Guru predicts Brother Bear to hit $100-110

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
-- million, that is.

The Guru predicts, after a strong second weekend with only a 4% drop, that the Bear will reach the century mark during its run.

Wow, another big one for the Orlando crew, far, far away from the tendrils of the Left Coast.

www.boxofficeguru.com

Only a 4% drop. That is unbelievable! Did Lilo and Stitch have a similar drop to this? If I remember correctly, Lilo opened with just over $26 million, but I may be mistaken. What was the following week for Lilo? Any way you look at it, I think this is a tremendous result for Disney, let's just hope it can keep goin into and beyond next weekend!

Panthius

Speaking of a 4% drop is like comparing apples with oranges - BB had a two-day opening weekend, which makes this loss seem so small when it is really much greater on a per-day basis: 24 and 28% respectively. That's still very good, however - better than Finding Nemo, although that film made much more money to begin with.

I am much more interested in the drop this coming weekend. Looney Tunes comes out for the true competition to BB. Elf had a good opening but as a PG, it is not "direct" competition. It definitely got some of BB's dollars but then so did Matrix. If BB can hold its own this coming weekend, they should have a very good showing for the whole month.

Excuse me if this BB question has been posted on another thread -- But what did BB cost to make?
I read on another board the cost was $100 mill. But I don't know their source.
And I think BB will make over that on DVD sales alone.

I'm glad to hear the good projections for BB, but did anyone else think BB was particularly lame? It started so s-l-o-w-l-y and the music was mostly dull.

Anything over 100 million sounds fairly respectable for Brother Bear, expecially since the Treasure Planet disaster last year. Certainly it can be profitable, assuming a $100 mil or so price tag, based on healthy Video/DVD sales.

Question is, how much would Brother Bear have to gross before Disney considers it a success? Traditionally-animated features have had a poor track record for a while now, and we certainly know what Eisner thinks of this type of animation. What would BB have to do to turn around the prospects for future hand-drawn feature animation?

The estimate for this weekend is $12,017,000, a drop is 35%. That's quite respectable, but given the relatively poor opening even staying power won't help this film exceed 100 million by much.

Perhaps not guide, but the next two weeks will be pivotal. Elf certainly did well, but Looney Tunes appears little threat. How will Cat In The Hat affect it will be interesting.

I agree that much more than 100M looks tough but again, if it can be sitting at say 75M after next weekend, then has a good, long holiday weekend (with lots of family outings) it could still surprise...
pirate:

Anybody know a production and marketing cost figure yet ? Boxoffice still says "N/A"

I'd be curious to know the marketing figure for Cat in the Hat. Even TV commercial break seems to have at least some mention of it.

Another nice weekend here in the mid-Atlantic, and we were out trying to wear out my 3yo son outside. I know that first cold, rainy Saturday, we're off to Brother Bear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter