Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're following the same pattern as MHP, then the party merchandise will be available all day to anyone who wants it. I think they held off on putting the merchandise out until the day of the first party, but they didn't pull it after the party ended that evening. This included the pins and other LE items.

Wow! We are going the 29th and I hope there will still be some of the more popular items available.

Wow! We are going the 29th and I hope there will still be some of the more popular items available.
If they sell any of this at the Disney store online I would buy it if I were you. I usually go the 3rd week and most things are gone by then. The last two years I bought our trick or treat bags online because they didn't have them three years back and I like to get one each year.

If they sell any of this at the Disney store online I would buy it if I were you. I usually go the 3rd week and most things are gone by then. The last two years I bought our trick or treat bags online because they didn't have them three years back and I like to get one each year.
Piggybacking on what she is saying! If any Halloween items are available online, and you want them, get them!!! That piece of advice saved me my first year going. And the years after I’ve seen many people who go to the later parties upset that things are sold out! Holidays are a prime time for resellers and they come out in full force at the beginning of the season.

For the items that don’t get put online, I hope one day Disneyland makes them party exclusive. That way they won’t sell out so fast.

Piggybacking on what she is saying! If any Halloween items are available online, and you want them, get them!!! That piece of advice saved me my first year going. And the years after I’ve seen many people who go to the later parties upset that things are sold out! Holidays are a prime time for resellers and they come out in full force at the beginning of the season.

For the items that don’t get put online, I hope one day Disneyland makes them party exclusive. That way they won’t sell out so fast.
WDW has party exclusives, not sure why DL doesn't.:(

I’ve read where the these parties usually have smaller crowds. How many tickets to the usually sell and how crazy does it get. It’s early but my night 24th hasn’t sold out yet

I’m not sure if they will run it on no party nights, seems to me they would, but not sure. But also, don’t use the calendar as the final guide at this point. It’s missing all the entertainment things right now and that’s not all that unusual with more than 30 days out. I’ll cross my fingers for you. I know how much I look forward to WoC on our trips.

Thanks so much - this gives me a little hope! I don’t know why they release park hours 1.5 months ahead but only release show schedules a month ahead! Weird! Anyway I will cross my fingers. I’m also hoping it does happen it’s seems very stingy of Disney to only offer WOC 3 nights a week during Sept/Oct!

I’ve read where the these parties usually have smaller crowds. How many tickets to the usually sell and how crazy does it get. It’s early but my night 24th hasn’t sold out yet
Disney has never official released crowd numbers for the party, so we only really have anecdotal evidence to go on. Over in DLR, almost all of the parties sold out and crowds felt variable depending on what people are used to/expecting. My general feeling was the it was similar to a light-to-moderate crowd day. The once or twice only per night things always seemed busy (e.g., fireworks, parade), but the ride lines could be pretty short (other than HMH and SMGG). It's hard to say what it'll be like in DCA, where things generally feel less busy anyway than in DL because of wider walkways.

When you say the 29th, do you mean September 29th or October 29th? If you're going in October, I wouldn't count on there being much left, especially with regards to the LE items. This would be applicable to both the party items and general HalloweenTime items.

I know above 14 you can’t wear a mask or one that covers your whole face but can I paint my face like skeletons in COCO?

The Disney Food Blog has a preview of some of the Halloween treats for 2019 and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. A number of last years treats are coming back this year but none of the really good ones. With the party leaving Disneyland they really need to step up their game this year so this is not a good start. Hopefully things improve later this month.

The Disney Food Blog has a preview of some of the Halloween treats for 2019 and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. A number of last years treats are coming back this year but none of the really good ones. With the party leaving Disneyland they really need to step up their game this year so this is not a good start. Hopefully things improve later this month.
Would you mind posting the link? I couldn’t find that information on my own.

On the one hand I'm a little disappointed in what we've seen so far as snacks and food go, but on the other hand I don't have to expand my already too long list of things I MUST try, so maybe it's a good thing? I do think we'll try that Caramel Apple smoothie though, it sounds good and if it's hot, that'll be a good treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter