Half Marathon Stats for 2013

geaux_half

Recovering 5 Moon Half Fanatic #137
The 2013 half marathon statistics has some interesting information about races around the world.

I was surprised that runDisney swept the 5 slowest median times. The roads have definetely gotten much more crowded compared to 2000.

Very interesting. I am not surprised at Disney being the slowest though. RunDisney races definitely cater to slower, newer runners. Not to mention, there are reasons to stop and go slow during the races!

Interesting stats - thanks for the link.

As for the Disney races, I would have bet heavily on their being the slowest. There are many non-runners in this race. By that I don't mean run/walkers or race walkers - I mean folks who don't plan on running a single step at a hurried pace. I am glad that Disney gives these folks a place to try something challenging like this, and motivation to get out the door and exercise.

great stats.. and real stats for how large the disney races are too! WDW & Princess are top 10, while DL is top 20 for world stats.. that's crazy!

Though.. I do wish they would correctly type out Tinker Bell.. lol.

Very interesting..

I'm not surprised at all that Disney sweeps the slowest categories- When as a barely sub 3 finisher in non-dis races I'm in the bottom 10- Dis races I'm about halfway...

-em

Not surprised at all. Disney is about the experience not PB's. However, you will still get people knocking others over to fit into a tiny space to get ahead of another runner trying to be a Boston qualifier ;)

The course is extremely crowded and getting much worse.

However, it is fun running/walking/jogging with other Disney fans :dance3:

Interesting stats!

And like the others, I am not at all surprised that Disney swept the slowest median times. Disney not only really reaches out to new and slower runners, but they also include course entertainment that essentially encourages people to slow down and enjoy the experience (i.e. character photo ops).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter