Hall of Presidents Reopening in August!

Well then, I call Bull on that. Not that you are incorrect because I believe what you posted. But, that's just Bull that POTUS or WDW or both didn't do a short speech. The Oath of Office isn't really a message to the audience meant to inspire. That's just reciting a promise he already made publicly.

For the very reason you are upset, it makes sense to me that WDW makes it less political and more historical.

For the very reason you are upset, it makes sense to me that WDW makes it less political and more historical.
I never said that a speech had to be political. If your point is that a POTUS cannot say anything other than something political then I think we will have agree to disagree, respectfully.

I think it possible for WDW and the POTUS to write a short message to the audience that thanks them for attending the Hall of Presidents performance and provide message of a great big beautiful tomorrow...it's already been proven to be done by WDW.

But I do agree that I don't know who stands to benefit from a speech about removing and eating your political opponents hearts with a spoon.

It’s mu understanding the President has a great deal of control over what he says with WDW having veto power so to speak. I don’t think this was a choice Disney made. I’m bummed we missed seeing it by just 1 day. We were hoping it would open in time, haven’t seen it in several years.

I really don't care who the sitting President is or isn't or whether there is an oath or a speech recorded. All I care about is the air condition is cold and the seat is soft so I can enjoy my 30 minute break from the heat in the park and catch a few zzz's. :rotfl2::goodvibes

DH and I are actually happy that they're moving to just having the current president speak the oath of office. Hall of presidents is meant to celebrate the office vs the individual presidents. And unfortunately with the country divided (last 2 presidents winning by slim margins) anything they say can sound divisive to some even if it's not meant to be. It should have been this way always.

And I'm so happy it's open...looking forward to the AC, lol, and seeing how the show has changed since last year.

I really don't care who the sitting President is or isn't or whether there is an oath or a speech recorded. All I care about is the air condition is cold and the seat is soft so I can enjoy my 30 minute break from the heat in the park and catch a few zzz's. :rotfl2::goodvibes
Yes,some Guests call it the Hall of Presidentzzzs!

...The absolute worst place? The queue for Big Thunder Mountain. Especially where the ramp goes down to the loading area.
DH calls that the "BO Chimney." In late August that blast of heavy smelly air when you walk down the ramp at BTMRR is just brutal. Bet my Covid mask won't be enough protection from it.

I can't wait to see this in November. I missed it last year. I love the history of all of the POTUS. I have several books on them all. I need a new one with President Biden in it. Hopefully they will have one in the gift shop if it is still there.

Yup - My nephew calls it the Hall of PresidenZZZzzzzz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter