Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like WOC for non Oogie nights for September was released this morning. Getting closer!
You would think that they would most definitely release dining and WOC dessert parties for party nights. They always did at DL. It's like the wait is killing me...lol I really want to reserve the dessert party...

Bounding is not a full costume. It is clothes that suggest a character but not a full costume.
So, I was thinking about wearing part of an old Han Solo costume I have when we go to Oga's cantina. Would it be okay to wear just the shirt and vest with a pair of skinny jeans, brown belt, and black ankle boots? (I have pants and boots that go with the costume, but I wouldn't wear those). The shirt is just a long sleeve polo that I altered a bit to look more like Han's shirt, but the vest is pretty much a replica of the one Han wears in A New Hope.

So, I was thinking about wearing part of an old Han Solo costume I have when we go to Oga's cantina. Would it be okay to wear just the shirt and vest with a pair of skinny jeans, brown belt, and black ankle boots? (I have pants and boots that go with the costume, but I wouldn't wear those). The shirt is just a long sleeve polo that I altered a bit to look more like Han's shirt, but the vest is pretty much a replica of the one Han wears in A New Hope.
You’ll be fine; I’ve seen lots of people pretty much wearing Han’s exact outfit because they’re all fairly normal pieces of clothing.

Is it normal that it seems no fireworks are yet listed for any of the dates in September where they have posted hours? They're almost up to the point of our trip for hours, and I'm dying to know if we are going to be able to see the Halloween fireworks show. How long are we going to have to wait to find out????? (That last part is mostly rhetorical, but seriously, is this how they normally do the scheduling?)

Is it normal that it seems no fireworks are yet listed for any of the dates in September where they have posted hours? They're almost up to the point of our trip for hours, and I'm dying to know if we are going to be able to see the Halloween fireworks show. How long are we going to have to wait to find out????? (That last part is mostly rhetorical, but seriously, is this how they normally do the scheduling?)
Normal. Entertainment schedules are often only posted a month or so in advance; they’re almost always pretty late when a new season is starting or changes are being made.

Im just hoping that “select nights” doesn’t mean weekends. Both my DW and DS are big NMBC fans and I hope they get to see “Halloween Screams” in full glory.

Im just hoping that “select nights” doesn’t mean weekends. Both my DW and DS are big NMBC fans and I hope they get to see “Halloween Screams” in full glory.
I think that’s how it was last year. I could be wrong though. Despite the big crowds October is considered off season. So fireworks and fantasmic is on weekends. Halloween screams has really cool projections so they could potentially just do those on weekdays then the whole thing on weekends

Does anyone know if the Grand Californian sets aside special event tickets for hotel guests? I'm staying there from Oct 31.-Nov. 4 ands I need one more ticket to the halloween bash on the 31st but I just saw it sold out :( Do you think there's anyway for me to get one?

I'm not sure if this is still happening, but I heard a few years ago that if you were a GCH guest there were a small number of tickets you could get on the day of the Halloween Bash you wanted to attend but they were available on a first come, first served basis and people were in line for them very early in the morning.

I'm not sure if this is still happening, but I heard a few years ago that if you were a GCH guest there were a small number of tickets you could get on the day of the Halloween Bash you wanted to attend but they were available on a first come, first served basis and people were in line for them very early in the morning.

Two years ago I was able to get a couple tickets to same day (sold out) Halloween party since I was staying at the DLH. It’s a resort perk...

I think they go on sale 6am or 7am and there usually is a line...

Two years ago I was able to get a couple tickets to same day (sold out) Halloween party since I was staying at the DLH. It’s a resort perk...

I think they go on sale 6am or 7am and there usually is a line...

This gives me a smidge of hope for our friend who waited too long. When we check in a few days before the party I’ll ask if this is still a thing. Fingers crossed!

Wow! I had no idea that Fantasmic was only on weekends in October. That threw a big wrench in our plans.
Also I think this is partly why weekends during October are brutal crowd wise. Outside of the Halloween offerings, people opt to go then to get full hours and entertainment.

Not trying to throw a wrench in your plans. Just want you to be prepared for that time of the year and what to expect. Especially since Disneyland doesn’t post entertainment calendars until the last minute.

Out of sheer ignorance I thought Fantasmic was a nightly show. And sadly we are there Monday-Friday.
WOC is pretty much a nightly show all year round...
Fantasmic generally does not show Mon-Thur during what Disney refers to as non-peak times.

When we went November Fantasmic was only a Friday - Sunday show. I believe that’s how it is during the “off season”

This gives me a smidge of hope for our friend who waited too long. When we check in a few days before the party I’ll ask if this is still a thing. Fingers crossed!
Has your friend called the ticket line directly? Have her at least give it a try ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter