Hallowe'en Help Needed for Dancing Trees.

merfsko

DIS Veteran
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought that the creative DISers would probably be my best!

I'm not sure how many of you remember the sing-along video Disneyland Fun. One song is Grim Grinning Ghosts, which begins with these creepy trees doing some kind of interpretive dance:) Anyways, I came up with this idea to dress as the tree for Hallowe'en, since sitting by the front door waiting for trick-or-treaters is only interesting for a certain amount of time. Plus, my street is horrible when it comes to Hallowe'en and I'd love to spice it up a bit:thumbsup2

Problem? I have no idea where I would even begin.

Hopefully you guys can think of materials, methods and ways of me to make the costume a reality. I keep trying to think of a base or how to start, and am getting nowhere.

I've posted a link to a video of it for those of you who are not familair with the dancing trees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Nbc8iNbY4&feature=related

Thanks for anything and everything!

-merfsko

Get any kind of loungewear that allows easy movement (black).
Get a bunch of cheesecloth and dye it purple, gray & black. Attach cheesecloth to the outfit so it look slike the picture. You should be able to use dabs of fabric glue.

I'd need to think more on the head. Basically you'd want to start with a full face costume and modify it with the cheesecloth also.

Okay I looked at it again. I'd start with a party hat, lol!

A cone hat with the elastic band. Decorate with the cheesecloth - you'll want to pile some on in some spots to disguise the cone shape a bit. The cheese cloth should hang down to chest level, keeping it thinner over your face to see. You'll need to find big eyes somewhere or make them out of styrofoam - they should be adhered neck level.

Thank-You so much! This is exactly the help I needed!

I wish I was creative enough to come up with these ideas on my own, but... Well, there's a reason I have to plan out Hallowe'en two months in advance.:rolleyes1

Thanks again! This whole idea seem SO much more do-able now.:goodvibes

-merfsko

I was just looking a Oriental Trading - they are selling 'Creepy Cloth' that would be perfect - 8yds x 80" for $14.99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter