Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Halloween party that I ever went to at Disneyland was like that. It seemed like maybe a total of 5 songs on repeat.

Question for anyone who has gone already this year: What are the non candy treats for trick or treating?
I am going with someone who wants to trick or treat and I don't want any candy.

My complaint about the music is that it was so loud!
For non candy treats I saw carrots, apple slices, and craisins.

I stopped by DCA this morning. The pins were available, but no sign of the other OBB merchandise (at least not at the BVS stores). So they might only be putting it out on party nights.

(Update: The pins were no longer available by mid-afternoon. So having them out this morning might have been a glitch.)

Last edited:

Weird follow up question since someone asked this and I’ve never trick or treated at Disney (or at all in a couple decades...) - can you actually pick what treats you’re getting? I eat candy, but I don’t like chocolate. It’s fine either way - I’m used to getting chocolate and just passing it on to DH - this question and answer exchange just made me curious.

Weird follow up question since someone asked this and I’ve never trick or treated at Disney (or at all in a couple decades...) - can you actually pick what treats you’re getting? I eat candy, but I don’t like chocolate. It’s fine either way - I’m used to getting chocolate and just passing it on to DH - this question and answer exchange just made me curious.
I have before. Just ask nicely and say thank you and the CM’s should be able to do it

Don't know if this was discussed previously, but do many people dress up? I finally talked my husband into bringing a costume and looking at the videos I don't see anyone in costume. Is that because it's Sept.? We're coming for the Oct. 21st party. I'd be curious if guest dress up closer to Halloween. I hate to haul it in the luggage if we'd look out of place. Course, half the crowd is wearing ears.

Don't know if this was discussed previously, but do many people dress up? I finally talked my husband into bringing a costume and looking at the videos I don't see anyone in costume. Is that because it's Sept.? We're coming for the Oct. 21st party. I'd be curious if guest dress up closer to Halloween. I hate to haul it in the luggage if we'd look out of place. Course, half the crowd is wearing ears.
Yes many people wear costumes. You won’t look out of place.

My complaint about the music is that it was so loud!

We also got these and grapes, Pirate’s Booty, Sun Chips, freeze dried apples, and Goldfish pretzels and regular goldfish.

I asked if I wanted the non candy treat. They were always very happy to give it to me.

We also got these and grapes, Pirate’s Booty, Sun Chips, freeze dried apples, and Goldfish pretzels and regular goldfish.

I asked if I wanted the non candy treat. They were always very happy to give it to me.
We always ask, too, and CMs have usually been quite happy to supply us with the non-candy treats -- keeps DH's lunch bag well supplied with snacks for weeks after any Halloween Party!

And yes, parade package is standing room only. It seemed full on Thirsday and was extremely xhaotic because it's so close to the Kingdon Hearts meet. That line was out of control.

I stopped by DCA this morning. The pins were available, but no sign of the other OBB merchandise (at least not at the BVS stores). So they might only be putting it out on party nights.

(Update: The pins were no longer available by mid-afternoon. So having them out this morning might have been a glitch.)

I saw in another thread that someone saw the pins in the morning and asked to purchase and CM said they weren’t supposed to sell them outside of the party but made an exception since they were on display....

Makes me think they are starting to sell party exclusive merchandise at the parties only which is nice. I’m excited to get a pin and the ornament! We leave in one week!

So excited for the party! A few quick questions.

When is the best time to do the villain treat trails? Was there an average wait time for those throughout the night?

With now a few parties underway, did any characters change from one party to the next?

Same ? about parade route --- does it always start near Paradise Gardens, or change?

How's the line for the 3-villain meet & greet near Grizzly River Run?

Does your ticket give you MaxPass for the hours prior to the official party start time?

Does Incredicoaster and Fun Wheel stop operating during World of Color?

Thank you! 🎃

Chiming in with some questions of my own before our party tomorrow!

Has anybody here waited in the Kingdom Hearts line? How long did you wait and when did you get in line? Thinking this should probably be one of the first things we do, but not sure if I want to commit to jumping in the line right at 2 PM.

So excited for the party! A few quick questions.

When is the best time to do the villain treat trails? Was there an average wait time for those throughout the night?

With now a few parties underway, did any characters change from one party to the next?

Same ? about parade route --- does it always start near Paradise Gardens, or change?

How's the line for the 3-villain meet & greet near Grizzly River Run?

Does your ticket give you MaxPass for the hours prior to the official party start time?

Does Incredicoaster and Fun Wheel stop operating during World of Color?

Thank you! 🎃
I don’t know all of these, but here’s what I do know:
I think you can do the villain treat trails anytime, but don’t waste time waiting for a trail that isn’t open yet at the beginning. The lines move fast, though. For lighting/photography purposes, keep in mind that Maleficent, the Wicked Queen, and the Mad Hatter are all outside.

Parade always starts back by the pier.

The 3-villain line is one of the longer ones. But you meet three characters, sooo...

Chiming in with some questions of my own before our party tomorrow!

Has anybody here waited in the Kingdom Hearts line? How long did you wait and when did you get in line? Thinking this should probably be one of the first things we do, but not sure if I want to commit to jumping in the line right at 2 PM.
The party characters aren’t out until the party starts, so getting in line at 2 PM wouldn’t be possible.
We watched the parade right by their M&G, which shuts down for the parade - so watching from there and then hopping in line might be an idea?

The party characters aren’t out until the party starts, so getting in line at 2 PM wouldn’t be possible.

Thanks for the details.

At the WDW parties, people line up for almost all the characters well before they appear. (Lines for Jack and Sally routinely start by 2:00pm.) Is it your experience that they don't have/allow this at Disneyland?

I also was planning to get in the villains line well before the party.

We watched the parade right by their M&G, which shuts down for the parade - so watching from there and then hopping in line might be an idea?

Huh, good to know! Like Love Tink, my only previous Halloween party experience was at WDW where I remember jumping into the Jack and Sally line very, very early. But in this case, what you suggested about the parade might be a good idea! Was planning on skipping the first WOC showing anyway and hitting up the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!