Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Reminder:
It's a twofer weekend again. (Not counting Chesapeake Shores as it's an ongoing series.)

Saturday:
Dating the Delaneys is on at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel.
Re-airs: Sun 8/21 at 6pm ET
and Sat 8/27 at 4pm ET
and Tues 8/30 at 8pm ET

Starring: Rachel Boston and Paul Campbell.

Description: Dating is bad enough when you've been at it for years, but what happens when you jump back into the dating pool after a decade or more off? You have to contend with online dating. Should I swipe left or right? Should I like their post? In Dating the Delaneys, two single parents wade into the dating pool.
Maggie Delaney (Rachel Boston) is a divorced mother who, after learning her ex-husband is getting remarried, ventures into the dating world with the encouragement of her mother and teen daughter. Helping her along the way is Michael (Paul Campbell) who offers to help by going on a “practice date.” Maggie’s dating adventures bring mixed results, and as she and Michael spend more time together, it’s clear their friendship could turn into something more.

Meanwhile, Maggie's mother and teen daughter begin romances of their own. As these three generations of women explore the highs and lows of modern dating, they learn that love and romance can be found at any age and sometimes where you least expect it.

Seeing Bruce Campbell in this photo made me wonder if he and Paul Campbell are related. Spoiler alert -- they're not, but Paul's father is also named Bruce. I'm sure that could cause some confusion LOL :confused3

Whoops! It’s not Bruce Campbell — it just looked like him in the photo 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
It's been rather a long, quiet 8 months since GAC Media premiered 13 of their own Christmas movies on GAC Family. In the last several weeks they started showing other, older movies which previously aired on UPtv, Lifetime and elsewhere.

FINALLY, :cheer2: starting next weekend, the (newly re-named) Great American Family (GAF) Channel will start to air a NEW movie every Saturday night for two months, through October 21, leading up to GAF's Christmas movies kickoff. 🎄 A Hallmark star will be leading one of the first two movies kicking off the season.

I'm posting this early so you guys can mull over if you want to get the FrndlyTV app starting at $6.99 to watch some of the new GAF movie premieres. :scratchin

Frndly TV is up to 40+ channels now, including GAF, the 3 Hallmark channels, Lifetime, UPtv & PixL.

https://try.frndlytv.com/home-3

Last edited:
Just posted this in the kindness thread and want to share a thumbs up to the Big Sky River Hallmark Movie on this thread, too. The movie is based on this Big Sky River Book. I have the book on my library saved list to check out sometime. Have any of you read it? :) The young child and teen actors were especially touching which made for a nice movie change. I admit at the beginning especially to not always caring for Tara's parenting choices, but she was a good mom to her daughter, Erin, after all. I keep in prayer that she and her Ex James made loving choices in the future. Full Movie Cast Dad Sherrif Boone (Tara's love interest) captured my heart big time as well. What a great guy! I'd recommend checking it out when it re-airs, next Saturday at 3.

Just posted this in the kindness thread and want to share a thumbs up to the Big Sky River Hallmark Movie on this thread, too. The movie is based on this Big Sky River Book. I have the book on my library saved list to check out sometime. Have any of you read it? :) The young child and teen actors were especially touching which made for a nice movie change. I admit at the beginning especially to not always caring for Tara's parenting choices, but she was a good mom to her daughter, Erin, after all. I keep in prayer that she and her Ex James made loving choices in the future. Full Movie Cast Dad Sherrif Boone (Tara's love interest) captured my heart big time as well. What a great guy! I'd recommend checking it out when it re-airs, next Saturday at 3.

@flyingdumbo127 I liked the movie too. I really like the lead actress, Emmanuelle Vaugier. (She was in one of my favorite Hallmark summer movies, Love in Paradise with Luke Perry, who played an actor who did a lot of western movies, yet was a real city slicker, until he visited her ranch.) I hope Emmanuelle does more Hallmark movies.

I'm not a big fan of Kavan Smith, who played Sheriff Boone. For the some years, I felt he was phoning it in with his roles, as he knew he'd be cast. But, maybe the shakeups with the new Hallmark and the possibility he might not have been picked, maybe made him put in a bit more effort. I though he was alright in this movie. The kids in the movie are great.

I hadn't read the book. However, since you like to read, you may be interest in learning tonight's movie, Groundswell, with Lacey Chabert, is also based on a book of the same name by chef and cookbook author, Katie Lee. Hope your library has this one too. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Groundswell-Katie-Lee/dp/1451688105/661139537

Last edited:

Reminder:

It's a twofer weekend again. (Plus Chesapeake Shores.)

Saturday:
Game, Set, Love
is on at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel.
Re-airs: Sun 8/28 at 6pm ET
and Thus 9/1 at 8pm ET
and Sun 9/4 at 2pm ET

Starring: Davida Williams, Richard Harmon.

Description: A hotheaded tennis player needs help with his reputation and career. Enter Taylor, who retired from the sport and is now teaching kids at the local club. The two, of course, clash, and end up as doubles partners for a tournament after Will’s partner is sidelined by an injury.

Tennis champion Venus Williams is executive producer, while former No. 1 ranked pro tennis player Tracy Austin serves as a sideline commentator in the movie playing herself. Davida Williams is not related to Venus Williams.

Sunday:

Episode 3 of Chesapeake Shores premieres at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel.

Unthinkably Good Things is on at 9pm ET on ALL Hallmark channels.
Re-airs: Tue 8/30 at 7pm ET
and Fri 9/2 at 9pm ET

Starring Karen Pittman, Erica Ash, Joyful Drake, Luca Seta and Lance Gross.

Description: Allison is at a crossroads in her career and love life, in need of the love and support of her two friends. After visiting her in Tuscany, each woman will reexamine the state of her own life and relationships.

Hallmark movies is launching a new Mahogany line of movies based on Hallmark Cards very successful, 34 years old, Mahogany line of greeting cards which is inspired by and celebrates African-American culture in non-trivialized, non-stereotyped ways.

:thanks:Imzadi. Sorry for not seeing your reply until now. I thought the kids were indeed the stars of the movie! Thanks for the movie and book recommendations :)

Meantime, I tried watching Kiss at Pine Lake. Didn't do much for me at all. I would have preferred the story had featured the actors as teens only. Oh well, as we all know some movies are better than others!

I did email the Hallmark Channel earlier this week suggesting programming offer a greater variety along with the idea for a Hallmark TV channel. I did receive a nice reply back from someone who said she would pass along my comments to programming. To email the Hallmark Channel We shall see :)

Happy Saturday, everyone 🌼

Reminder:

Saturday:
Marry Me in Yosemite is on at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel.
Re-airs: Sun 9/4 at 12pm ET
and Thus 9/9 at 8pm ET
and Sat 9/10 at 2pm ET

Starring: Cindy Busby, Tyler Harlow, Tim Halpin, Lexsy McKowen.

Description: Zoe (Busby) is a top photojournalist who has published successful coffee table books featuring her images of iconic places. Her publisher wants her next subject to be Yosemite, so she heads west despite not being sure can do justice to the majesty of the landscape. (Yosemite landscapes were made famous by photographer Ansel Adams.) While there, she meets Jack (Harlow), an intriguing tour guide who opens her eyes to new possibilities as they take a journey together.”

Sunday:

Chesapeake Shores, Episode 4 premieres at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel.

Love's Portrait is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
Re-airs: Tue 9/6 at 7pm ET
and Thurs 9/8 at 9pm ET
and Sun 9/11 at 3pm ET

Starring Aubrey Reynolds, Richard McWilliams, Kathryn McKiernan.

Description: Love's Portrait was filmed in Ireland.
Loosely based on an idea from the book by Anna Larner. Lily (Aubrey Reynolds), a museum curator, is sent a painting that looks just like her, she goes to Ireland in search of its provenance. While there her search leads her to the local post office run by siblings William (Richard McWilliams) and Saoirse (Kathryn McKiernan).

They offer their help, but William knows more than he’s letting on. He must decide if he’ll reveal what he knows, even if it puts at risk the growing feelings, he and Lily have for each other.

Last edited:
Wishing all of you a safe and good long weekend! Enjoy some extra movies 📺 I was pleasantly surprised to discover yesterday that I get GAC--especially come Christmastime. Here in SoCal, it's Channel 295. From a quick glance, are movies mostly on aired over the weekends?

Have any of you already watched Marry Me in Yosemite? I have it set to record next Saturday because the time works better for me then. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts :)

Stay cool, here it's 97 :sunny: friends.

Reminder:

Saturday:
and Thus 9/9 at 8pm ET
and Sat 9/10 at 2pm ET

Description: Zoe (Busby) is a top photojournalist who has published successful coffee table books featuring her images of iconic places. Her publisher wants her next subject to be Yosemite, so she heads west despite not being sure can do justice to the majesty of the landscape. (Yosemite landscapes were made famous by photographer Ansel Adams.) While there, she meets Jack (Harlow), an intriguing tour guide who opens her eyes to new possibilities as they take a journey together.”

I have this in my DVR. My first reaction was surprise Cindy Busby made an outdoors movie without Christopher Russell 🤣

I have this in my DVR. My first reaction was surprise Cindy Busby made an outdoors movie without Christopher Russell 🤣

I just hope she doesn't talk too much while I'm staring at all the scenery. I visited Yosemite a couple decades ago. I didn't need to be told how beautiful and special that place is. 😍

Last edited:
Reminder:

Saturday:
and Thus 9/9 at 8pm ET
and Sat 9/10 at 2pm ET

I somehow missed the ads for this one, but I love photography! So I'll try to remember to set the DVR for one of the re-air dates. Thank you for the info!

Sunday:

Love's Portrait is on at 9pm ET on ALL Hallmark channels.
and Thurs 9/8 at 9pm ET
and Sun 9/11 at 3pm ET

Based on the book by Anna Larner, when Lily (Aubrey Reynolds), a museum curator is sent a painting that looks just like her, she goes to Ireland in search of its provenance. While there her search leads her to the local post office run by siblings William (Richard McWilliams) and Saoirse (Kathryn McKiernan).

They offer their help, but William knows more than he’s letting on. He must decide if he’ll reveal what he knows, even if it puts at risk the growing feelings, he and Lily have for each other.

I just finished watching Love's Portrait. Normally, I cringe at the idea of seeing a Hallmark movie with two unknown stars, as I often think it means low budget equating to bad acting, bad directing and bad script to turn off after 10 minutes. :crazy2: :headache:

With this movie, I thought it interesting that it was a location movie, set & filmed in Ireland. That is usually not a low budget film for Hallmark.

And I was intrigued by the mystery in the movie, so I thought I'd give it a shot right away.

I'm glad I did. Hallmark hit this one out of the ballpark. :cheer2: The male lead, Irish actor Richard McWilliams, is good looking, romantic, sexy and and can really act. He brought the looks and romantic sizzle that is often missing in so many Hallmark movies.

I get that years ago, acting in a Hallmark TV movie, (not the Hall of Fame movies,) was actually considered bad for actors. And Hallmark basically had to cast who they could get. Some of them, (in my opinion,) need to be retired as they are getting on in years, or have been phoning in their last several performances. Hallmark needs to take those salaries, and woo Richard McWilliams to film more Hallmark movies in Canada, or film more movies with him in Ireland. :teleport:

Aubrey Reynolds, the female lead, was good too. I felt they had chemistry together. She played, strong, intelligent, capable, and has a real genuine quality.

The script is good. The idea was only loosely lifted from a novel, so the book won't be anything like the movie. Hallmark put a bit of mysticism or magic in it, they way they usually do for their Christmas movies on HMM. I was reminded of how much it's taken for granted that a HMM Christmas movie would have some magic & miracles in it, yet the non-Christmas HMM movies, often don't have that element, or to this degree. So it was nice seeing it in this movie.

If you liked seeing Timeless Love from a few years ago with Rachel Skarsten & Brant Daugherty, where Rachel plays a woman who wakes up from a coma and thinking she was married, you will like this movie. The story is not the same, but that mystical element is there.

Love's Portrait re-airs on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:
Tue 9/6 at 7pm ET
and Thurs 9/8 at 9pm ET
and Sun 9/11 at 3pm ET

Last edited:
Sunday:

Chesapeake Shore, Episode 4 premieres at 8pm ET on the Hallmark Channel.

Love's Portrait is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
and Thurs 9/8 at 9pm ET
and Sun 9/11 at 3pm ET

Loosely based on an idea from the book by Anna Larner. Lily (Aubrey Reynolds), a museum curator, is sent a painting that looks just like her, she goes to Ireland in search of its provenance. While there her search leads her to the local post office run by siblings William (Richard McWilliams) and Saoirse (Kathryn McKiernan).

Just finished this one, and thoroughly enjoyed it!

The scenery was beautiful, I liked the story and all three main actors, and I think it was a really good example of subtle inclusion as well. (For those who haven't seen it yet, there are a couple of deaf characters, but it isn't the focus of the story. I think that's important.)

I watched about 10 minutes of last night's Chesapeake Shore episode. I had never seen it before. I didn't end up seeing the entire episode but found last night's episode by doing a Google search. I'll watch it later or tomorrow and post back how I like it. I was also pleased to discover that this show's earlier seasons is on Spectrum's On Demand out here. Sharing this so all of you who are already fans are able to check out whether it's also available that way to do to watch 📺

🙏all of you are keeping cool, safe, and enjoying this Labor Day.

Over on the Dancing with the Stars thread, the various stars who will be competing are being slowly announced:

For my hallmark fans you'll know this name: Trevor Donovan and is paired with Emma [pro dancer.]

Jesse Metcalfe was on a couple seasons ago and did really well. I wonder if Trevor talked to him before deciding to do this season? :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter