Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Maybe you love getting up at the crack of dawn to play "fastest fingers" with a bunch of smartphone addicts
Most days the 1p VQ is open for an hour or more. Occassionally the VQ is open until park closing. It doesn't matter if you have the world's slowest fingers.

Your wait, once you enter the building, can be 30 - 45 minutes. VQ serves to keep the queue inside the building. It avoids long lines outside. It also limits the number of times a day you can ride it.

NO, it would be lousy. Maybe you love getting up at the crack of dawn to play "fastest fingers" with a bunch of smartphone addicts. Not me. It's time for a standby line. If they leave both Tron and GOTG on the damn VQ, I might just cancel another trip. Or add more days at Universal and Sea World instead of WDW. At least at UOR, I won't have to put up with that smartphone crap.
So you think standing in line for maybe 4, 5 hours (or even 2 hours) is better than waking up at 6:55, going back to bed at 7:05? Or just trying at 1PM, where you haven't woken up early, period?
Sure, good plan though, give up without trying.
Because are right, you won't get a thing without trying. More for those of us who try though, so that's a-ok.

wondering how late the $ILL goes until for a 9 pm park close at Epcot. We are thinking of booking one on our animal kingdom day since they close at 7 pm. will uber over and try to ride. thanks.

Most days the 1p VQ is open for an hour or more. Occassionally the VQ is open until park closing. It doesn't matter if you have the world's slowest fingers.

Your wait, once you enter the building, can be 30 - 45 minutes. VQ serves to keep the queue inside the building. It avoids long lines outside. It also limits the number of times a day you can ride it.
Last Saturday was pretty busy in the park, we got VQ in the 1 pm drop with no rush at all, booked at maybe 1:05 or thereafter(?) bg 169, rode at about 7 pm it was great.

It sounds like the 7am queue fills up within seconds. We'll be en route to Epcot Sunday morning but will stop to try to get in. We plan on doing Epcot in the morning and then hopping to MK. The problem is, if we don't get in the early queue and we can't get ILL until 9am, will the times before 2pm already be gone by then? It sounds like we might not be able to do it at all.

great! would the last time slot to purchase be 8:00-9:00 then?
I'm not sure. You can grab any VQ or ILL$ time as once it's been called, it is good until park close.
It sounds like the 7am queue fills up within seconds. We'll be en route to Epcot Sunday morning but will stop to try to get in. We plan on doing Epcot in the morning and then hopping to MK. The problem is, if we don't get in the early queue and we can't get ILL until 9am, will the times before 2pm already be gone by then? It sounds like we might not be able to do it at all.
Are you staying onsite or offsite?

I'm not sure. You can grab any VQ or ILL$ time as once it's been called, it is good until park close.

Are you staying onsite or offsite?
Sorry, meant to say. We're staying off site. We plan on parking at the TTC and monorailing in, but will probably be driving at 7am. We'll stop to try, but as we're offsite we won't be able to ILL$ until 9am. My fear is they will easily be gone by then thus our fate with GotG will depend on lucking out in the virtual queue.

Sorry, meant to say. We're staying off site. We plan on parking at the TTC and monorailing in, but will probably be driving at 7am. We'll stop to try, but as we're offsite we won't be able to ILL$ until 9am. My fear is they will easily be gone by then thus our fate with GotG will depend on lucking out in the virtual queue.
Yes, if staying offsite, you will be eligible to purchase an ILL$ once the park opens, if they are still available for purchase. Normally the 1PM drop works for people who have an Epcot park reservation but are unsuccessful but, if you are hopping out of Epcot this option may not work for you.

The ILL$ sell out much more slowly than the VQ slots. I bought our 2 ILL$ for GotG just before 10 AM last Monday (Jan. 30) and first had to choose an hourly period, 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM, 5 PM, 6 PM or 7 PM. I clicked 7 PM and had the choice of several specific times. The latest one was 7:50 PM, which was the one I booked. So apparently many ILL$ slots were available at that time.

The ILL$ sell out much more slowly than the VQ slots. I bought our 2 ILL$ for GotG just before 10 AM last Monday (Jan. 30) and first had to choose an hourly period, 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM, 5 PM, 6 PM or 7 PM. I clicked 7 PM and had the choice of several specific times. The latest one was 7:50 PM, which was the one I booked. So apparently many ILL$ slots were available at that time.
This is information I was looking for as well! I was wondering how difficult it is to buy $ILL if staying off site. Sounds hopeful that they will still be available at 9am. We will try the virtual queue at 7am but want to remove as much uncertainty as possible. It’s the only attraction we really care about this trip.

One nuance - if my Disney springs hotel qualifies for early entry can I get $ILL at 8:30? I would assume not but might give it a try and see what happens.

I would still caution people not to wait too long to purchase ILL$ based on the chart below.

When the heat map turns grey, as it does most days around 9AM, all ILL$ are sold out for the day.
1675461825066.png

So is the reason that GOTG is all greyed out in the app because it's all filled/sold?
Yes. When it turns grey it is sold out for the day.
This chart is confusing. Can offsite guests not buy until 9am? What is the dotted line at 8:30? Why are there gaps on some days where grey becomes red or yellow?
Normally 8:30 (dashed line) is when Epcot opens for Early Theme Park Entry for onsite guests.

Offsite guests are not eligible to purchase ILL$ until the park officially opens which is normally 9AM.

The colours are explained in the key to the right and correspond with return times available. There is a link in my post to the source website.

Couple of Qs, have ridden GotG & love it. do have 2 days scheduled there for quickie upcoming trip.

1). checking into resort on 2/6, doing online checkin. won’t actually arrive at resort until the evening. Technically, would I be able to try for GotG @ 7 am…at home…hundreds of miles away? Granted, we should just try for the 1 pm one, as with the delays we’ve experienced who knows if we would be in the park on time.

2). ILL, same question, would I be eligible for the onsite early booking window our day of arrival?

Couple of Qs, have ridden GotG & love it. do have 2 days scheduled there for quickie upcoming trip.

1). checking into resort on 2/6, doing online checkin. won’t actually arrive at resort until the evening. Technically, would I be able to try for GotG @ 7 am…at home…hundreds of miles away? Granted, we should just try for the 1 pm one, as with the delays we’ve experienced who knows if we would be in the park on time.

2). ILL, same question, would I be eligible for the onsite early booking window our day of arrival?
Yes and yes!

If you get a 7 AM VQ, you have until the park closes to use it, so I'd try at 7. If you don't get it then, you can try again with the 1 PM drop.

And the ILL$ would also be usable until the park closes, although when you buy it you'll be able to choose your window so can fit it to your expected arrival time much better.

Thanks, for some reason I thot you had to be there within an hour. Glad i asked :)
For the G+LLs, Disney enforces the 1-hour window (actually 5 minutes before until 15 minutes after). But for VQ and ILL$ they don't - once your BG is called or your window opens, you can return anytime before park closure. That seems to be true even though you pick your window for ILL$ so could presumably schedule around ADRs, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter