Guest Test of Magic Bands (Official Notice)

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
The following has been posted in the Advisories section of the official internal web site.

As part of the test and adjust process for MyMagic+, a test involving Guests will begin onsite June 20. Selected Guests will be contacted beginning as early as June 3, inviting them to participate in the test. Test participants will:

Touch to enter their rooms, touch to enter the parks and touch to pay at eligible locations starting upon check in and continuing through their departure (all eligible parties will depart by July 6)
Redeem FastPass+ selections at all four theme parks between June 20 and June 26

Below is an outline of how eligibility for the test has been determined:

Eligible Guests:

Check-in date of June 20, 21 or 22 AND
Staying in Walt Disney World accommodations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House or Disney’s Contemporary Resort only

Ineligible Guests:

Check-in date outside testing window (before June 20 or after June 22) OR
Staying in a Disney Vacation Club villa (Jambo House, Kidani Village, Bay Lake Tower) OR
WDW Resort Guest staying anywhere other than the eligible locations above OR
Any Guest staying off property

Thanks, CF.

Looking forward to reports from DISers who are selected to participate.

Thanks for sharing, CF.

Makes sense that they'd start doing the small group tryouts on the basic experience package...

Well dang I check in June 23rd! And I'm not staying at either of those 2 resorts oh well

Thanks for the update. Interesting that they are excluding DVC from the test. Probably to Keep it simple and deal with only one reservation system for now.

Thanks CF. Always great to get some information on the testing. Hopefully someone here will get to experience it.

Kinda falls in line with what I was thinking. Selected tests getting started with real guests and slowly expanding over the summer. Working the kinks out in late August/September before the holiday & party season kicks off.

- We're not going in June or July
- We've never stayed (but would love to) at AKL or CR....

I'm thinking our chances of being selected are somewhat low.....:rotfl2:

Like others I'll be interested to read reports from those who are lucky enough to get to 'play'!

We are going in July to SSR. Hoping maybe they will expand it some by then. Thanks for the info, CF! :goodvibes

I'm glad to get another trip in before widespread use.

I don't know if I'd turn down being part of the test if my dates fell within the range though. I want more details on how it all will work.

Fastpass as we know it will be a thing of the past soon. THE END IS NEAR!! Glad we are missing it, but curious how it will play out for our trip next year. By then someone will have figured out the system and what is best. Oh happy day!

I like that date because, unlike many I do not want this system to be in play for my trip. I am the second half of July, there is no way they are going to have this up to speed by then and for that I am greatful:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2
I like that date because, unlike many I do not want this system to be in play for my trip. I am the second half of July, there is no way they are going to have this up to speed by then and for that I am greatful:thumbsup2

Yes! At least we'll know the drill.:)

I think it's very clear that this is another round of testing, not the beginning of role out.

First, Cheshire called it a test.

Second, it has an end date. Role out wouldn't require guests to check out by a specific date.

Which means, anything we hear about guests experiences could be different from what it will finally be. They may make changes based on the tests, or they could alter how they know it will run in order to better test a certain aspect.

What I would love to know is what are the specific goals of this test. IT test? Guest satisfaction? Data to be able to predict guest FP+ selections? Effect on stand bye lines?

1. I think it's very clear that this is another round of testing, not the beginning of role out.

First, Cheshire called it a test.

Second, it has an end date. Role out wouldn't require guests to check out by a specific date.

Which means, anything we hear about guests experiences could be different from what it will finally be. They may make changes based on the tests, or they could alter how they know it will run in order to better test a certain aspect.

2. What I would love to know is what are the specific goals of this test. IT test? Guest satisfaction? Data to be able to predict guest FP+ selections? Effect on stand bye lines?

this^

1.they may just be testing the bands the same way they used the cards.

2. or even things like if people actually show up for their fp+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter