Halloween Cruise

LimoFam5

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever been on a DCL cruise during Halloween, I have been on a cruise around Halloween but never ok Halloween...what if anything special does DCL do?

I'm interested as well. We are booked on the magic over Halloween this year!

When we went on a cruise around Halloween they had trick or treat stations set up one night on the cruise... Did the fantasy at least do that?

LimoFam5 said:
When we went on a cruise around Halloween they had trick or treat stations set up one night on the cruise... Did the fantasy at least do that?

The Dream did not this year. We had to switch the CC day/sea day because of Sandy, though. So whereas Halloween should have fallen on a sea day, it was the CC day instead. That may have put a damper on their plans. There were CMs wandering around the Halloween party (up on the pool deck) dumping handfuls of candy into kids' bags, but no trick-or-treating. In fact, just yesterday my 8yo was lamenting the fact that her candy bag wasn't "filled to overflowing" (her words!) as usual when we are home. It's a long story involving it being a surprise cruise, but we will never do another Halloween cruise again. It just wasn't special enough for my kids. As in, they would rather have had the one big Halloween day at home than 4 on the ship. I think that's totally crazy, but Halloween is important to an 8yo and a 5yo I guess. Gotta have priorities! ;)

The Dream did not this year. We had to switch the CC day/sea day because of Sandy, though. So whereas Halloween should have fallen on a sea day, it was the CC day instead. That may have put a damper on their plans. There were CMs wandering around the Halloween party (up on the pool deck) dumping handfuls of candy into kids' bags, but no trick-or-treating. In fact, just yesterday my 8yo was lamenting the fact that her candy bag wasn't "filled to overflowing" (her words!) as usual when we are home. It's a long story involving it being a surprise cruise, but we will never do another Halloween cruise again. It just wasn't special enough for my kids. As in, they would rather have had the one big Halloween day at home than 4 on the ship. I think that's totally crazy, but Halloween is important to an 8yo and a 5yo I guess. Gotta have priorities! ;)

I agree, we would never do a Halloween cruise again either, we had a great cruise but at that age my daughter is 7, trick or treating is more important;) and no trick or treat stations on the Fantasy. Our Halloween day was the 30th and we were in Costa Maya for the day. Our cruise was also affected by Sandy we lost a port, Grand Cayman, and gained a sea day.

we are booked on the fantasy for this Halloween, and I am thinking I am liking the "not a lot of candy" idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter