Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep asking about ride closures during OBB... As far as ride closures... there's not a ton of rides in DCA lol, so I'd imagine just about everything stays open.
Some rides on the pier close for WoC, and there will be a WoC show during OBB, so I wouldn't necessarily count on everything staying open. (And I hate to say it, but with staffing and budget cutbacks, there's no guarantee anything not announced will be open for an after hours event). Would like some clarity from an official source.

I'm wondering if anyone knows or can make an educated guess about whether they will show World of Color at DCA nights that the Oogie Boogie Party ISN'T on?? We are heading to Disneyland Resort in October and have not seen WOC since 2013 and I SOOOO wanted to see it. But I'm not willing to pay the price for the DCA party just to see a Halloween version of it. I'm nervous because the dates they've just released hours for September seem to indicate that no World of Color is scheduled at all!! This is soooo frustrating if this is the case!

I'm wondering if anyone knows or can make an educated guess about whether they will show World of Color at DCA nights that the Oogie Boogie Party ISN'T on?? We are heading to Disneyland Resort in October and have not seen WOC since 2013 and I SOOOO wanted to see it. But I'm not willing to pay the price for the DCA party just to see a Halloween version of it. I'm nervous because the dates they've just released hours for September seem to indicate that no World of Color is scheduled at all!! This is soooo frustrating if this is the case!

I’m not sure if they will run it on no party nights, seems to me they would, but not sure. But also, don’t use the calendar as the final guide at this point. It’s missing all the entertainment things right now and that’s not all that unusual with more than 30 days out. I’ll cross my fingers for you. I know how much I look forward to WoC on our trips.

If you read the description the WOC is specific to the Oogie Boogie Bash and will only be shown on party nights

If you read the description the WOC is specific to the Oogie Boogie Bash and will only be shown on party nights

Yes, this version definitely. I don’t know if it’s even possible to run different versions on different nights but it seems nuts for them only run it on party nights. They lose so much on dining packages and the dessert party if they don’t run it daily.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I've been wondering the same thing. Since the show is controlled with computers, theoretically it shouldn't be that hard to switch from Halloween WOC on party days to normal WOC on non-party days. Unless I'm making it sound easier than it is, just load the appropriate show file for the appropriate day.

I read there may be a oogie boogie sipper and or popcorn bucket but only for AP’s, super bummed if that’s the case

I read there may be a oogie boogie sipper and or popcorn bucket but only for AP’s, super bummed if that’s the case

I had it wrong - speculation is for a popcorn bucket, not a sipper as of yet. My understanding is that nothing is for sure at this point on AP only items.

I read that there will be no party exclusive merchandise. There’s no way that’s right right? The items that specifically say OBB should only be available at the parties right?

I love the Oogie ears and I NEED an OBB pin. The sipper looks cute but I already have the Oogie popcorn bucket. I’m excited to see what the new bucket will be. Hopefully it’s not Oogie for the 3rd year in a row!!

I'm wondering if anyone knows or can make an educated guess about whether they will show World of Color at DCA nights that the Oogie Boogie Party ISN'T on??
It is possible to run two different version of WoC on the same night; they've done it before (I think it might have been during the 60th at the holidays). That being said, I'm not sure that they'll present WoC outside of the party on party nights. Sunset is between 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm in September and October. With the party starting at 6:00 pm, that would mean they would need to present WoC before sunset on party nights if they wanted to get in a showing during normal operating hours.

I read that there will be no party exclusive merchandise. There’s no way that’s right right? The items that specifically say OBB should only be available at the parties right?
If they're following the same pattern as MHP, then the party merchandise will be available all day to anyone who wants it. I think they held off on putting the merchandise out until the day of the first party, but they didn't pull it after the party ended that evening. This included the pins and other LE items.

It is possible to run two different version of WoC on the same night; they've done it before (I think it might have been during the 60th at the holidays). That being said, I'm not sure that they'll present WoC outside of the party on party nights. Sunset is between 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm in September and October. With the party starting at 6:00 pm, that would mean they would need to present WoC before sunset on party nights if they wanted to get in a showing during normal operating hours.

Interesting! I knew someone would know! I don't expect them to run two shows on party night, that's a lot, but I'm hopeful they will still do the regular shows on non-party nights. It would be weird to have nothing those nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!