Had to cancel our first DVC trip--how sad!!

omalley1118

DIS Veteran
Sometimes, life just gets in the way. We were going to Kidani in Sept, but I am starting a new job in 3 weeks, and it was just too much at once. The happy news is that I landed my first nursing job--just graduated in May AND we booked SSR for 11/28-12/5!!!!!

OMalley

Congratulations, You have so much to look forward too! A new job and a vacation! I know it's disapointing to not be going in Sept but as a Floridian, I have to tell you, " It's been dang hot" and Nov/Dec will be much cooler and you'll get to see the Christmas decorations!

It's all good! Good luck with your new job!

Congratulations on your new job. :thumbsup2 The end of Nov and the beginning of Dec is a wonderful time of year to go to WDW. You'll have a great time.

congrats on your new job from a fellow RN! I think there are several of us that are on the DIS boards. Nice get away from nursing.;)

Have a great time on your upcoming vacation!! Let them know in advance that you already had plans for certain dates and they should be able to allow you time off for it!

Congratulations on the new job and sorry you had to cancel.....HOWEVER, nothing beats going to Disney with all of the holiday decorations up!!! I'd choose December any day over Sept (and I have Sept and Dec both booked this year.) :rotfl2:

Sometimes, life just gets in the way. We were going to Kidani in Sept, but I am starting a new job in 3 weeks, and it was just too much at once. The happy news is that I landed my first nursing job--just graduated in May AND we booked SSR for 11/28-12/5!!!!!

OMalley

Congratulations on your new job

Keep in mind, if you want to go on a non-DVC trip, they offer really good rates for nurses at the Dolphin and Swan.

Congratulations on the nursing job from yet another nurse hanging out here!!! Awesome news and your vacation will be well deserved!!

Congratulations on your first nursing job! I still have fond memories of my first nursing job 30 years ago:scared1: but it seems like yesterday and I still love the profession. The job can sometimes be stressful but atleast you will always have DVC to relax you (and dream about when you aren't there).

Mimmiepnp :)

PS: We will be at SSR 11/25-11/27 and then BLT 11/27-12/1 :banana:

That's part of the cool thing about DVC. If you aren't going "soon" you'll be going "soon after". Glad you got the job. :earsboy:

Congrats from a fellow May graduate. I started my first job as a RN in the ED last week. Have you already taken boards? While it may be sad to have to cancel your trip, there will be many more DVC trips to look forward to in the future.

Time will fly with your new job, you'll be "Home" before you know it! Congrats!

Thanks to all of you for your encouraging reponses!!!! I am very excited about starting as an ER Nurse, as that's the reason I went back to school. Time will fly, and soon I'll be able to make all new reservations!!!

OMalley

Congrats on your new carrer. I too am a nurse. Counting the days till my DVC vacation! 88! I just love to be away from the stress and people calling my name. This time we are not going to do the parks very much. More Pool time. We are even going to try and take a tennis lesson!
Lexi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter