signs in the Esplanade, in front of the gates, and just inside the gates saying DCA closes at 6 and the party is sold out.
IMG_20190922_095844_zpsf2ru0o1c.jpg

2. No party merchandise is out yet.
3. Spirit jersies are sold out (WoD had a few yesterday, but I haven't seen any in the parks).

I called the ticket line and they just said it was sold out before hearing any dates. Hmmm not sure how to approach this.
You could try calling again to see if you get a different CM, but honestly I really think it’s totally sold out by now. There was a brief period where people reported getting tickets over the phone even though prior were told it was sold out. But that was a few weeks ago.

If anybody was at the parks this weekend and noticed which Haunted Mansion characters met on which days, please post it here. Much, much appreciated!

I called the ticket line and they just said it was sold out before hearing any dates. Hmmm not sure how to approach this.
I bought tickets in early September for the last available date at the time. It was completely sold out a couple days later. I do know every years I have been able to get tickets day of staying on site. But they are gone by 8am (I think all 3 hotels share 100 tickets.) But I won't guarantee that option.

Good luck.

I hope this event continues for years to come, it seems like it has been such a hit already and the characters are amazing, can't make it out this year but sure hope it continues and I am able to make it out next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!