Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Just to confirm, I can purchase an $ILL even if I don't have a park reservation for Epcot right? hoping to hop and go late after AK closes

I tried to do a simulation for the virtual queue for my upcoming trip in few days. Followed the instructions but could not find the option to "select party". I assume that is only available on the day of Epcot reservations?

I tried to do a simulation for the virtual queue for my upcoming trip in few days. Followed the instructions but could not find the option to "select party". I assume that is only available on the day of Epcot reservations?
There is an option to confirm your party even without a reservation but nobody will be eligible without an Epcot reservation for the same day when you go to the screen to confirm your party. You would have to check for it before 7am.

January 30 experience:
7am using all the "tricks" (time.gov, pre-selecting party), couldn't get a boarding group. Must've gone in less than 2 seconds.
Bought an individual LL with return time of 9:30am.
1pm got boarding group with return time around 5pm.

BTW - in 35 years of visiting Disney parks, including Tokyo and Paris, most fun I've ever had on a Disney attraction. Truly remarkable, memorable experience. Rise is probably the "best" attraction, but the feeling of floating in space on Guardians is unrivaled.

January 30 experience:
7am using all the "tricks" (time.gov, pre-selecting party), couldn't get a boarding group. Must've gone in less than 2 seconds.
Bought an individual LL with return time of 9:30am.
1pm got boarding group with return time around 5pm.

BTW - in 35 years of visiting Disney parks, including Tokyo and Paris, most fun I've ever had on a Disney attraction. Truly remarkable, memorable experience. Rise is probably the "best" attraction, but the feeling of floating in space on Guardians is unrivaled.
So much for the folks out there trying to say the demand is waning
it’s as hard at 7am today as it was on the day it opened
the other slots have always tended to last longer

A current point of reference. The last two days (Tuesday/Wednesday) I was able to get a boarding group after park hopping to Epcot at 2:00pm. Both days the boarding group was called right before 6pm. And also both days it was a walk on straight into the first preshow room. Got to do it 4 days in a row. Sunday, with an Epcot park res; Monday with the 6:00pm deluxe resort drop; then Tuesday and Wednesday with park hopping. No ILL$ for us.

Experience today Saturday 2/11. Used time.gov and hit refresh exactly at 6:59:59 and got boarding group 98.

Kind of wild to think of how many people were doing the exact same thing at the exact same moment. We are groot

My goodness, tried to get on a VQ 7 am and it did not work. I hit refresh I second before 7am and it was already sold out. I had to buy ILL, 60 bucks in the thrash 😡

I know. The way the 7am sell out instantly conveniently encourages many people to buy a lightening lane. Not that I subscribe to such crazy conspiracy theories lol.

Hopefully you could ride twice if you got a virtual queue at 1pm
I see lots with that same line of thought
I totally understand where it comes from. I really do. Just real life observation doesn’t appear to be how it is
There are a whole lot of VQ spots on a given day. Extremely high percentage compared to $LL
if it were all about money I’d expect 1, a lower number of VQ to push more people in to buying and 2, no second drop at 1.
the $LL line is practically nonexistent. Even if they want to keep it low there are spaces to fit more in that line and still keep it low

I think it’s more bc from park open to 1pm is only 4 hours, but 1pm to park close is generally 7-8 hours, so they probably release far fewer VQ spots at the 7am drop. Also I think more people are aware of the 7am and some may ignore the 1pm if they’re doing other things in the afternoon.

The 7:00 drop stresses me out so much because I only have a partial day in Epcot (need to leave by 3:00), so won’t benefit from the 1:00 drop. Will definitely be buying an ILL$.

I was trying to “practice” At home by selecting selecting my party to join a group. However I never get prompted to select my friends group. Am I doing something wrong? When are you able to select who is riding?

Edit - nvm. I missed the sentence where it said 6 am, 12, and 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter