Hairbraiding

How long do you want/need them to last? DD had hers in for 3 1/2 weeks. As far as the braids, they were still in tact just not as tight to the head because of the hair growing. Since alot of it depends on hair growth there isn't much you can do. She had hers done on the ship.

Ours lasted 6 weeks. When she had 3/4 inch of unbraided growth, I insisted that she take it out!

I have read on these boards many times to sleep with a silk-type fabric bandana on your head....better yet, sleep on a silk pillowcase! What a novel idea!
Also some say to put conditioner on the scalp and braids themselves a few times throughout the week to keep them from frizzing.

mickeyboat said:
Don't forget sunscreen for your scalp!

Denae

This is a must! We used spray sunscreen for my dd and it worked great.

Everyone had great tips here. We use silk pillowcases anyway because both my daughters have really long hair and it doesn't 'scrub' the back of their heads like regular cotton pillows. They have trouble sleeping in the bandannas, though, so we usually stick with the pillows.

Besides, after a week or so they're 'over' the whole braid thing and want them out!

I usually do the braids myself before we leave-I watched them one time and said, hey, I can do that!

The sunscreen really is a must-don't forget the tops of their ears, too...

These sound like great ideas. Last time I cruised the lady told me to wrap it in toilet paper but this was messy and took a long time. The bandana seems much easier. Thank you for the reminder about sunscreen. We almost forgot the spray and only would have had lotion. Do you mean extra conditioner or just the conditioner you use when taking a shower?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter