Halloween Party - announcement in 2018 or 2019?

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I currently have a trip scheduled for what would have been the first days of the 2020 Halloween Party (mid August) - now I am trying to decide whether to keep that trip and hope that they have a halloween party or schedule one for late June.

Prior to last year (they announced the parties really early) when did they usually announce the parties? When did they announce the Halloween party in 2018 or 2019?

In 2018 it was March that dates were announced and tickets went on sale. 2019 it was mid January. With the uncertainty of that time of year this year, I wouldn’t expect an announcement until May or June at the earliest.

I believe they announced early in 2019 as well.
2018 and prior I think it was mid/late March.

This year I bet they hold off until April to announce dates.

I get the felling that they will not have parties starting as early as they intended to in 2020.
I think we'll probably see a return to mid September this year and then next year starting it earlier.

LOL I just realized that as crowded as parties have been in years past and the ever increasing fees the main reason we kept going was to get our SOTMK party card. With the announcement of the cancellation of SOTMK I hadn't even thought about the party this year.

We’re also hoping for mid August S my teacher daughter would be able to attend her first Halloween party. 🙏🏻🎃

The parties won’t return until parade and fireworks can be performed. I’ll be surprised if they return this year.

I disagree. I think they're looking at every possible revenue stream to compensate for their losses.

I'm thinking it will be a smaller party with less entertainment choices, but for a fraction of the cost. Something along the lines of trick-or-treating, Halloween Cavalcades, etc. without the fireworks and stage show.

I currently have a trip scheduled for what would have been the first days of the 2020 Halloween Party (mid August) - now I am trying to decide whether to keep that trip and hope that they have a halloween party or schedule one for late June.

Prior to last year (they announced the parties really early) when did they usually announce the parties? When did they announce the Halloween party in 2018 or 2019?

I'm assuming you mean 2021. 😅

I don't expect Halloween parties this year. As much as WDW wants/needs more revenue, between social distancing, reduced bookings, budget/staffing cuts, reduced hours and the 50th Anniversary, I have a feeling Disney may not feel confident enough for August and September dates and October may prove full enough.

I think this is a serious wild card at this point. If they realize there's no way it's happening due to costs, staffing, capacity, etc., it's possible they announce tomorrow that there won't be Halloween party this year. But if they're really hoping to do it given last year's cancellation and the opportunity for the additional revenue, I think it's also possible they could delay the announcement wait until August to announce it for certain.

I doubt we will see Halloween parties this year. Remember they usually start in mid-August, and the Covid picture is still very cloudy for then.

The Christmas party, on the other hand, I think you’ll see them move heaven and earth to preserve.

I disagree. I think they're looking at every possible revenue stream to compensate for their losses.

I'm thinking it will be a smaller party with less entertainment choices, but for a fraction of the cost. Something along the lines of trick-or-treating, Halloween Cavalcades, etc. without the fireworks and stage show.
It cost money to staff and operate the attractions for the Halloween parties. They are not going to offer them at lower rates and reduced capacity.

If parks open capacity to the same amount of tix they usually sell for the party by august/sept I don’t see why they wouldn’t do it.. unless they are going to put all the focus on the 50th. I hope they have the party.. I’d still go even if it’s modified!

I’m really hoping for the Halloween party this year. We have a trip scheduled in late October and haven’t been to the party in years. I’m trying to remain at least at little optimistic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter