Hair Salon for Kids?

LavenderPeach

<font color=darkorchid>Didn't understand how you c
This is sort of strange question and I don't know if anyone will have an answer for me but I thought I would try. Does anyone know of any hair cutting places in southern california that are specifically for kids? You know, the ones that have videos for the kids or maybe a horsey seat to sit in, that type of thing. I've tried looking up online but didn't come up with too much.

DS3 has had a lot of medical issues and is afraid of new situations and new people (you never know when someone might try to stick an IV into you or something!). He had a nurse here at home until just recently and she actually used to cut his hair for us which he didn't mind because he trusted her. Now that the nurse is gone, I'm not sure how to get it cut! :eek: DS is also delayed socially and doesn't always understand what is going on so simply explaining the situation to him wouldn't work. I thought maybe a place that specializes in kids might know some tricks to help with a reluctant/freaked-out kid.

We live in San Bernardino County but we drive through Riverside County on our way to Orange County at least once a week and we also have family in LA and Ventura Counties that we visit sometimes so we could pretty much go anywhere in Southern California if we knew there was a good place. Any ideas?

I feel sorry for lonely threads. :lovestruc Obviously, I don't know the answer but maybe someone who does will see it today. :)

I feel sorry for lonely threads. :lovestruc Obviously, I don't know the answer but maybe someone who does will see it today. :)

Thanks! At least it got bumped up! :thumbsup2 I wasn't sure if anyone would have an answer for me but I had to at least try, right?

Yes, worth a try! I guess people either don't live in S.CA or else they let their kids' hair grow long. :rotfl:

You could try cutting it yourself. I think my boys were four before I took them for a real hair cut.

Yes, worth a try! I guess people either don't live in S.CA or else they let their kids' hair grow long. :rotfl:

You could try cutting it yourself. I think my boys were four before I took them for a real hair cut.

Maybe if we just keep chatting back and forth on this thread someone will eventually have an answer for me!

Hmmmm........yeah, no I don't think cutting it myself is a good idea. :scared1: The goal here is to not just cut his hair but to have it look nice too!

Okay, does anyone else think it's funny that LavenderPeach & PinkBudgie are holding a conversation here?:lmao:

Actually, my family goes to a kiddie (family) salon. I started going there when I was a kid, took my DD there when she was a kid. They are a full service salon, but they cater to children.

Kiddie Kastle in Cypress, Ca

They have cars and boats for the kids to sit in while getting their hair done. Also, they have toys and games for them to play to keep them occupied.

One of the stylists is actually a Disney fanatic too.

Hmmmm........yeah, no I don't think cutting it myself is a good idea. :scared1: The goal here is to not just cut his hair but to have it look nice too!

That reminds me of a Simpsons episode, where Marge cuts the kids' hair using cardboard cutouts as guidelines but they want to go to this kids hair salon in the mall and end up with horrific hair. I found the episode online (it's dubbed over in Russian) if you want to watch it for a visual (first few minutes of the episode): http://rutube.ru/tracks/771073.html

Okay, does anyone else think it's funny that LavenderPeach & PinkBudgie are holding a conversation here?:lmao:
Naw that is normal for them, lol.
You would think someone from the 50 or more disboarders living near DLR would have some suggestion.

Why? You mean just because we're sisters and could easily have a conversation through a more normal means like the telephone or e-mail instead of inside a thread about kiddie hair salons? :rotfl2: But see? It worked! All the activity in this thread has gotten people curious to see about what all the hubbub is about! :lmao:

Actually, my family goes to a kiddie (family) salon. I started going there when I was a kid, took my DD there when she was a kid. They are a full service salon, but they cater to children.

Kiddie Kastle in Cypress, Ca

They have cars and boats for the kids to sit in while getting their hair done. Also, they have toys and games for them to play to keep them occupied.

One of the stylists is actually a Disney fanatic too.

Thank you Stacerita! :goodvibes I'll look that place up!

That reminds me of a Simpsons episode, where Marge cuts the kids' hair using cardboard cutouts as guidelines but they want to go to this kids hair salon in the mall and end up with horrific hair. I found the episode online (it's dubbed over in Russian) if you want to watch it for a visual (first few minutes of the episode): http://rutube.ru/tracks/771073.html

Hmmm.....cardboard cutouts, eh? Now there's an idea! :rotfl: I don't remember that episode but I'll have to watch it later.

Naw that is normal for them, lol.
You would think someone from the 50 or more disboarders living near DLR would have some suggestion.

That's what I thought too! Well, if there are no other suggestions we can still all come in here anyway and enjoy a spirited conversation about other things like the simpsons or any other topic that comes up. :banana: :banana:

But look, not only did you finally get the name of hair place but you found one with a Disney fan! :thumbsup2

Well, I'd love to stay and talk about Simpsons and hair salons but I have to get to work now.

I know this comes 5 years too late for you but maybe not. There is a really cool hair salon for the whole family in the city of Paramount CA it's worth it! moms can get a haircut while kids play in the play room, the play room has chalkboard walls and cute decor. The salon has 3 rooms, a girly girl hair salon for girls and moms and a boys/mens barber shop. Cars for styling chairs and Flat screen Tv's with Netflix. visit them at www dot cocoscuts dot com or like them on facebook ....cocos fantasy studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter