• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they do anything at the hotels or DTD ON Halloween itself? My friend missed out buying tickets to the party on 10/31 and was wondering if there are any alternatives for trick or treating for her kids. I thought the hotels maybe did a little in the past so I thought I’d ask here.

Do they do anything at the hotels or DTD ON Halloween itself? My friend missed out buying tickets to the party on 10/31 and was wondering if there are any alternatives for trick or treating for her kids. I thought the hotels maybe did a little in the past so I thought I’d ask here.
If your friend will be staying on site, she should have the chance to buy tickets to the 10/31 party first thing in the morning on the 31st. So there's that option. I remember reading about something at the hotels, too -- hopefully someone who participated last year will post here.

Yes, everything is up when Halloweentime begins on the 6th.

Occasionally a few food/merch items don’t get in stock until later, but as far as decorations and rides, they start when the season kicks off.

Thank you! We have literally been wanting to see Halloween in Disneyland for 15 years, and this is the first time school hasn't conflicted so we can make the trip!

Ordered costume pieces for DH and I today for the 10/6 party. We're doing lightweight, disney bounding ish costumes - Ariel (land version) and Eric. My favorite part is the absolutely enormous blue bow I ordered from Etsy. I've loved Ariel's giant blue bow in that scene since I was 4 years old... :) We've never worn costumes, even bounding ones, inside Disney parks, so this is a whole new world...(oops, wrong movie). Excited.

Well I’m 3 weeks out. Still feels like forever but we’re getting excited. I’m curious how many go to the parties for the actual party or the shorter ride lines. We’re trying for both lol

Well I’m 3 weeks out. Still feels like forever but we’re getting excited. I’m curious how many go to the parties for the actual party or the shorter ride lines. We’re trying for both lol

Same! We're going for the party experience, but we also learned on our recent WDW trip that we love night events with lower crowds and shorter lines! This is our first time doing a hard ticket event at DLR.

I like that the parties are more laid back than a regular Disney day. People seem less rushed since they aren’t being smothered by crowds or facing long waits.
This year I think I’m going to focus more on the party specific things. Last 2 years I went with my aunt and she loves the rides. She isn’t a fan of characters or shows (except fireworks), so I haven’t seen much of the entrainment options. I’ve never even seen the headless horseman walk :( She isn’t coming with me this year so I’m going to take advantage and do what I want haha. I have a pass so I can do the rides whenever

I like that the parties are more laid back than a regular Disney day. People seem less rushed since they aren’t being smothered by crowds or facing long waits.
This year I think I’m going to focus more on the party specific things. Last 2 years I went with my aunt and she loves the rides. She isn’t a fan of characters or shows (except fireworks), so I haven’t seen much of the entrainment options. I’ve never even seen the headless horseman walk :( She isn’t coming with me this year so I’m going to take advantage and do what I want haha. I have a pass so I can do the rides whenever
I love the rides but the characters and parade at a Halloween party are the BEST! I have been know to catch the parade for both showings.

Since the party is at DCA this year, I'll be focused more on the party than the rides I do believe.

Will there be fastpass the 3 hours prior to the party/during? Can you add maxpass for pictures?

GOTHIC ROSIE JUST POSTED THAT DINING PACKAGES FOR THE PARADE WERE RELEASED AND SOON FOR WOC!!!
Sooooo, does this mean there may still be a dessert party for Villainous WoC? Or is that definitely out? Don’t really want to want to spend party time at a dining reservation. Maybe I’m confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter