Halloween night - resort guests only?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Unfortunately we're not staying at the Fort this trip, but we were hoping to take the boat over to see some of the camper Halloween decorations! The best day for our schedule is Oct. 31st, but I'm wondering if that night may be restricted for non-resort guests. Any confirmation on this? Thank you!

Unfortunately we're not staying at the Fort this trip, but we were hoping to take the boat over to see some of the camper Halloween decorations! The best day for our schedule is Oct. 31st, but I'm wondering if that night may be restricted for non-resort guests. Any confirmation on this? Thank you!

You should be able to get in via Disney Transportation but definitely not via your own vehicle.

Reactions: CJK
No confirmation that you can't come, but they have also committed to letting in displaced campers who volunteered to give up their site due to overbooking (like me!). Compounding with those additional visitors, they may not be letting in additional non-resorts guests on top of that. They told me I would have to let the front desk know that we were there, although not really sure what difference it makes at that point. I'd say if you can find any other day in your plans to look at decorations you might have an easier time.

You should be able to get in via Disney Transportation but definitely not via your own vehicle.
To add, the odds of getting a golf cart are basically zero. Only resort guests are allowed to reserve them ahead of time, and there have been mixed reports of whether non-resort-guests are able to rent one same-day.

Someone posted a letter that was just given out which states unless you were listed on a reservation you would not be allowed in the whole week of Halloween- not sure where that would be checked though. I did hear that last year they were verifying all arrivals to the Fort through all transportation, and not allowing entry to those who weren’t registered as guests.

Someone posted a letter that was just given out which states unless you were listed on a reservation you would notice be allowed in the whole week of Halloween- not sure where that would be checked though. I did hear that last year they were verifying all arrivals to the Fort through all transportation, and not allowing entry to those who weren’t registered as guests.

This is why I'm very scared of how they will ensure the campers who voluntarily moved will get access, if they scan our bands we are staying at Saratoga Springs now. Gonna need some pixie dust and a lot of patience. :tink:

Thanks for the info! I think we'll have to miss it this year. I can understand the restriction. I hope everyone has a great Halloween!!

This is why I'm very scared of how they will ensure the campers who voluntarily moved will get access, if they scan our bands we are staying at Saratoga Springs now. Gonna need some pixie dust and a lot of patience. :tink:
I’m assuming you are listed as a “special guest” somewhere in their system. They would not have promised all those campers access without having a way to follow through- I can just imagine the mutiny! 😳

I’m assuming you are listed as a “special guest” somewhere in their system. They would not have promised all those campers access without having a way to follow through- I can just imagine the mutiny! 😳

For sure, I just have no faith in Disney IT :p I don't have a Facebook account, but stumbled on a post that wasn't locked to a private group that sounded like some people had their reservations cancelled altogether, with some compensation.

This was left ion my door on Monday evening. We were actually pulling in as the cast member was leaving our site. As many have said in the past, until Disney enforces it, it's just a piece of paper. We have camped at the Fort during Halloween several times and have always gotten a similar letter.
Steve

I can attest to the no parking, when i was there in 2019, the lot was full, overflow was the grass areas all the way in. Some campers were even parked there. It was full and no parking at all. That was in 2019. If its overbooked i can not imagine how it would look. Everyone came in for halloween and a lot of , i guess locals, had tent spots just so they could max out the 10 people for the night. They were all gone the next day.

Just drove back to the Fort after a day at AK. Pulled up to the guard house / main gate. My BIL (Mike) was asked for site # and a picture ID. He then asked my name and site # but not for a picture ID. He then wanted to know who was in the back seat. (Teresa and my sister Mindy). All I can say is WOW!. First time in all our Halloween stays that has happened. Maybe Disney is taking this year seriously.

Steve

Just drove back to the Fort after a day at AK. Pulled up to the guard house / main gate. My BIL (Mike) was asked for site # and a picture ID.

Steve

Steve, next time use the ol' Jedi mind trick on the guard.

giphy.gif

Do you plan to view, participate in, or skip the golf cart parade on the 30th?

Ed

Do you plan to view, participate in, or skip the golf cart parade on the 30th?
We do have a cart for our stay but will only be viewing. We are in site 406 which backs in towards Fort Wilderness Trail. We will take our chairs out to the sidewalk and enjoy everyone else's hard work and creativity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter