Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does MaxPass operate during the Halloween parties? We haven't done a Halloween Party since MaxPass has become a thing...
Did anyone use MaxPass during a HP last year?

TIA! :-)

If I recall MaxPass does not... but I believe it stops when the official party stops, not when they start to let party people in a couple hours early.

Does MaxPass operate during the Halloween parties? We haven't done a Halloween Party since MaxPass has become a thing...

From what I’ve read the crowds aren’t as crazy and maybe they won’t be necessary? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is there any pattern to the nights that sell out and crowds in either park that day, or the day after?

I understand that this year is sort of unknown with the move to DCA, but I saw that the Thursday night of our trip sold out (Oct. 10) and I'm wondering if that means the Friday/weekend after will be super crowded.
It's also Columbus Day on Monday Oct 14 (our departure day) which I don't think is a day off for most?

We have our tickets for the Sunday Oct 13 party, but again, just wondering what a sold out party during our stay may mean about the overall crowd size during that time.

thanks in advance!

Columbus Day Weekend is usually pretty crowded in the parks and MHP dates for that weekend in the past have sold out. Don't know what that means for 10/10, but expect the weekend in general to be busy in both parks.

Is there any pattern to the nights that sell out and crowds in either park that day, or the day after?

I understand that this year is sort of unknown with the move to DCA, but I saw that the Thursday night of our trip sold out (Oct. 10) and I'm wondering if that means the Friday/weekend after will be super crowded.
It's also Columbus Day on Monday Oct 14 (our departure day) which I don't think is a day off for most?

We have our tickets for the Sunday Oct 13 party, but again, just wondering what a sold out party during our stay may mean about the overall crowd size during that time.

thanks in advance!
Columbus weekend is always bad. I'm not sure how common Columbus day breaks are, but I know in Arizona it is called "Fall Break", and it brings big crowds. Just prepare for big crowds in October

thanks in advance!
Pretty much all of the parties will sell out, so a sold-out party isn’t really indicative of anything.

As mentioned by others, Columbus Day weekend (and mid-October in general) has been very crowded for the past few years. You can still have a great time, but be prepared for HIGH crowds.

No I don’t think so but you won’t need it. Wait times are super short since there are a limited number of people and a lot choose to do other party specific things

Call the ticket line ASAP. Usually when tickets sell out online, they are still available by phone for a few more days. Don't wait if you know that is the date you want/need.
I called this morning, but they were all gone. However, the cast member did suggest trying back in a few days and that there may be the possibility of them opening more tickets up. I'm hoping that means more party days, that way each party isn't super crowded. But I think it's more likely that they'll just overstuff each party. . .

So I know people said Hyper Space Mountain will be sticking around and we wont be getting Ghost Galaxy, but hyperspace is going down for refurb the same exact day as HM for its NBC overlay...... aug 26th-28th. so Im hoping either we get regular back or ghost galaxy

Attachments

• 68530429_2614280338604123_1210828955225948160_n.jpg
    68530429_2614280338604123_1210828955225948160_n.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
We will be there on Halloween night but won't have party tickets. Looks like the estimate for sunset on the 31st will be at 6:00pm (according to timeanddate.com). Just curious how they start kicking out non-party guests? I was hoping to try to catch the lighting ceremony at Carsland before heading back to our room at the GCH (and would head straight back to the room after the ceremony). Will this even be possible, or will we be kicked out before we can watch the lighting ceremony?

We will be there on Halloween night but won't have party tickets. Looks like the estimate for sunset on the 31st will be at 6:00pm (according to timeanddate.com). Just curious how they start kicking out non-party guests? I was hoping to try to catch the lighting ceremony at Carsland before heading back to our room at the GCH (and would head straight back to the room after the ceremony). Will this even be possible, or will we be kicked out before we can watch the lighting ceremony?
what ever the hard start time for the party is slated for is when CM's will start nudging guests to leave. I believe the change over ceremony your referring to is when Oogie comes on the speakers and takes over the whole park, its usually around 5 ish-5:45 and it was barely starting to get dark if I recall, wayyyy before actual sunset

Just saw the food and super excited. We did Christmas food last November and have never been there for Halloween

Can’t wait for Halloween food. Will NO cafe have pumpkin spice beignets?

Just saw the food and super excited. We did Christmas food last November and have never been there for Halloween

Can’t wait for Halloween food. Will NO cafe have pumpkin spice beignets?

mint julep bar had halloween themed ones last year, I suspect they will again

So I know people said Hyper Space Mountain will be sticking around and we wont be getting Ghost Galaxy, but hyperspace is going down for refurb the same exact day as HM for its NBC overlay...... aug 26th-28th. so Im hoping either we get regular back or ghost galaxy

There is another thread about the HSM "mini refurb". These seemingly random dates have been rescheduled several times (they were originally scheduled for last week) and are likely not related to GG. Even when they do GG the ride usually only goes down for a day or so right before Halloweentime starts so it wouldn't be until early September...

Assuming they follow the same procedure as DL did, starting at 6:00 pm (when the party official starts and the park "closes" for the day), CMs will form check points across the walkways, at store entrances, and at attraction lines. They'll ask to see your wristband and if you don't have one, they'll ask you to please head towards the front of the park (in this case, Buena Vista Street). Assuming you're already in Carsland before 6:00 pm, you should be okay to see the lighting ceremony (assuming they do it on party nights). After it ends, you won't be able to enter any of the shops (except maybe on BVS) or get into attraction lines. Eventually they'll start asking to see wristbands of guests that are just standing or sitting around the parks (e.g., along the parade route), but that doesn't happen right away.

9/22 just sold out too, which is unfortunate, because that was my plan B. I was going to book it last night, but I figured I'd follow that cast member I talked to advice about waiting a few days and trying again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter