Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Have any of you already watched Destined at Christmas? I will be checking that out tomorrow. Would love to hear what any you, kind friends, may have thought of it. Wishing all of you a cozy good night.

Have any of you already watched Destined at Christmas? I will be checking that out tomorrow. Would love to hear what any you, kind friends, may have thought of it. Wishing all of you a cozy good night.
I just watched it tonight! I did like it. The premise started to wear on me, but the acting and plot were mostly good — a few supporting actors weren’t ready for prime time. By the time I was ready to not be watching it was almost over so I finished. It’s not the best, but certainly not the worst. A middle of the road one for me.

Not yet. I'm slowly transitioning into the Christmas movies. :teleport: I finally got to see The Secrets of Bella Vista, which you had asked about. @mandy200587 mentioned she really liked it, so it went to the top of my list. And of course, Niall Matter was in it, which also makes it fun to look forward to.

It's was a nice autumn movie. I really liked the female lead, Rachelle Lefevre. I hope we see her in more Hallmark movies.

I liked The Secrets of Belle Vista, it wasn't a full blown romance but more family story based which was nice and a bit of a mystery too with it it felt like

I agree with you, Mandy. You were spot on in your description of it. The plot was really complex and layered as it was based on a novel. The movie could have been a half hour longer for the female lead to develop her relationship with Niall's character. But, she emotionally had her hands full with her new found family and the mystery. So, it was more realistic that the movie didn't rush the two leads along.

The Secrets of Bella Vista is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Starring: Rachelle LeFevre & Niall Matter.

Description: The Secrets of Bella Vista is based on the novel The Apple Orchard by New York Times bestselling author Susan Wiggs.

Tess Delaney (Rachelle Lefevre) gets surprising news by estate executor Damhnaic McAuley (Niall Matter) that she has inherited half of an apple orchard from the father she never knew and has a half-sister named Isabel she didn’t know about. When Tess visits the orchard and connects with her new-found family, she learns that the orchard is deep in debt. Using her knowledge as an antiques expert, Tess and Isabel work to unravel the mystery of their grandmother’s “treasure” that could hold the key to saving the orchard. In the process, Tess ultimately finds a new understanding of herself.

No! That's not the male lead. THIS is the male lead: :teeth:

Last edited:
Lifetime has started showing their older Christmas movies on random days. This is good. Last year, as I recall, they started their Christmas movies so late in the season that with all the new movies all the channels were putting out, it became too overwhelming to even watch some of the older favorites on Lifetime. And they don't do a Christmas in July to catch up on some movies new movies I missed that looked promising.

This Saturday, one of their off-days, Lifetime is doing an Amish marathon in the afternoon. It ends with a premiere of An Amish Sin with Kellie Martin & Rukiya Bernard (of the Christmas in Evergreen movies,) that actually sounds interesting as I don't think Kellie Martin would have accepted a crappy script.

:thanks:Worfiedoodles. Dad and I watched about half of hour so far of Destined at Christmas earlier. We will watch more of it later. At least it had a different premise. A few things early that jumped out at me were first of all trying to figure out just what type of store Theo and Kim were shopping in when she got the doll. It didn't seem like just a toy store. Any ideas? Dad said he later recognized the fire pit from a different Hallmark movie. I didn't remember that at all, good eye for him. Anyone else notice that? The other two things were that it annoyed me a big when Theo was sharing with Kim about his daughter that not once did, he mention her name--we later learn it is Ashley. I thought that was odd. Of course, it also jumped out at me that so far, no character when discussing their after-Thanksgiving plans has mentioned anything about church. Hope that will change. It is semi enjoyable so far. I will share my full take after watching the rest. Have a good night, everyone and may you also enjoy a festive movie this evening as well :)

:thanks:Worfiedoodles. Dad and I watched about half of hour so far of Destined at Christmas earlier. We will watch more of it later. At least it had a different premise. A few things early that jumped out at me were first of all trying to figure out just what type of store Theo and Kim were shopping in when she got the doll. It didn't seem like just a toy store. Any ideas? Dad said he later recognized the fire pit from a different Hallmark movie. I didn't remember that at all, good eye for him. Anyone else notice that? The other two things were that it annoyed me a big when Theo was sharing with Kim about his daughter that not once did, he mention her name--we later learn it is Ashley. I thought that was odd. Of course, it also jumped out at me that so far, no character when discussing their after-Thanksgiving plans has mentioned anything about church. Hope that will change. It is semi enjoyable so far. I will share my full take after watching the rest. Have a good night, everyone and may you also enjoy a festive movie this evening as well :)
Yes I’m of 2 minds about it because I like that the heroine is a paleontologist, I’m very happy she has a job which isn’t typically seen. That is a nice way to have someone other than a baker or elementary school teacher.

This didn’t strike me as a particularly religious movie, so I didn’t focus on references to church plans.

The store seemed more like a Big box to me, but in a small town. So maybe like a Walmart?

It is crazy when people don’t share their basics — like his daughter’s name, or their last names. But I know it was necessary for the plot. I hope you enjoy the rest of it. It still hits in the middle of the road for me.

No movie for me tonight, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy another one this weekend 🤗
The one with Jodi Sweetin looks like fun 😁

The one with Jodi Sweetin looks like fun 😁

I'm actually not sure I want to watch this one. This is what I've read about tomorrow night's movie - rumors & all.

Some months ago, someone asked actor David O'Donnell on social media why he hasn't done another Hallmark movie since starring in Christmas Under Wraps with Candace Cameron Bure.

David replied something like, "Have patience."

Then some time after that came the confirmation that he is set to star another Hallmark movie.
Cheer.gif

That he will be playing the same character as in Christmas Under Wraps, Andy Holliday, and that the film will be taking place in Garland, Alaska.
Cheer.gif
Cheer.gif

Then there was a rumor out that David and Candace are doing a sequel, Christmas Under Wraps 2 together.
Cheer.gif
Cheer.gif
Cheer.gif

Some time after, Candace announced she signed her exclusive contract with GAC/GAF (whatever their name is now) and will not be doing movies at Hallmark. :teleport:

So, then the rumor was this movie with David was hastily re-written and Candace was replaced and the story changed somewhat.
Cheer_huh.gif
Cheer_huh.gif
Cheer_huh.gif

According to the IMDb.com it has many of the stars playing the same characters from the original Christmas Under Wraps. Frank & Faith Holliday and Hattie, who ran the little cafe are in it. So, it appears to be somewhat of a sequel. But, now Andy's love interest will be Jodie Sweetin. So, it's not quite a sequel of Andy & Lauren. o_O

Well, it's not a movie I'm particularly interested in. I'm on the fence. One of my favorite Hallmark movies is Christmas Under Wraps. I kind of like thinking that those characters lived happily ever after up in Garland, AK and Andy eventually took over his father, Frank's business.

I had hoped they had rewritten this new movie enough so that David was just starring in another Hallmark movie that used the same supporting actors but everyone is playing new characters, and it is set elsewhere. So that it is a DIFFERENT movie completely.

But, with all of them playing the same characters in Garland, AK, it's likely not. I think I'm going to pass on this. Or at least wait to read what others who've seen it are saying about it. I want to be able to continue to re-watch Christmas Under Wraps without it being tainted by a bad sequel that's stuck in my mind when I watch it. :badpc:

What do you guys think?

Will you watch?

Will you wait?

Or, it doesn't matter, Christmas Under Wraps wasn't one of your favorites anyway. And some of you can't stand CCB so, it doesn't matter.

Or, you like David O'Donnell enough that you are glad he's back and you want to see what he's in.

You like Jodie Sweetin so you'll watch.

Or, meh, this new movie won't affect how you think of the old movie.

Of course, there is probably an "other" I haven't thought of. :scratchin

If you watch it, will you tell us what you think of this movie? popcorn::

Last edited:
What do you guys think?

Will you watch?

Will you wait?

Or, it doesn't matter, Christmas Under Wraps wasn't one of your favorites anyway. And some of you can't stand CCB so, it doesn't matter.
I didn't know the back story about the new movie, but when I saw the commercials for it, I kept thinking "Isn't that the same place/characters from Under Wraps?" Now I get it.

I'll probably watch it. I'm not a fan of Candace Camron Bure, but I did like the Andy character. And, in spite of CCB being in the first movie, it's among my "will watch again" movies.

These two Hallmark wines, Jingle and Joy have been spotted at World Market stores for about $11.99 each. (It should be noted that several people in a Hallmark Facebook group mentioned that they didn't like the taste of the Hallmark wines. They recommend instead to use the bottles as holiday decorations. Wrap some twinkle lights around for a festive look, etc.)
Candle2.gif

Jingle-Joy-Sampler.png

These are most of the bottles in the Hallmark Christmas collection:

Jingle_Joy_Love_Blush_Holly_Jolly_4-pack-400x401-1.png

They now have a sparkling wine:

Sparkle-bottles-med-2.png

AND Hallmark even has an Elvis wine to go with the Christmas at Graceland films.

Elvis_Graceland-bottle-1.png

These two Hallmark wines, Jingle and Joy have been spotted at World Market stores for about $11.99 each. (It should be noted that several people in a Hallmark Facebook group mentioned that they didn't like the taste of the Hallmark wines. They recommend instead to use the bottles as holiday decorations. Wrap some twinkle lights around for a festive look, etc.)
Candle2.gif

Jingle-Joy-Sampler.png

These are most of the bottles in the Hallmark Christmas collection:

Jingle_Joy_Love_Blush_Holly_Jolly_4-pack-400x401-1.png

They now have a sparkling wine:

Sparkle-bottles-med-2.png

AND Hallmark even has an Elvis wine to go with the Christmas at Graceland films.

Elvis_Graceland-bottle-1.png
I just drank my bottle of Sauv Blanc from last year, about a month ago LOL. It was ok, it was drinkable.

I'm actually not sure I want to watch this one. This is what I've read about tomorrow night's movie - rumors & all.

Some months ago, someone asked actor David O'Donnell on social media why he hasn't done another Hallmark movie since starring in Christmas Under Wraps with Candace Cameron Bure.

David replied something like, "Have patience."

Then some time after that came the confirmation that he is set to star another Hallmark movie.
Cheer.gif

That he will be playing the same character as in Christmas Under Wraps, Andy Holliday, and that the film will be taking place in Garland, Alaska.
Cheer.gif
Cheer.gif

Then there was a rumor out that David and Candace are doing a sequel, Christmas Under Wraps 2 together.
Cheer.gif
Cheer.gif
Cheer.gif

Some time after, Candace announced she signed her exclusive contract with GAC/GAF (whatever their name is now) and will not be doing movies at Hallmark. :teleport:

So, then the rumor was this movie with David was hastily re-written and Candace was replaced and the story changed somewhat.
Cheer_huh.gif
Cheer_huh.gif
Cheer_huh.gif

According to the IMDb.com it has many of the stars playing the same characters from the original Christmas Under Wraps. Frank & Faith Holliday and Hattie, who ran the little cafe are in it. So, it appears to be somewhat of a sequel. But, now Andy's love interest will be Jodie Sweetin. So, it's not quite a sequel of Andy & Lauren. o_O

Well, it's not a movie I'm particularly interested in. I'm on the fence. One of my favorite Hallmark movies is Christmas Under Wraps. I kind of like thinking that those characters lived happily ever after up in Garland, AK and Andy eventually took over his father, Frank's business.

I had hoped they had rewritten this new movie enough so that David was just starring in another Hallmark movie that used the same supporting actors but everyone is playing new characters, and it is set elsewhere. So that it is a DIFFERENT movie completely.

But, with all of them playing the same characters in Garland, AK, it's likely not. I think I'm going to pass on this. Or at least wait to read what others who've seen it are saying about it. I want to be able to continue to re-watch Christmas Under Wraps without it being tainted by a bad sequel that's stuck in my mind when I watch it. :badpc:

What do you guys think?

Will you watch?

Will you wait?

Or, you like David O'Donnell enough that you are glad he's back and you want to see what he's in.

You like Jodie Sweetin so you'll watch.

Or, meh, this new movie won't affect how you think of the old movie.

Of course, there is probably an "other" I haven't thought of. :scratchin

If you watch it, will you tell us what you think of this movie? popcorn::
I had no idea…I just assumed it was a new couple in the same place! Oh man, this is something. I guess they are counting on very short memories 🤣

I will watch and check it out. Wouldn’t it be something if I liked Jodi’s version more?!

I will watch and check it out. Wouldn’t it be something if I liked Jodi’s version more?!

o_O Eagerly awaiting your reaction. :hyper:

That would be great for David O'Donnell. Missing from Hallmark all these years. Then when he finally comes back, he gets a movie that hits it out of the park. :cool1:

Last edited:
Candle1.gif
Reminder 🎄:

There are now 3 new Christmas movies on Saturdays.

At 8pm ET:
Jolly Good Christmas is on the Hallmark Channel.
Re-airs: Sun 10/30 at 6pm ET
Thurs 11/03 at 8pm ET

Starring: Will Kemp and Reshma Shetty.

Description: David (Kemp) is an American architect who recently moved to London for a prime opportunity in a prestigious firm. With just three days before Christmas, he crosses paths with Anji, a professional shopper, who raises an eyebrow over his choice of a gift card for his girlfriend. David ultimately decides to hire Anji and, thanks to a series of unexpected events, finds himself on a wild adventure across Jolly Old London as Anji helps him search for the perfect present.

(I really like Reshma. She played a smart and capable physician assistant on Royal Pains. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a romantic role opposite Will.)

Catering Christmas is on the Great American Family (GAF) channel.

Starring: Merritt Patterson and Daniel Lissing.

Description: Molly is struggling to launch her new catering business when she unexpectedly lands New Hampshire’s biggest event of the year. Meanwhile, Carson, who will be managing the event for his family’s foundation. Molly, who once was the beneficiary of the foundation’s generosity, takes Carson on a journey to learn about all the good his family provides to so many. The discovery inspires Carson to use his artistic gifts to create the most heartwarming fundraiser in the history of the foundation.

At 10pm ET:

Christmas Bedtime Stories is on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Starring: Erin Cahill, Steve Lund and Charlie Weber

Description: When Danielle’s husband goes missing in action during his deployment, she is left to raise her daughter on her own. Three years later, as she acclimates to life without him, she begins to tell her daughter bedtime stories of her father.

o_O Eagerly awaiting your reaction. :hyper:

That would be great for David O'Donnell. Missing from Hallmark all these years. Then when he finally comes back, he gets a movie that hits it out of the park. :cool1:
I just finished watching it. If you want to keep your continuing vision of the first one, you definitely should not watch this one. They addressed all the changes since that movie.

I really liked it. This one had a bit less Magic than the first one, I was ok with that. I actually think Jodi had better chemistry with David than CCB. And I think for what it’s worth, this storyline felt more realistic and true to the characters. I think David’s character gets a better ending.

This one has to be a personal decision. I’m glad I watched it, but I can definitely see where it’s not for everyone 🤗

I posted this in the kindness thread this morning. Thank you, Worfiedoodles for your share about Destined at Christmas above :) Dad and I finished watching Destined at Christmas last night which overall we both did enjoy. It definitely bothered me that church was not mentioned whatsoever in this movie :( I just Googled the cast and finally learned that Kim's last name is Fenech. That didn't translate clearly in the movie all the time. Some of the scenes could have been better acted such as at the sled park with Theo's brother and SIL. Oh, and I felt badly for Kim's ex Zach because as far as I know she never does tell him she has chosen to move on from their relationship. I say this extra because Zach was at the Christmas festival where Kim and Theo finally reunite. He disappeared which was very odd. I did enjoy the different premise of the movie and yes Theo was handsome, too. We will check out We Need a Little Christmas later and are DVR-ing Christmas Bedtime Stories tonight. Happy TV watching to all of you this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter