Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land?

I want to know this too. The only theater I know is the old Muppet Vision 3-D theater. And I thought PhilharMagic was starting in that theater soon. Would they switch it out for Halloween.

And I'm sorry, but I will not pay those prices for a party at DCA. With no fireworks? No way. I paid to go to 2 parties in 2017 and 2 in 2018, but I'm done.

So interesting: no parkhopping, no Friday parties, no midnight closing. And the WOC viewing area holds about 4000 people per show, and that's with mediocre-to-poor viewing for at least half or more of the audience. When many in that audience will be wearing costumes that include large wigs/hats/crowns/etc., how will that affect viewing? And how many shows will they run per party? Just one? Because that's a huge chunk of party time to get a good viewing spot...

I figured it would be moving to DCA this year but the ticket prices are higher than I thought they would be. We mainly did rides and a few treat trails during the parties, so there's just not enough value in that park for us. Oh well, saves us a bunch not going!

Okay, so they've increased the prices, but removed park hopping? Not that the PH option mattered for me with my AP I've always had when I've gone, but good grief! They're not adding anything too spectacular to make up for what's being lost.

Moving to DCA is definitely not a surprise, though. I would have been surprised if it had stayed at DL.

Unless i missed it, it also looks like they got rid of the park-hopping ability with party tickets this year.
I'm not the least bit surprised. That was to try and minimize the impact of crowds on DL, the most heavily attended of the 2 parks. With the party exclusively at DCA, they sure don't want to overflow any more than needed into DL, especially with SWL opening this year.

It’s kind of sad it moved to DCA, for us at least. I think with that news along with the takeaway of the fireworks portion of the party (since it’s over in DCA now), we’ll probably skip this year. Just doesn’t seem to justify the increased costs. Bummer, but oh well.

Last edited:
Also, for anyone wondering where the Disney theater is, it’s the building to the right just inside Hollywood land where they currently have the Disney Junior show.
Interesting...I've only been in there once and if I recall, there is almost no seating and it's not a very big space. I guess given that the Mickey's Treat Show is geared for little ones, it makes sense to use the Disney Junior theater.

Given that the party has moved to DCA this year, I'm not surprised either that they've eliminated the ability to park hop for the overlap period (it's three hours on Tue/Thu parties and four yours for Sun and the last two parties).

They've also explicitly stated that online and mobile ticket purchasing will not be available on the day of the events.
Quote: "Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event. Parking is not included in the ticket price, and parking fees will apply."

I think I’m in the minority here, but I’m excited about a lot of these new additions. They’ve really done a great job with all of the Halloween theming they’ve added to DCA these last few years and I can’t wait to see what they have planned for the immersive treat trails and Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

I love WOC and am super excited for the new party-exclusive show. I really hope they do a Halloween themed dessert party for it. The prices definitely increased more than I expected them to though. Are we thinking Halloween Screams might just be shown at Disneyland on certain nights for all guests? If so, that would be awesome!

We’re arriving at the resort 10/8, wasn’t planning anything that night as we have been to a few Halloween parties over the years. This changes things a little...

I can’t find pricing anywhere - has that been announced yet?

I think I’m in the minority here, but I’m excited about a lot of these new additions. They’ve really done a great job with all of the Halloween theming they’ve added to DCA these last few years and I can’t wait to see what they have planned for the immersive treat trails and Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

I love WOC and am super excited for the new party-exclusive show. I really hope they do a Halloween themed dessert party for it. The prices definitely increased more than I expected them to though. Are we thinking Halloween Screams might just be shown at Disneyland on certain nights for all guests? If so, that would be awesome!
The party still sounds fun! Just different and a lot of changes. If I decide to not go this year, I’ll follow along and see how it is. And then maybe go next year! Disney is great at holidays so I have no doubt this will be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter