Hair/Makeup problem

Tiggerific04

DIS Veteran
When I first contacted one of the vendors for hair and makeup, I asked if there was an additional fee for them to come early before the MK photo shoot. I was told that they do it all the time and that the price is the same.

Now that I'm ready to book, I get an email saying that they don't know if I was aware, but there is a $50 fee for coming so early in the morning.

I wrote back and said I would have to think about it because they originally told me one thing and now they're changing it.

I was thinking of switching to someone else now, but I don't know if I'm just annoyed for no reason. Would you be bothered by this?

While it is irresponsible and unprofessional to not have told you about the additional $50 fee from the start, the "early morning" fee is actually typical of most of the cosmo vendors used around here.

When you think about it, it's not that unreasonable. I wouldn't go to work that early without some overtime pay too. ;)

i feel that since i work for a very prominent make-up artist in the Baltimore area, that i am able to make some kind of judgment. i don't think that i am wrong, but i used Beaute Speciale for my wedding makeup, and they were BEYOND AMAZING!!!!!!!! I also had them contracted for a Magic Kindgdom photo shoot the day after my wedding that my DH and I decided NOT to do. We wanted to use the money for other things. But I was assured up until a few days before our shoot that the price had been the same with them.

Now, I am only speaking from my unbelievable experience (ask my husband!!!!) with them, but Debbie and Ana of Beaute Speciale are absolutely PHENONEMAL, and if you want proof, I will send you the link to my Disney photos. Their prices are amazing, and will remain the same (according to the pricing they gave me) regardless of what time of day it is. So please try them out. I can not say enough amazing and awesome things about them.

Please let me know if you have any questions. and HAPPY WEDDING!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!

Lauren
ellej

I'm going to contact them tomorrow. I wanted to try About Face (www.bridalbeauty.com) on Disney's cosmetology list, but they cost $175 and a minimum house call of $240. I don't know if that's typical, but it was a shock to me. That's not even the final price if you're expected to add a generous tip on top of that.

I'm going to contact them tomorrow. I wanted to try About Face (www.bridalbeauty.com) on Disney's cosmetology list, but they cost $175 and a minimum house call of $240. I don't know if that's typical, but it was a shock to me. That's not even the final price if you're expected to add a generous tip on top of that.

That's outrageous! Anna from Makeover magic came just for my hair -- $65 USD.

That's about what I'd pay in my home town for an updo and so I thought it was quite reasonable.

That's outrageous! Anna from Makeover magic came just for my hair -- $65 USD.

That's about what I'd pay in my home town for an updo and so I thought it was quite reasonable.

Updos are $60-65 CAD around here too before GST and tip. Anna posts her schedule on her web site. She's not available on my date, so it's not an option. :sad1:

By the way, Anna's prices have gone up. She's now charging $90 for just hair with a $100 retainer to hold your date. I wish we could all get pay raises like that!
http://www.makeovermajic.com/weddings.html

I just talked to Disney Weddings and my coordinator recommended About Face as her top choice. Just to clarify, their $175 fee doesn't include travel, which is an additional $75 ($250 total). I'm going to call all the others on their recommended list to see how they compare.

You all might want to consider Salon Salon (www.salonsalonhair.com). It's right off Disney property. The hair prices were $45-$65, and the make-up was $22. It was a fabulous experience.

I called them this morning, but the lady wouldn't give me any information over the phone. :confused3

It turns out About Face isn't the most expensive on Disney's list. Shala Salon (http://www.shalasalon.com) charges $235 for hair & makeup, plus $70 travel fee.

The search continues...

You all might want to consider Salon Salon (www.salonsalonhair.com). It's right off Disney property. The hair prices were $45-$65, and the make-up was $22. It was a fabulous experience.

Thanks for the tip. I called and their prices have gone up, especially for coming to your room. My original budget didn't foresee some of these expenses.

Salon service:
Bride Hair: $85
Bride Make-up: $35
Bridesmaid hair: $55
Bridesmaid make-up: $35

Room service:
Bride Hair: $185 :scared1:
Bride Make-up: $35
Bridesmaid hair: $165
Bridesmaid make-up: $35

Plus 20% service charge

Well, you might think it's a pain to go to them, but we all had so much fun. We brought wine (turns out they actually had wine for us already - LOL) and fruit and sandwiches, and they basically shut the place down for us. It was just us (their were 10 of us) and about 4-5 stylists. We were completely done in a few hours, and we had fun while we were there.

I originally planned to have someone come to us (I even had a hair trial with one vendor), but I'm glad we went to the salon. My hotel room wasn't a mess after the wedding, and we all had so much fun. It's a great group of stylists there. And it's literally a 5 minute drive; you can practically see Disney property from the salon.

I have a friend who had a DFTW in September 2006 as well, and she did the same thing. I took one look at how great she and her friends looked and I knew it was the place I wanted to go.

Everyone looked fabulous too, here's a picture from my wedding:
karla-0279.jpg

My friend all the way to the right in this picture said, "Dare I say that I think I look better today than on my own wedding day." LOL. Hilarious.

Well, you might think it's a pain to go to them, but we all had so much fun. We brought wine (turns out they actually had wine for us already - LOL) and fruit and sandwiches, and they basically shut the place down for us. It was just us (their were 10 of us) and about 4-5 stylists. We were completely done in a few hours, and we had fun while we were there.

I originally planned to have someone come to us (I even had a hair trial with one vendor), but I'm glad we went to the salon. My hotel room wasn't a mess after the wedding, and we all had so much fun. It's a great group of stylists there. And it's literally a 5 minute drive; you can practically see Disney property from the salon.

I have a friend who had a DFTW in September 2006 as well, and she did the same thing. I took one look at how great she and her friends looked and I knew it was the place I wanted to go.

Everyone looked fabulous too, here's a picture from my wedding:
karla-0279.jpg

My friend all the way to the right in this picture said, "Dare I say that I think I look better today than on my own wedding day." LOL. Hilarious.

Which location did you go to? Could you post or PM me an addy for them and phone number? Sounds like just the kind of experience I am looking for. :)

Jenny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter