Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind them bringing back some old treats but bring back the good ones. The Coco cake, the Sally coffin cake, the spider chicken pot pie are wonderful treats they could bring back from years past. But the treats in the announcement is the stuff people didn't care for last year. I don't get Disney somtimes. It seems as if they are doing there best to sabotage the Halloween party this year.

Last edited:
Hi all...planning an October trip, but not 100% committed at this point. IF we go, we will def want to attend the Halloween party. I'm caught between "tickets are not refundable" and "tickets may sell out". How late is likely too late to buy tickets for an early October weeknight party? TIA!

Hi all...planning an October trip, but not 100% committed at this point. IF we go, we will def want to attend the Halloween party. I'm caught between "tickets are not refundable" and "tickets may sell out". How late is likely too late to buy tickets for an early October weeknight party? TIA!
I'd watch for when tickets start to sell out for any of the parties. It should get announced on these boards. In past years, Disneyland has sold out all the dates in advance, but this year it may not be selling as fast with it being at DCA only. Also the days were switched, so no more Friday nights, which may deter some people. So we really don't know for certain when they will sell out this year.

Looks like three parties are sold out now- September 26th and 29th as well as Halloween. If anyone hasn’t already purchased their party tickets, now is the time to do it. Once a few parties sell out, it always seems to start a domino effect.

I don't mind them bringing back some old treats but bring back the good ones. The Coco cake, the Sally coffin cake, the spider chicken pot pie are wonderful treats they could bring back from tears past. But the treats in the announcement is the stuff people didn't care for last year. I don't get Disney somtimes. It seems as if they are doing there best to sabotage the Halloween party this year.

100% agree. I'm surprised they brought back the sweet potato thing. The churro cake was amazing and I loved the churro sundae from last year. Oh and the mummy macaron was amazing as well.

Agree with the pp that now is the time to start watching the party dates closely -- the domino effect has begun, albeit slowly. 9/29 and 10/31 were not sold out just a few days ago and are sold out online now. BUT, major caveat here, be very sure about your party date/s before purchasing your tickets. Disney is not joking about the tickets being non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale. Once you buy them, the tickets are yours! (And we've had stories e.v.e.r.y. year from people who bought tickets for the wrong date, wrong number of people, wrong coast -- WDW instead of DLR! -- etc. -- so, please be mindful when you purchase!)

Last edited:
So last year, I went to Halloween time at Disneyland and California Adventure, and when I went to Disneyland's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland they had a new pasta Halloween themed dish but the server said it wouldn't be available until the middle of October? When yet everything else Halloween related, merchandise, other treats and food items were, so when is the BEST time to go?

Does anyone know if the Grand Californian sets aside special event tickets for hotel guests? I'm staying there from Oct 31.-Nov. 4 ands I need one more ticket to the halloween bash on the 31st but I just saw it sold out :( Do you think there's anyway for me to get one?

Does anyone know if the Grand Californian sets aside special event tickets for hotel guests? I'm staying there from Oct 31.-Nov. 4 ands I need one more ticket to the halloween bash on the 31st but I just saw it sold out :( Do you think there's anyway for me to get one?
Call the ticket sales line asap. Usually when tickets sell out online, they are still available by phone for a few days longer.

@jacobzking: Can you update the first post by crossing out the sold out party dates (9/26, 9/29, 10/31) so people know which ones are still left? That number is going to get smaller -- don't know how quickly. Thank you!

Thank you for this advice!! I just got off the ticket phone line and managed to snag two of the last tickets for Sept 29, even though it said they were sold out on-line!! :thanks:
So glad this worked for you! We always tell people here that when their party date sells out online, hit the phone line pronto! That is a legitimate way to get tickets to a sold out party, but you have to move fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter