Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been an AP since 2010 and never attended one the Halloween parties when it was at Disneyland. Now that it's at DCA its funny how this year will be the first party I attend. I don't have kids but the main draw for me is the new WoC. But I think It'll still be fun taking in all the ambiance and getting on the big rides with low waits like Guardians Monsters after dark.

Respectfully disagree. The whole month of Oct is known to be very busy at Disneyland both weekdays and weekends since Fall Breaks have increased in popularity across the country. Tons of people will be able to attend Sun/Tues/Thurs party without living locally or pulling their kids out of school because of their Fall Breaks. Whether they chose to attend the party is another matter...

I think maybe you misunderstood me; I never said it wouldn't be crowded. I do agree with you that it will be packed like fall always is at DLR. I was just empathizing with the poster, @twodogs , who mentioned the schedule messing up their plans to attend the party because they personally don't want to pull their kids out of school.

My school district this year decided to schedule a fall break the first week of October. Which I'm not too upset about (some people are :rolleyes:) except that we scheduled our October trip for the weekend after and planned to have the kids miss two days of school! I'm holding off on buying party tickets until we figure out if we're going to change our dates or not.

The good thing about the first week of October, in general, not necessarily in terms of DLR, is that it doesn't touch Columbus Day, which seems to be when a lot of places schedule their breaks. Less people off that week.

With the crowds at Oogie Boogie’s do you guys think it is worth it to do the WoC Dessert Party the night of the party or better to do it a night with out OBB?

seeing as the OBB variant will be the special villains variant and regular woc on non party days, Id recommend doing the dessert package or Carthay circle dinner if they offer it for the party. They havent officially announced it yet but I wouldnt be suprised if the do something similar to blue bayous special dinner party like last years Halloween party for carthay.

Halloween screams is going nightly with fireworks on select nights.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...neyland-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q4wo0704190025A

I'm so excited about this! I've never gotten to see it! It might help me cope with the fact that nothing DLR is publishing is mentioning the Ghost Galaxy overlay, which probably means it's not happening...I know that's not a popular overlay on these boards, but it's my and DH's favorite.

A question I have from this - how different is GotG Monsters After Dark from Mission Breakout? We haven't been since the switch from ToT, and I'm a little bummed about missing the normal ride. I'm sure it's still good, though, especially since we are big GotG fans. Just curious. :)

Last edited:
With the crowds at Oogie Boogie’s do you guys think it is worth it to do the WoC Dessert Party the night of the party or better to do it a night with out OBB?

I don't think it will be that crowded at DCA with the parties this year. They are all on school nights so that cuts out a lot of families and I think that will thin the crowds out for the parties this year.

I'm so excited about this! I've never gotten to see it! It might help me cope with the fact that nothing DLR is publishing is mentioning the Ghost Galaxy overlay, which probably means it's not happening...I know that's not a popular overlay on these boards, but it's my and DH's favorite.

A question I have from this - how different is GotG Monsters After Dark from Mission Breakout? We haven't been since the switch from ToT, and I'm a little bummed about missing the normal ride. I'm sure it's still good, though.

I’m 100% with you when it comes to the fireworks and ghost galaxy. Never seen this version of fireworks in person. The fact that they’re still offering special Halloween experiences in Disneyland gives me hope that they’ll bring ghost galaxy back.

A question I have from this - how different is GotG Monsters After Dark from Mission Breakout? We haven't been since the switch from ToT, and I'm a little bummed about missing the normal ride. I'm sure it's still good, though, especially since we are big GotG fans. Just curious. :)

The GOTG overlay is only after, 3pm?, I believe. So you could still ride the regular GOTG during the day and then the monster version at night.

The GOTG overlay is only after, 3pm?, I believe. So you could still ride the regular GOTG during the day and then the monster version at night.
Its 3 or 5pm if I recall. During the day, at least in past years, it was the regular ride during the morning and early afternoon.

Its 3 or 5pm if I recall. During the day, at least in past years, it was the regular ride during the morning and early afternoon.

Oh! I didn't realize they could switch the overlay that quickly - not like GG for Space then, and definitely not like the HM overlay. Great! I'm excited to ride both versions! Thanks. :)

It’s starts at 5pm. The ride goes down at 4pm to switch over. It’s a very fast change over. The first year they started the after dark fp distribution at 3pm, but last year it just ran through so if you got a time for after 5pm then it was for after dark.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...-galaxy-not-returning-to-disneyland-for-2019/
Well for those of us who were wondering about ghost galaxy..... not this year 😢

NOOOOOOO!

That's super disappointing. :( UGH! SM (at DLR, not WDW - important distinction) is my favorite ride, and GG is my favorite overlay. What a bummer.

I guess that means we're getting Hyperspace? That overlay is ok, but I'd rather have the original, given a choice between those 2.

Thanks for sharing, though.

It's funny how quickly that happens, isn't it?! :)
I just had so much fun! Plus I have a feeling my fall schedule I'll be very busy and may not be at the parks as much like last year. So this could be one of my few chances to do something Halloween related at Disneyland. And if crowds are heavy, I can have a little relief. Last year I only went twice during the whole Halloween season and one of those was at the party.

NOOOOOOO!

That's super disappointing. :( UGH! SM (at DLR, not WDW - important distinction) is my favorite ride, and GG is my favorite overlay. What a bummer.

I guess that means we're getting Hyperspace? That overlay is ok, but I'd rather have the original, given a choice between those 2.

Thanks for sharing, though.

Yea I prefer the overlays as well but by the fall Hyperspace will be in its 6th month of operation so I wouldn’t be surprised if the original returned by then

Did I miss in the new release if the Descendents dance party is still going on? I respect how tasteless I sound asking. I don’t think Disney’s ever been in this spot (explaining /handling death) before with something targeting kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter