Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Virtual queue is free at 7am and 1pm, the 1pm lasts a lot longer than the 7am by all accounts.
Thank you! Is it like G+ where I wont really be able to pick a time/just keep refreshing until a good time (would prefer later afternoon, not park hopping just due to other plans in the park), or should I just be content to get any time?

Also, should one focus on their G+ selection or Guardians queue first at 7am?

Thank you! Is it like G+ where I wont really be able to pick a time/just keep refreshing until a good time (would prefer later afternoon, not park hopping just due to other plans in the park), or should I just be content to get any time?

You get what you get. It’s a random number not a time. VQ first. It goes fast

Correct, you don't pick a time. Do NOT refresh, you won't get it at all. Cast members have been allowing guests to enter the VQ line any time after their group is called, without issue. So take what you can get, and go when you want that day, as long as your group has been called.

VQ first. Then G+, especially if you want Remy. Then ILL for Guardians if you want it. That has been available for hours. And it's worth riding twice!

I just wanted to give our experience yesterday (8/17). 2 adults in our upper 40’s. We got a boarding pass at 7am (group 91) also bought a $LL at 9am, return time of 12:45-1:45. App said our group would be called about 2:15. It ended up getting called at 1:05. We used our $LL at 1:30. We got the very back of the car (row 10) and I needed time to recoup before riding again. We used the VQ at 3:00 with no problems and I thankfully got row 3 which I was much happier with, lol

We are a group of 4. Won’t arrive at Poly till 1 or 2 pm On the 12th. Planning to go to Epcot for extra magic hours. if I make a park reservation for Epcot that day can I get a VQ at one but start at another park after 2pm. We have hoppers.

On 8/22 the 1pm queue closed quickly. I would’ve purchased ILL but decided not to based on it still being available at 2pm last week.
I was able to get a spot at the 6pm drop.

We are a group of 4. Won’t arrive at Poly till 1 or 2 pm On the 12th. Planning to go to Epcot for extra magic hours. if I make a park reservation for Epcot that day can I get a VQ at one but start at another park after 2pm. We have hoppers.
If I understand your plans neither will work.
You have to have tapped in to Epcot in order to try to join the 1PM VQ
In addition, you have to tap in to your reserved park prior to hopping anywhere so you can't reserve Epcot and start at another park.
You can do the other way around, make park reservations for wherever it is you plan to start and then hop to Epcot for Extra hours and join the Extra hours VQ

Just a note to those who read this thread for future visits. This week has seen historically low crowds across all of WDW.
I hope this continues to next week when I'm there!

Also, I feel like at one point I read something about a single rider line/queue. Anyone think this will open any time soon? Or will it only be once virtual queue isn't an option?

Last edited:
Just a note to those who read this thread for future visits. This week has seen historically low crowds across all of WDW.
While that may be true, I was there last week and the crowds were MUCH higher than last year at the same time. Historically, this week is pretty low with kids going back to school in many states. However, the number of Europeans has increased dramatically--which makes sense, all those postponed 2020 trips. I would estimate that about half of the conversations I overhead last week had a British accent--which is always fun to hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter