Gulf Shores Nov 13 to 18

We will be there in the first week of October, Kris.

Not the best for the weather but we have never been to the long-running annual Shrimp Festival so that will be our week to hit it for once. IIRC @tiggerdad hit the Shrimp Festival a year or two ago.

Hope you have great weather and beautiful sunrises.

ED

PS - I like Bobcat in the non-spring/summer time. in early November, the breeze off the lake can be STIFF.

PPS - you'll be close to time for the Foley Rotary Oyster Run. It's a 5k run and walk and "long" runners might look down their nose at a 5k but they have a great post-run party: kegs of beer, hot dogs, pizza, jambalaya, and a sponsor of the race is an Oyster fisherman (3 shucked per person limit, Bert). We started doing this race over 20 years ago. A great community run with lots of awards groups and 3-deep winners in each age bracket. If there is a way to get there on a Friday night, this is one to do (on Saturday morning). And the grand door prize is a weekend in condo on the Gulf Shores beach (for all finishers). Watch foleyrotary.org and choose the "Oyster Run" link about a month b4 the second Saturday of November.

Last edited:

Bummer!
Kids school schedule will keep us from even being able to try.

Well we were supposed to be driving to Gulf Shores now. However when we got to the rig this morning we had a flat tire. It came outside on Friday. They did not notice anything. I looked at it this morning and was like ugh tire no good.

we canceled. Going back tomorrow to troubleshoot. Bummed but the weather this week was fairly cold, that made the decision slightly easier. The safety factor sealed it though. Hopefully it is only a defective valve stem. Tires are new. Put them on this summer.

That stinks. Hopefully it is just a stem. Seems odd that it rolled out fine yesterday. I figured the weather would be cold. It is really cold here. Expecting more snow Monday night and Tuesday.

j

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter