Hagrid's Virtual Line???

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
Can you still get in line for Hagrid's during EPA? How long is the testing for the new virtual line process going to last? We check in on Sunday. Are there certain times that you have to log on to get in the virtual line?

I've been watching this since they started testing the new VL process, & Hagrid's is standby during Early Entry then switches to VQ shortly after regular park open, then stays VQ the rest of the day. We haven't been since this new procedure started testing, so hopefully someone who has can answer more specifics on it!

I've been watching this since they started testing the new VL process, & Hagrid's is standby during Early Entry then switches to VQ shortly after regular park open, then stays VQ the rest of the day. We haven't been since this new procedure started testing, so hopefully someone who has can answer more specifics on it!
Yes. I feel like I was prepared & then this changed. We'll be there for 4 days so I'll catch on.

After 4pm it was much easier to get a spot. They will only let you delay your spot so many times. The nice thing is the wait is only 20 minutes once your time is up. My big concern is that this system is not letting the ride eat up tons of people. This results in Hogesnade being packed. Lots of people just sitting around waiting for their time.

I was surprised how fast the ride went. The bike is better than sidecar. Rising it after dark was much better I thought bc they did a nice job on the lighting package. I felt it lacked a story and could’ve used a pre-show. The in board audio is tough to hear. That being said it is a unique ride that uses the terrain in the area well.

It's been a while since we have been to Universal. How does the VQ work? How to you sign up?

Do you have to wait until you are in the park?

After 4pm it was much easier to get a spot. They will only let you delay your spot so many times. The nice thing is the wait is only 20 minutes once your time is up. My big concern is that this system is not letting the ride eat up tons of people. This results in Hogesnade being packed. Lots of people just sitting around waiting for their time.

I was surprised how fast the ride went. The bike is better than sidecar. Rising it after dark was much better I thought bc they did a nice job on the lighting package. I felt it lacked a story and could’ve used a pre-show. The in board audio is tough to hear. That being said it is a unique ride that uses the terrain in the area well.

There's always been congestion in Hogsmeade but now it is out of control because of the new Virtual Queue. Everyone is just hanging around. I get that the idea is that Uni hopes everyone will spend more money at the restaurants and shops if they aren't captured in a long real queue but it's just leading to people sitting around or even taking naps and Hogsmead looks like a busy airport.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the 3 Broomsticks outdoor area in the back is now filled with people and families who are just waiting for Hagrid's. And it's not like they are ordering anything. They are just waiting. Hogsmead is just filled with Hagrid's refugee's now. I may just even set up my own tent in Hogsmead outside of the candy shop and camp out while I wait for Hagrid's which broke down twice today (delaying my virtual queue time)

Unless there's a space filler theater like Bourne Supremacy or Carousel of Progress in Hogsmead, this new system is junk in my opinion.

Sure the Hagrid's queue itself was a complete walk through but I don't like that either.

Last edited:
It's been a while since we have been to Universal. How does the VQ work? How to you sign up?

Do you have to wait until you are in the park?
You have to at least be in City Walk to access the virtual queue on your phone.

Once you have a time, there's a countdown clock and once it countsdown to zero, you have something like 40 mintues to ride it or lose your spot.

You do have the ability to reschedule to later in the day. And if the ride breaksdown then the countdown timer is fronzen till it goes up again.

It broke down twice today, so I took the train over to Universal and did some stuff and Bourne Adventure and reschedule twice before walking back over to Islands.

The virtual queue wasn't even being used when we were there a few weeks ago and the lines for food and merchandise were really long. I can't even imagine having everyone from that line just hanging around.

Is there a separate App to use for your phone or is there an Official Universal App that will have the VQ function (I am thinking of the Disney App that we use for wait times, mobile ordering and Star Wars ride virtual queue)?

I am not quite sure how this works.

There's always been congestion in Hogsmeade but now it is out of control because of the new Virtual Queue. Everyone is just hanging around. I get that the idea is that Uni hopes everyone will spend more money at the restaurants and shops if they aren't captured in a long real queue but it's just leading to people sitting around or even taking naps and Hogsmead looks like a busy airport.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the 3 Broomsticks outdoor area in the back is now filled with people and families who are just waiting for Hagrid's. And it's not like they are ordering anything. They are just waiting. Hogsmead is just filled with Hagrid's refugee's now. I may just even set up my own tent in Hogsmead outside of the candy shop and camp out while I wait for Hagrid's which broke down twice today (delaying my virtual queue time)

Unless there's a space filler theater like Bourne Supremacy or Carousel of Progress in Hogsmead, this new system is junk in my opinion.

Sure the Hagrid's queue itself was a complete walk through but I don't like that either.

This is a perfect description. People are laying down everywhere. It honestly does look like a gate at the airport. The poor team members handling this are saints. The language barrier for so many families is huge. It is like the confusion for Hogwarts Express but times 100.

HP is the money maker and they literally want a few more people to buy an $8.50 butter beer rather than wait in line. In return the theming and enjoyment of the land is impacted immensely.

Don’t get me started on the 80+ waiting for butter beer at the cart and there being no line at Hogs Head or even on the other side of the cart near Three Broomsticks.

This is a perfect description. People are laying down everywhere. It honestly does look like a gate at the airport. The poor team members handling this are saints. The language barrier for so many families is huge. It is like the confusion for Hogwarts Express but times 100.

HP is the money maker and they literally want a few more people to buy an $8.50 butter beer rather than wait in line. In return the theming and enjoyment of the land is impacted immensely.

Don’t get me started on the 80+ waiting for butter beer at the cart and there being no line at Hogs Head or even on the other side of the cart near Three Broomsticks.

At least there's a place with no line for butterbeer. Everyone kept saying the lines were long, but I wondered if they had looked beyond the main cart.

The same thing seems to be happening at Disneyland Paris where they just implemented a similar VQ for some rides and people are just congregating and bunched together waiting for their turn. I’m hoping that this situation in Hogsmeade will be alleviated if they start offering VQ for other rides in the parks

Velocicoaster opened during EE this morning, and Hagrid’s VQ opened at 9am. I got a return time of 10am. It gives you 30 minutes to return but may move up your time a little. Mine has mived up by a minute or 2.

VQ was a bust for us. We were able to get a reservation each day and kept trying to reschedule it for a time that we could get to the ride and never made it work.

Overall, I liked the idea of the VQ and I did like that they are trying to get the most efficiently out of the ride by moving up your reservation, however, I wish they let you opt into any change. “Good news, you can get on 8 minutes sooner! Tap here to accept”. And, if you don’t, it doesn’t move your time. That ‘simple’ change would make it a much better experience.

I say ‘simple’ because I’m not a programmer and have no idea how easy or hard that would be, nor have I thought through the unintentional consequences.

I know this is too late to answer OP’s original question, but passing on my experience anyway. This past weekend I had bookmarked the webpage on my phone. We got to Royal Pacific before 8 but virtual queue was not open. While waiting for my son to ride Hulk I went ahead and set up my party. Non early entry people were released at 8:45 and shortly afterwards VQ opened. We got a spot at 9:00 and then the counter kept adjusting to a earlier entry. It was a little confusing where to enter the queue due to cast members holding up signs advertising the VQ QR code, but the entry was between the lockers. The end of the line once entering was at the top of the hill at the little huts, so not bad. Same thing on Sunday, VQ opened just before 9, except this time entry was at 10:30. Went straight to area between lockers, had to weave through crowd waiting for their time. This time there was no wait, a straight walk on, bit of a shock. On both days I had no success in getting a second shot. I guess the only advice I can give is to save a few seconds once on site and set your party up and start trying around 15 minutes before official park open. I did not want to risk the rescheduling feature since other posters have said your original time would be canceled and you might wind up with nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter