Half board question

nobby

Seasoned DISer
We have booked five to go but only two have the package (rest with passports) and DLP say that half board is only available for the two. We were going to buy the basic HB at £13 each which is a face value of Eur 19.

We were thinking instead of buying two £31 vouchers and therefore spend £62 as this gives two vouchers worth face value Eur 88.

My question is this - say the meal for five people comes to Euro 100. Do you give in the two vouchers for Eur 88 and then pay Eur 12, or does something else happen? In other words do you simply put them against the total bill irrespective of the number in the party?

Yes you do :-) You can't use them in the Rainforest Cafe, Md's or Planet Hollywood, but you can in the Disney restaurants. One person reported an official email saying you can put two vouchers together for one person at a meal if you wish, and we had 5 in our party but only two meal vouchers. You can chose off the set menu for your voucher or choose something else and use your monetary value towards your meal.

So yes :yay:

We have booked five to go but only two have the package (rest with passports) and DLP say that half board is only available for the two. We were going to buy the basic HB at £13 each which is a face value of Eur 19.

We were thinking instead of buying two £31 vouchers and therefore spend £62 as this gives two vouchers worth face value Eur 88.

My question is this - say the meal for five people comes to Euro 100. Do you give in the two vouchers for Eur 88 and then pay Eur 12, or does something else happen? In other words do you simply put them against the total bill irrespective of the number in the party?

Just thought I'd mention, I booked half board vouchers with no problems at all for DD and I, and we weren't on a package - we were room only with APs :confused3.

If you are staying in a Disney hotel, you should be able to add Half Board. If you are Room Only in another hotel, even a partner one like Holiday Inn (or whatever it's called now!), you can't.

I just had a bizarre conversation with DLP Paris.

- They will let you have book half board for all persons if you book room only where all occupants use annual passports
- They wll let you book halfboard for all persons if you book the package

Correct me if I wrong but the logical conclusion must be that the booking of half board cannot be package dependent.

BUT if you book a room with one person taking the package and the other occupants use annual passports, they tell me they can only allow the person taking the package to book halfboard. They will not allow the other persons in the room to book halfboard.

How does this make sense?

I had 30 minutes on the phone to them (at their expense at least, lol) with a pidgeon english french person and ended up telling them I could not waste any more of my time and would email for a written response.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Regards

I have no thoughts, apart from there appears to be no logic whatsoever in their point of view :confused3

I asked DLP to explain their logic. Clearly this presented them with, in the words of John Cleese, somewhat of a 'poser'.

After a couple of days of deliberation they came back to me telling me they could add halfboard for all of our party. No explanation or apology but at least common sense prevailed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter